Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where are the squads?

ImNoSane

Question

Hey people , just started playing this game, and so far I really like it, however I can rarely find a open squad on mission, just wondering where the people are? Or am I not getting my setting right? If someone can shed some light on it would be great... thank you :)

14 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, ImNoSane said:

Hey people , just started playing this game, and so far I really like it, however I can rarely find a open squad on mission, just wondering where the people are? Or am I not getting my setting right? If someone can shed some light on it would be great... thank you :)

No your settings aren't the problem. The problem comes from the fact the majority of the players are playing on high level missions, leaving the low leveled ones pretty much deserted. My advice would be for you to find people in your timezone to play alongside you. (By the way, if your time crosses with mine I'd gladly help you out, I'm in France.)

We all hope this problem will be solved with the new starmap DE has announced, that is supposed to reduce the number of missions per planet to the types of missions available, and thus logically create a larger pool of open squads everywhere in the solar system.

Too many people seek the endgame / metagame asap or go around solo.

Use the Recruiting chat tab both to seek company and / or a clan that doesn't mind accepting starters. I'm sure you'll get one that will get you going.

There are very few players who replay the earlier sections of the game.  If you ever need help, you can go to recruiting chat say your a new player and that you need some help.  Most of the time there will be a few people willing to help you out with the missions.

30 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

No your settings aren't the problem. The problem comes from the fact the majority of the players are playing on high level missions, leaving the low leveled ones pretty much deserted. My advice would be for you to find people in your timezone to play alongside you. (By the way, if your time crosses with mine I'd gladly help you out, I'm in France.)

We all hope this problem will be solved with the new starmap DE has announced, that is supposed to reduce the number of missions per planet to the types of missions available, and thus logically create a larger pool of open squads everywhere in the solar system.

this this so much this *feeds upvote*

the grind is real for the newer players. this game is actually much more welcoming if you have an experienced friend who can help you pull through the earlier stuff, finish the starmap, and give you some of the "essential" mods that you'll be missing for the LONGEST time (and we have hundreds of)

most of the players bum-rush to "endgame" content because that's where the rewards are, and for many players, the fun. even I am guilty of this most of the time, popping in for maybe an hour a day to finish some daily farming before popping off to avoid burnout. I actually make a habit to periodically run a few random missions on Mercury and help out the newbie players I find there. help them farm the Frame they're looking forward to the most (non-prime OFC). get them to the planets they need unlocked, and more or less give them that little helpful kick that'll make their overall experience just that much easier. This game is hell on the new joins TBH, I got my roomate into playing it and they flat-out told me that if I hadn't been there to help them through the slog of newbie-play and grinding for those "essential" mods that they would've quit out of frustration. instead, they're one of the best players I play with now and main a NEKROS for chrissake.

my best recommendation would be to look for a Clan that can help you through the slog. I've heard some things about some higher-level players gathering on the Mercury Relay to help out "noob parties" but I've never confirmed it

This is why I randomly pop in the low level spots every now and then.  Especially the places I had a hard time with when I was new to the game, everyone needs a helping hand sometimes )

2 hours ago, ImNoSane said:

This is unfortunately a major problem, most of the member base see no reason to go back to the lower level worlds once they have cleared them. A lot of new people are finding that they have to solo 90 percent of the starmap, I had to do this myself. Either that or be carried through the boss fights by friends/clan members, just to open up all the planets.

So you'll be lucky for finding teams there. Hopefully though the new starmap that is coming soon will fix the problem.

On 5/2/2016 at 7:51 AM, KiloFoxx said:

the grind is real for the newer players. this game is actually much more welcoming if you have an experienced friend who can help you pull through the earlier stuff, finish the starmap, and give you some of the "essential" mods that you'll be missing for the LONGEST time (and we have hundreds of)

What's this?  A founder taking up the cause of the new player?  Have my upvote good sir.  (Too often I see people stating that things in Warframe are "to easy", sic.  People forget how harsh it is starting out, and actually NEEDING NANOSPORES!  Nanospores, and literally everything else in the game, too.)

Sadly yes, the solar map is dead space.  Clan and Alliance can help a lot with this though.  I got through it via help in recruiting chat.

Isn't helping newcomers what older players are supposed to do ?

In a more perfect world, Yes.

Edited by EvilKam

7 hours ago, EvilKam said:

What's this?  A founder taking up the cause of the new player?  Have my upvote good sir.  (Too often I see people stating that things in Warframe are "to easy", sic.  People forget how harsh it is starting out, and actually NEEDING NANOSPORES!  Nanospores, and literally everything else in the game, too.)

As a new player, I would have the say the game is a bit on the easy side (and so completely understand that vets would be saying it is too easy). I think the major issue is information about the game is located outside the game. If you are used to the handwalking in the majority of other online games this one can be confusing (which is different from difficult gameplay).

The " leveling " is pretty self explanatory, the mods descriptions are short and often a little misleading. Really a lot of new player issues could be avoided by tagging on a link to the forums and/or wiki to the liset HUD for anyone below MR 2. Giving an in game lead to some of the more vague information that would help a new player. The reality is the information is there, but not spoon fed in a way people are used to getting it. The star map shows what drops on the planet etc. It is only "harsh" because the game doesn't follow the same cookie cutter setup, which in my opinion is part of its "charm" and a good thing.

I personally like that, but I also know that isn't the general sentiment amongst the majority of gamers. It is nice figuring things out on my own. It is why I enjoy games like The Secret World with the investigation missions etc.

Edited by (XB1)Skylancer4

The old star map wasn't perfect, but it showed where each mission was, in a "spiderweb", so you could always tell how to unlock each planet.  After 1700 hours of gameplay, I have no clue how to get fom Neptune to Ceres, or even if it is POSSIBLE to get from Neptune to Ceres.  Information was presented in a straightforwards display that showed clear connections between ALL missions.  Now that information is ONLY available in the wiki.  The new map is FLASHY, but useless.

No game should be so obtuse as to REQUIRE a Wiki to understand basics.

The game is less brutal nowadays, since you get handed a damaged serration and a redirection mod at the start.  However, if you start playing behind an overloaded wifi connection the game changes.  Multiplayer evaporates except on days when everyone else is gone.  I promise that if you're stuck solo for 90% of the early game, Warframe is not kind.

Even worse since most of the star map is full of "useless" missions that you only run once and never again unless an alert shows up there... which is usually the ONLY reason to run a mission.

Edited by EvilKam