Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the Nikana is now the most Iconic weapon in Warframe

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I love the Nikana series. :3

Dragon Nikana is my most used weapon atm, soon it will be the Nikana Prime. ^-^
May not be the strongest of all melees, but it sure is a beautiful weapon.

Maybe we will get a Dragon Nikana Prime sometime in the future.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Maybe we will get a Dragon Nikana Prime sometime in the future.

The Nikana Prime is the direct upgrade to the Dragon Nikana.

Almost all stats on the NP are higher than the DN, it might be a Primed version of the Nikana, but it is also a Dragon Nikana Prime (basically). I could see why you would think that though. ;3  I don't see a reason for a Dragon Nikana Prime, since the Nikana Prime is already stronger, than both weapons.

From 45 base damage on the Normal
To 85 base damage on the Dragon.
To 95 base damage on the Prime.

I don't really think it could get any better.
But if it did follow the above stats, the Dragon Nikana Prime would deal a whopping 135 base damage XD

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

3 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

It may be a direct upgrade in terms of stats, but they're still both variants of the Nikana.

The Dragon/Prime Nikana are direct upgrades of the Nikana, just one of them is stronger than the other.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

2 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

It may be a direct upgrade, but they're still both variants of the Nikana.

The Dragon/Prime Nikana are direct upgrades of the Nikana, just one of them is stronger than the other.

Are you saying the Dragon Nikana may be an upgrade to the original but of a Tenno design?

Whereas the Nikana Prime is a different upgrade to the same weapon, but of Orokin design? And since they knew their stuff, it ended up being stronger.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

9 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

Nikana has been around for a while at this point. Probably seeing a lot of Nikana Prime because it is a new weapon that people are leveling. Certainly a nice weapon and looks pretty, but has it's faults.

When compared to other weapons it is relatively new to already have a Prime version is what I was getting at.

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Almost all stats on the NP are higher than the DN, it isn't a Primed version of the Nikana, it is a Dragon Nikana Prime (basically). Although, I could see why you would think that.
I don't see a reason for a Dragon Nikana Prime, since the Nikana Prime is already stronger, than both weapons.

From 45 base damage on the Normal
To 85 base damage on the Dragon.
To 95 base damage on the Prime.

I don't really think it could get any better.
But if it did follow the above stats, the Dragon Nikana Prime would deal a whopping 135 base damage XD

Nikana Prime isn't a direct upgrade to the Dragon Nikana. Not in the truest sense. Dragon Nikana is a direct upgrade to the Nikana, Nikana Prime IS an upgrade, stat-wise, but it is indeed a Primed version of the regular Nikana, not the Dragon, the Gemini Sheath skin availible to this variant shows as much. It wouldn't be entirely out of the question to have a Prime Dragon Nikana, which would require a Nikana Prime to build as well as other parts.

1 minute ago, Wolfglaive said:

Nikana Prime isn't a direct upgrade to the Dragon Nikana. Not in the truest sense. Dragon Nikana is a direct upgrade to the Nikana, Nikana Prime IS an upgrade, stat-wise, but it is indeed a Primed version of the regular Nikana, not the Dragon, the Gemini Sheath skin availible to this variant shows as much. It wouldn't be entirely out of the question to have a Prime Dragon Nikana, which would require a Nikana Prime to build as well as other parts.

Oh god... lol

That will be the day that I die happy.

2 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Are you saying the Dragon Nikana may be an upgrade to the original but of a Tenno design?

Whereas the Nikana Prime is a different upgrade to the same weapon, but of Orokin design? And since they knew their stuff, it ended up being stronger.

Since when was this about lore?

We got the Nikana first, and I think the Dragon Nikana come with it in the same update, if my mind serves me correctly. The fact that the Nikana Prime was made before is irrelevant.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

We got the Nikana first, and I think the Dragon Nikana come with it in the same update, if my mind serves me correctly. The fact that the Nikana Prime was made before is irrelevant.

Yeah, both the Nikana and Dragon Nikana released with Melee 2.0, update 13. Funny enough, there was a bug in the market which showed the Dragon Nikana and Nikana as identical the first day or so it was out, so I ended up buying the regular Nikana. First wasted potato. Last wasted potato. >:I

3 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

Wait I forgot about Umbra, didn't DE confirm that Umbra Excalibur will be like Primes but darker versions? So that means that we may get Umbra weapons as well so we may have a Umbra Nikana soon to.

5 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

We got the Nikana first, and I think the Dragon Nikana come with it in the same update, if my mind serves me correctly.

Wasn't trying to make this about lore.

Just saying. The Nikana Prime was the first true Nikana. The subsequent Nikana and Dragon Nikana were made from scattered information about the Nikana Prime. We did get the Nikana first, the Dragon Nikana took a normal Nikana to build and is its direct upgrade.

The Dragon Nikana probably won't have a primed variant however, since it's of a Tenno design, and therefore cannot possibly have a Primed variant. Since it was founded after the fall of the Empire.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Just now, Wolfglaive said:

Yeah, both the Nikana and Dragon Nikana released with Melee 2.0, update 13. Funny enough, there was a bug in the market which showed the Dragon Nikana and Nikana as identical the first day or so it was out, so I ended up buying the regular Nikana. First wasted potato. Last wasted potato. >:I

Ahah, I actually own all Nikanas right now.

My Trio of Nikana, I call it. And I got 1 different stance on each, because we got 3 stances right now to. 

Perfect.

Just now, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Wait I forgot about Umbra, didn't DE confirm that Umbra Excalibur will be like Primes but darker versions? So that means that we may get Umbra weapons as well so we may have a Umbra Nikana soon to.

DE didn't confirm anything about Umbra other than it's being worked on. It won't necessarily feature weapons that come with it, but it's possible. Hopefully not, though. Too many variant types already exist. Prisma, Wraith, Vandal, Dex, Prime, Mara (if you count that).

1 minute ago, Wolfglaive said:

DE didn't confirm anything about Umbra other than it's being worked on. It won't necessarily feature weapons that come with it, but it's possible. Hopefully not, though. Too many variant types already exist. Prisma, Wraith, Vandal, Dex, Prime, Mara (if you count that).

I'd be fine with just Warframes, weapons would be cool, but aren't necessary in my opinion...

We have so many already.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

I don't think we'll get umbra weapons.

When Umbra Excal came out in china, he came with the Spira Prime and Nikana Prime.

Just now, Wolfglaive said:

Jesus, just imagine Dex Nikana, Prisma Nikana, Wraith Nikana and Vandal Nikana. That would be sweet AF.

1 minute ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Jesus, just imagine Dex Nikana, Prisma Nikana, Wraith Nikana and Vandal Nikana. That would be sweet AF.

O.O

Prisma Nikana would be cool. (Wraith and Vandal wouldn't work with the Nikana, since these types apply to mainly Grineer and Corpus Weapons. Dex is possible however.)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy