Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When should I forma?

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Question

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Evening!

When should I use a forma? As soon as my warframe/gear hits Rank 30? Wait until I uncover/open all the planets?

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

Bit of a TL;DR here.

First thing you'll want to do is familiarize yourself with the mods system. I'm assuming you've already done so since you're asking about forma, so I'll skip that bit.
You'll have to try and find a weapon you like. Once you find one, take a look at its stats, and see what would best benefit the weapon. Use the wiki or other players to help you determine this.
Once you have all the mods you'll need, you should try to rank them up. Some of the 10-level mods can start being used at rank 7 (My Serration is only 8, and I haven't leveled it in forever), but most other mods should be maxed. You'll want to try and fit as many of these mods on your item as possible. Use an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst to double the mod capacity (from 30 points to 60 points).
If you can't fit every mod onto the weapon, then it's time to forma. You'll want to single out the most expensive mods (Ex. Serration uses 14 points, as opposed to Point Strike, which uses 9 points), and place forma where you want to put these expensive mods. Make sure the polarities match, or the mods will cost even more.

In short:
When you find a weapon you like, use a forma on it (if it needs it). Spend Forma wisely!

you only need to Forma if you want to take your weapon or frame into the higher levels of content, such as long T3/T4 Void Runs, Sorties or Raids. however if you like a weapon or frame that much, you can just level and forma it to make it more powerful as quickly as possible, if that's your desire.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

Assuming that the equipment you're talking about is one of your favorites, then put Forma on it to fit more/higher ranked mods to make it even better as soon as you want (or as soon as the mods are ranked up enough to warrant it.)