Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Armistice Era (A Complete Warframe TTRPG, with links)

Morec0

lAYhnQB.png

Roughly one year ago, I began on a little quest.  I wanted to give something back to the community of a game which had provided me with so much entertainment and in which I had met so many interesting and friendly people.  The introduction of the files I’m going to link to you covers the rest of what I’d have to say here just as well, though, so I’m going to cut to the chase:

I give to you, that community, my gift.  A Tabletop Roleplaying game set in the universe of that brought all of us together in the first place Warframe: Armistice Era.

In this, however, you shall not take up the role of one of the unstoppable, Warframe-wielding, Void-infused Tenno, however.  You shall take up the role as a member of the Grineer Empire, an employee of the Corpus Corporation, a follower of one of the many Syndicates or, heck, if you want: a simple Colonist.  You shall move through and fight a world that only remembers the Tenno, one to which the Tenno have yet to reawaken to.  A time before the Lotus, a time before hostilities between the Grineer and Corpus had broken out once again and a tenuous peace, fueled by the mutual need for one another, has been forged between them while Syndicates, brought together by their own tenuous alliances, necessity for survival, and shared ultimate goal, struggle against them and strive to bring them down.

I hope that people enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it.  It may have taken me a while, I may have had setbacks, roadblocks, and rewrites (on top of very often having no real clue WHAT I was doing) but to see this completed and think that, maybe, someone will be able to enjoy it is all I need at this point. And don't worry: everything is free. I'm not out to make money off of this. It's a gift, after all.

Here's a playlist of a short-lived test campaign of the game, for those that might want a little more insight as to what is going on: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjLIibn7vSBaM1rNRBDir2zWHJsiv6PRr

Here are links to the game itself:

Downloadable Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1lTskOq8YqcanRoREVRRjFLQ0E/view

Webpage Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TzYmRMPUbJUSRs3YHpl6GoNQNANhhZNGutc8Ldj0l8E/pub

Fight on, my fellow Tenno.

(A special thanks to evergreenmind for the help with above banner

Reddit post)

Edited by Morec0

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

My initial reaction: Haha, how cute.

*clicks link*

tumblr_mfn2esBFub1rtdd48o5_250.gif

I'm going to enjoy giving this a read. Thanks for all your hard work!

Nice to see you back on the forums~

I think I deserve another break after this thing.

I noticed as I read that negative penalties were an addition to the roll, while bonuses subtracted. Is the goal in any roll to score as low as possible? An interesting feature if on purpose, and it's prevalent enough to seem that way. I doubt there's too much difficulty in adapting to this in a campaign, but I would like some clarification on this aspect of Armistice Era. 

On 5/5/2016 at 6:13 PM, Drakeardian said:

One question.

What about the Tenno? what part do they play in this tabletop RP?

They are legends. Not yet reawoken into the Warframe Era (that is: the time period in which the proper Warframe game itself takes place) they are rumors and whispers among the populace. Some doubt their existence, others see them as gods, and still others have molded their ways around them.

Of course, if you were running a campaign and wanted a Tenno as a surprise boss fight (as I once intended) that would be up to you. There's just not anything explicitly in place for it.

23 hours ago, Popcornguy13 said:

I noticed as I read that negative penalties were an addition to the roll, while bonuses subtracted. Is the goal in any roll to score as low as possible? An interesting feature if on purpose, and it's prevalent enough to seem that way. I doubt there's too much difficulty in adapting to this in a campaign, but I would like some clarification on this aspect of Armistice Era. 

Yes, the lower the roll the greater the benefits. If my memory is correct: rolling 5 lower than the target number gives you a bonus success or Critical Hit (if in combat) with every 5 lower giving you more, while 15 lower on a weapon Accuracy check applies a status effect from that weapon's Primary Damage Type.

The only exception here, of course, is damage itself: which you want to be as high as possible. This applies to Accuracy and Skill Checks.

Edited by Morec0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not to late to comment on this amazing work, is it? I love all the ideas in this and the sheer depth of worldbuilding. There are just a couple errors, mostly typos but the Amprex is incorrectly described as a railgun, which is a kind of projectile weapon. All things considered, count me as a huge fan of this game. On to viewing the playtest!

Edited by Akavakaku

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:05 PM, Yzjdriel said:

I pretty much instantly downloaded this.

Then I read through the entire thing and made some tweaks so I could just load up an Eclipse Phase campaign into this instead.  It's pretty kickass right now.

How did the campaign go? Any highlights?

19 hours ago, Akavakaku said:

How did the campaign go? Any highlights?

Pretty well all told.

Highlight for me was definitely when a Grineer marine led a suicide charge against a pair of Bursas, managed to take out one of them, then recovered his stack and resurrected as a Corpus Tech, only to lead a suicide charge against a group of Drekkar Manics, recover his stack again and come back as a standard colonist and retire to the quiet life as a farmer.

• 4 years later...