Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fallout 4: Far Harbor Trailer

izzatuw

>point lookout

Time for some good ol' fashion Erebus pessimism:
If this is supposed to be their big DLC, then I think they may as well leave the Fallout games to Obsidian. Cuz this looks weak. :^)

Edited by TheErebus.

7 hours ago, TheErebus. said:

>point lookout

Time for some good ol' fashion Erebus pessimism:
If this is supposed to be their big DLC, then I think they may as well leave the Fallout games to Obsidian. Cuz this looks weak. :^)

Eh it looks decent enough. Never liked most of New Vegas' DLC either.

1 minute ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

To break me into fallout should I go 3 or new vegas?

Well if you're planning to play FO4 there's a big difference in terms of RPG elements by than.

Just now, izzatuw said:

Doesn't really matter I guess. 3 and NV don't really connect. 4 does connect with 3 though to some extent 

Sound like I really need to do research then. Good thing I am massively insomniac nowadays. So some lets plays should help me decide.

Oh! How about mods? Which one seems to have a better mod set.

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

2 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Sound like I really need to do research then. Good thing I am massively insomniac nowadays. So some lets plays should help me decide.

Oh! How about mods? Which one seems to have a better mod set.

By now they both have an equally good amount of mods.

25 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

why not both? i've yet to play 3 since i don't own it so all i got is new vegas. i loved it. Sierra madre really changed me as a person. 

Sierra Madre taught me to use console commands to skip crappy content. First time I played it my character was pretty heavily specced towards guns/big guns, so most of the available weapons there were a big pile of crap. 

I just hacked in my anti-material rifle and lmg along with a bunch of ammo.

Lonesome Road was the most fun DLC in New Vegas. 

I never really did Honest Hearts, just killed everyone at the first chance I got and left. 

Old World blues was also pretty awesome. Except for that one tiny deathclaw. That thing killed me 4-5 times before I realised what was happening. 

Honestly I think New Vegas is the better game than 3 or 4. You get so much more freedom in New Vegas. From the very start, all the game tells you is that you are a courier, who your character really is is up to you. Plus you really get to pick and choose factions, none of this pick 1 and done.

If you remade New Vegas with 4's visuals and combat, youd have a 11/10 game. 

5 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

Sierra Madre taught me to use console commands to skip crappy content. First time I played it my character was pretty heavily specced towards guns/big guns, so most of the available weapons there were a big pile of crap. 

I just hacked in my anti-material rifle and lmg along with a bunch of ammo.

Lonesome Road was the most fun DLC in New Vegas. 

I never really did Honest Hearts, just killed everyone at the first chance I got and left. 

Old World blues was also pretty awesome. Except for that one tiny deathclaw. That thing killed me 4-5 times before I realised what was happening. 

Honestly I think New Vegas is the better game than 3 or 4. You get so much more freedom in New Vegas. From the very start, all the game tells you is that you are a courier, who your character really is is up to you. Plus you really get to pick and choose factions, none of this pick 1 and done.

If you remade New Vegas with 4's visuals and combat, youd have a 11/10 game. 

Idk, i loved the sierra madre. it was just so different compared to the rest of the game. a lot more eerie. i also love the one rifle you get from it. it's what i ended up using for the rest of the game after i completed dead money (i had to get all those gold bars) honest hearts was probably the weakest of the DLC for me. in order i'd probably say it was dead money, lonesome road, old world blues and honest hearts. 

52 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

You should go to GoG and get Fallout 1 and 2!

For good story and meaningful interaction, do New Vegas. For mindlessly hunting dangerous stuff across the wastelands, do Fallout 3. Seriously, the writing and quests in Fallout 3 are pretty much butts, but I spent hundreds of hours just exploring the wastes and killing the most dangerous stuff I could find. Then installing Mart's Mutant Mod and killing even more dangerouser stuff.

1 hour ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Both. But IMO New Vegas is the best. Best dlcs, multiple campaign outcomes, and more weapons than 3 or 4 could ever hope to have, I also love the western atmosphere of NV. Only thing I don't like is how you can't continue after finishing the story.

6 hours ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Both. But IMO New Vegas is the best. Best dlcs, multiple campaign outcomes, and more weapons than 3 or 4 could ever hope to have, I also love the western atmosphere of NV. Only thing I don't like is how you can't continue after finishing the story.

I preferred the exploration of 3 than in NV and 4 which is a tie for me. NV was better in every other aspect though.

If Obsidian made another FO with current FO4 game play asides from dialogue I wouldn't mind.

11 hours ago, izzatuw said:

I preferred the exploration of 3 than in NV and 4 which is a tie for me. NV was better in every other aspect though.

If Obsidian made another FO with current FO4 game play asides from dialogue I wouldn't mind.

There's rumors that they're interested in making another.

Note to anyone interested in 3: you will need to install Games for Windows Live to make it work correctly. You might also have other problems to sort out as well.

If this has you shaking in your Vault suit, then try New Vegas instead, as it will most likely just work.

4 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Do I need both games? Or just 3?

I'm fairly certain that tale of two wastelands is a plugin for new vegas and I want to say you'll need fallout 3 because it uses its assets but I'm not 100% on that

On 5/4/2016 at 3:25 PM, OverlordMcGeek said:

so fallout 3 was my favorite between NV and 3... people on here have praised NV for being the most free but honestly I felt like the wasteland in 3 has given the most freedom there's no invisible walls (aside from the borders of the world) and the subways in DC are a hell of a lot of fun to go through time and time again imo. I also enjoyed fallout 3's DLC more than NV, I loved both games but I didn't love all of NV dlc like I did with 3

however to break you into the franchise the gun shooting in NV is closer to fallout 4 in terms of modding your guns with different parts and using your sights to aim, but fallout 3 ties closer to the lore of fallout 4

Edited by II-Regashi-II

On 5/4/2016 at 5:25 PM, OverlordMcGeek said:

New Vegas is awesome. But some people complain it feels too populated, even though the lore story explicitly says it was the place least affect by radioactive fallout, so why people would be there, idk...

Your best bet is 3, just in case you are that person. But I love vegas

19 hours ago, Jeffrey94 said:

Note to anyone interested in 3: you will need to install Games for Windows Live to make it work correctly. You might also have other problems to sort out as well.

If this has you shaking in your Vault suit, then try New Vegas instead, as it will most likely just work.

But games for windows live killed my resident evil: operation racoon city. I don't think it is even maintained at all.