Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty with spy mission

ultra_KING

Question

So far I failed twice trying to do the sortie spy mission. The part I keep failing at is when you got to extract the data from the data vault that has a laser right in front of it. Normally it's not much of a problem for me because I just use a cipher on it but you can't use ciphers in sorties and the laser keeps killing me before I successfully extract the data. There has to be some way to turn that laser off but if there is a way I don't know where you go to turn it off so I was hoping someone does.

10 answers to this question

Most comprehensive Spy Guide I've ever seen here:
(I believe the one you're looking for is "4-6) Cables, Cables Everywhere!")

When you enter the room initially there's a tunnel on your left at floor level that goes down to a console that deactivates one of the lasers. If you look to your right when entering there's another tunnel a bit above you that leads to an opening right behind the Data that deactivates the second laser.

Edited by Maicael

1 hour ago, ultra_KING said:

So far I failed twice trying to do the sortie spy mission. The part I keep failing at is when you got to extract the data from the data vault that has a laser right in front of it. Normally it's not much of a problem for me because I just use a cipher on it but you can't use ciphers in sorties and the laser keeps killing me before I successfully extract the data. There has to be some way to turn that laser off but if there is a way I don't know where you go to turn it off so I was hoping someone does.

I know am not helping much but try to explore the data vaults, why? there are "hidden" paths you can use to get to the vaults.

Take your time and explore, screw it up somehow but learn from mistakes :D

4 more things :

1. Avoid bringing Syndicates weapons or weapons with Syndicates mods in them, if they procced that may set off the alarms which means you will panic and make mistakes or switch to a weapon without augment.
  2. Silent weapons are recommended here but you can use loud weapons as long as you its instant kill type, no survivors no alarms, don't shoot the drones in Grineer tiles, these guys at times can survive a nuke XD
  3. Take your time to get to the vaults, no need to rush it. 
  4. Do low level missions to get the feel of it then move up to higher missions to see how you can handle it, this actually need practice, lots of it.

If you failed don't give up, try again, everything is hard at first but once you do it enough times it becomes easy, trust me on this :) 

If you meen the laser on the door, so right on top of it you have something to break which will turn it off.
If you meen the shock you get when you fail to hack, there is no way to turn it off. The best you can do to avoid this shock is to take the mod Intruder. It slows the spin while hacking. This is what I take for these missions.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

10 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

If you meen the laser on the door, so right on top of it you have something to break which will turn it off.
If you meen the shock you get when you fail to hack, there is no way to turn it off. The best you can do to avoid this shock is to take the mod Intruder. It slows the spin while hacking. This is what I take for these missions.

No I'm talking about this.http://imgur.com/RwU4vhi

8 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Most comprehensive Spy Guide I've ever seen here:
(I believe the one you're looking for is "4-6) Cables, Cables Everywhere!")

When you enter the room initially there's a tunnel on your left at floor level that goes down to a console that deactivates one of the lasers. If you look to your right when entering there's another tunnel a bit above you that leads to an opening right behind the Data that deactivates the second laser.

Yeah that's the right mission and I just saw how to turn off the laser now. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ultra_KING said:

Yeah that's the right mission and I just saw how to turn off the laser now. Thanks!

You're welcome. If you enjoy Spy missions(and even if you don't, then for Sorties), then I'd recommend checking out the various paths listed in the rest of his guide. I thought I'd checked and knew every secret of the vaults, but I found 3 or 4 things that I hadn't known before as well.

Edited by Maicael

That guide will probably be enough to get you through spy missions if you read and follow it carefully, but if you happen to screw up and the data purge sequence begins, you can use the Liset's Air Support to temporarily lockdown the ships security, which includes Sortie Spy mission Purge Sequences.

Am I the only one who completed today's Grineer sorties with Saryn?

I find spy missions bit boring with limbo/loki/etc specially after Ivara farm (rng didn't like me so it was a pain and I got somewhat an overdose of spy missions). Now days I do my spy missions with other frames just for fun. Grineer ones are relatively easy.

Spoiler

I've set clips below as unlisted. only those who "know" the link can see them.

dd

Sortie 3 was Survival was Eximus Stronghold (I thought to use Sonicor to buy some time but there was no need). And again, cores :<

bNqJ1ED.png

Usually people rage quit if they see me on a spy mission so I solo them.

Edited by carnaga