Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to get account info reset to a specific date?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

This is mainly in regard to the Support Staff, Moderators, and DE staff's capabilities. Is it possible? Because I could really need it, for a fair reason.
And yes, I've asked Support already, but they're taking forever to respond.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

11 answers to this question

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

About 6-7 days.

I don't speak for DE on this but generally there is some sort of log that keeps track of player information for a perioid of time I'm not sure if/when DE resets their logs but if they do have your data from then they should be able to restore it

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

I don't speak for DE on this but generally there is some sort of log that keeps track of player information for a perioid of time I'm not sure if/when DE resets their logs but if they do have your data from then they should be able to restore it

Well, I just got a response from Support saying they can't, but my issue is in regard to my Event progress, so that might be separate from Account info and can't be reset.
I just... REALLY wish I could get this issue resolved, as it seems so simple. If Support can't... do you think maybe DE staff can? I could try messaging DERebecca.

First, if Support can't help you, DE can't either, they're, basically, one and the same, since it's DE staff that answers Support.

Second, you can't lose anything on this event by whatever you might have done. You can only win stuff, there's no wrong path as the only thing you could have done wrong would be to who you delivered the coordinates, but that only yields some rep, nothing else. Is it something you're willing to share?

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well, I just got a response from Support saying they can't, but my issue is in regard to my Event progress, so that might be separate from Account info and can't be reset.
I just... REALLY wish I could get this issue resolved, as it seems so simple. If Support can't... do you think maybe DE staff can? I could try messaging DERebecca.

If support can't then I doubt staff can either while I know server data can be rolled back I don't know if it can be done independantly for players so if they can't it might be because it's impossible to do without rolling back the entire game

if it's something to do with event progress then I'd imagine the Devs might be able to cheat and technically take away your progress but that probably woulden't be a very good idea to ask them and even then they'd probably say no as that could probably break the game

2 minutes ago, DERebecca said:

This is not something we can do, sorry!

Aww, dammit :/
Just seems like something that should be possible for staff to do. I mean, what if for example, someone hacks my account and spends all my 2k platinum to gift stuff to his own account. A system like that would mean all that undoing by the hacker could be reset.

I've heard of several other online games where this is possible. Any particular reason why Warframe isn't part of that, besides technical limitations?

58 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Just seems like something that should be possible for staff to do. I mean, what if for example, someone hacks my account and spends all my 2k platinum to gift stuff to his own account. A system like that would mean all that undoing by the hacker could be reset.

I've heard of several other online games where this is possible. Any particular reason why Warframe isn't part of that, besides technical limitations?

They do something else (i can tell you that because i experienced it first hand). I was on Vacation and when i got back my Account was banned so i contacted Support to know why because i did nothing wrong. Support told me they detected that someone had acces to my Account, stole all my Plat, transfered alot of my Stuff to his account and so they manually put everything back and then banned my account temporarly until i reset my password so the other Person won't have access anymore (ofc the other person got a lifetime ban).

After i reseted my password i could acces my account again and everything was back (except that a few weapons were back to Rank 0 with 0 Forma in them).

So if you get hacked, DE will ban your account temporarly and put everything back that was taken manualy.

Edited by Evers

8 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

It might have something to do with the game not actually being played on their server. Ever notice people talk about the "host" and how things don't function properly 100% of the time or the ping matchmaking option in the menu? If you have a crappy connection when hosting a mission we play together, I'm going to have a poor gameplay experience due to it because I'm connecting to you. When we play, after the run things "sync" (and occasionally we can lose progress due to connection issues). If you run 3 missions, one where you host a game, then I do, then a third person does, all DE gets is the results of each of those missions when we finish. They aren't monitoring or keeping records of everything that transpires as the games you are bringing up do, where we log into the company's servers.

The system we are playing on is fundamentally different from what you are believing it to be. The above may not be 100% correct as I haven't looked deeply into it, but it is effectively how things work. DE isn't running mega servers like the games you heard about do, apples and oranges.

Edited by Wopel

5 hours ago, Wopel said:

It might have something to do with the game not actually being played on their server. Ever notice people talk about the "host" and how things don't function properly 100% of the time or the ping matchmaking option in the menu? If you have a crappy connection when hosting a mission we play together, I'm going to have a poor gameplay experience due to it because I'm connecting to you. When we play, after the run things "sync" (and occasionally we can lose progress due to connection issues). If you run 3 missions, one where you host a game, then I do, then a third person does, all DE gets is the results of each of those missions when we finish. They aren't monitoring or keeping records of everything that transpires as the games you are bringing up do, where we log into the company's servers.

The system we are playing on is fundamentally different from what you are believing it to be. The above may not be 100% correct as I haven't looked deeply into it, but it is effectively how things work. DE isn't running mega servers like the games you heard about do, apples and oranges.

Ah, alright. Thanks for that clarity.