Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Build Suggestions?

MKDLMR

Question

Hey Everyone! 

I can't decide what's "the best" tonkor build. I'd like to have a crit build, but I'd also like elementals, firestorm, reload, projectile speed etc. but I can't have it all. What the best balance? 

How this multishot even work on this thing? 

Thanks! 

11 answers to this question

I can't remember all the mode names:

Serration

Heavy caliber

Multishot 

Crit chance 

Crit damage 

Elemental mod 1

Elemental mod 2

That only leaves one slot left... Unless I want to ditch Elemental mods for firestorm, reload speed and projectile speed. 

Here's my standard anti-grineer build. Feel free to use another elemental instead of primed bane. In the void I put vital sense where bane is and then switch bane out for cryo rounds.

Spoiler

F35C5A718E90F3582BD75FA2A7371F1FA8B01D96

Spoiler

572F63D11056BE0F7D8CC2BE0D659BE208185AFD

The second build is my anti-corpus build.

Sometimes in the void I also use argon scope instead of cryo rounds, but not everyone has that mod.

Edited by Lord_Azrael
forgot to actually post screenshot

My mod setup for it.

Critical Delay, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Malignant Force, Point Strike, Serration, High Voltage, and Split Chamber.

This setup is effective against anything. The Corrosive is great. 104.3% Crit Chance, and 7.0x Critical Multiplayer works great. And No this is not a noob cannon, you need some mods to make it good.

This is just what I find to be the most suitable:

- Serration
- Split Chamber
- Heavy Caliber (at least Rank 8)
- Point Strike
- Vital Sense
- Argon Scope (very powerful if you have it); if you don't, then Firestorm isn't bad.
- 2x - 90% elemental (Radiation vs Grineer and Corpus; Viral vs Grineer with 4x Corrosive Projection; Corrosive vs Infested)

It's up to you to find what suits you best. I don't think Tonkor needs reload speed or projectile speed, it's already good. The multi shot is the same as always, it adds additional projectiles: so you'll shoot two grenades per shot 90% of the time with Split Chamber (quite nice). Heavy Caliber's negative accuracy is very noticeable so keep that in mind. And like I mentioned earlier, if you have Argon Scope, it is BEAST. As long as you aim and hit enemies, you'll be getting red critical hits often.

Edited by bnShadow13

Given its high crit chance, I would really recommend using crit mods. You can add some pure elemental mods still and have something for faster reloads. But I think, if you want to the absurd damage output, the Tonkor is known for, crits are vital. Besides that, I think all of the builds presented here are quite valid. Just pick the one, you like the best and play around with it a bit and you'll find your favourite build.

Multishot... does what's expected since it's not a Continuous Weapon.

after Base Mods, Elementals, and Crits, you have two Slots you could put Utility Mods in if you wanted. it's not like you need the extra Damage you could put on. it's a Tonkor.
so then do w/e you want, add any combination of Reload, AoE, Flight Speed, more Damage that you want in those two Slots.

x8yk5kO.png

Edited by taiiat