Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galantine for Sortie 3 (Melee only) ?

K4nzler

Question

Like the Title Said i need a good Melee Weapons that Wreck stuff. I never really was interested in Melee weapons but it came to my attention that there are Melee Only sortie missions.
And God damn are they Highleveld. The Only suitable Weapon seems to be a Modded Galantine.  But how ? Which mods ?
Tenno pls Help.

9 answers to this question

i can tell u my gelatine  raw dmg build... pressure point.spoiled strike.fury..buzzkill.3x element 90%.life strike u end up with 3900dmg raw dmg per swing...u can swap life strike for primed reach... but its not optional cz gelatine has pretty good range

I'm no melee lover, but don't focus just on the Galatine! I have seen Nikana, Broken-War, Cleavers and lots of other weapons used. Also, consider the Redeemer, it hits harder than any shotgun, has innate punchthrough and can deal with flying enemies easily, couple it with Loki for easy mode.

Secondly, what Zilchy said. Melee only can mean using Ivara's ult, Atlas' first skill, etc, etc. A build focused on something like Bladestorm or Exalted Blade, and it doesn't matter about the melee weapon restriction.

IMO, one of the best mods you can have for any high level melee-only mission is Body Count. The extra combo duration is invaluable, considering it can help you keep constant 3-4x damage boost as long as you hit someone every 15 seconds (which is fairly easy to do).

Other than that, for the Galatine I'd go with as much raw damage as you can. Pressure Point, Fury, Life Strike, Body Count, 3 90% elemental mods in the combination of your choice. Lastly I'd go with either Reach or Primed Reach, though I tend to value the extra range more than some other people do. If you don't want / care for it, then slap on another elemental mod.

That being said, the other important part is bringing a frame that isn't going to get insta-downed if you get hit by a level 100 bombard / napalm (which there are in the mission if I recall).

Another Suggestion , Use Broken war With Mods that Increase Dmg or INcrease Crit Dmg + Crit Chance

Then use Inaros 

Inaros Power 1 Blind enemies that look at u , letting u do Finsher Moves on them

= Lots of Dmg , The 1 i used 1 shotted them except the bombard which took me 2 hits

Edited by ForbiddenHell

Personally, i keep it mixed.

Pressure point for the damage

Body count+blood rush for additional multipliers

Fury+Berserker for the speed

2x elemental status mods fir eather corrosive or viral, depending on if you expect to encounter armored units or not

And Life Strike, range or another crit mod to fill the last spot.

Heavy weapons are pretty strong by default and the galatine has, next to the scindo prime, a pretty decent status chance and slash as primary damage source so you definitly wanna play for that status as it's influenced by multipliers,what this weapon type has more then enough.

Eather viral or corrosive should be a mandatory for sorties as they include heavy scaled enemys so cutting down this scaling should be your primary target, next to dealing direct and slash finisher damage, you might just as well use a single element, paired with another crit mod or utility.

A full crit build is a option as well but note that the scindo prime and war perform WAY better on this kinda build!

And on a sidenote 

Use eather

*Cleaving whirlwind for unrivaled dmg (more or less. Daggers with covert lethality actually hold this crown but stealth finishers are overall kinda slow-bad for unscaled enemys. Only rly viable when you have means to boost your dps untill you reach a point when it's worth it- banshee with sonar and savage silence or valkyr with warcry and paralysis are ideal for this)

*or Tempo Royale for unrivaled weapon CC