Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viral Proc - what does it do?

MiMiren

Question

I made myself a lacera and I wanted to do 99% stat proc with viral. Thought it would be insta gg easy. I went to similacrum and inputted lvl 100 heavy gunner. I jumped down and started hitting her. To my surprise she never got her hp halved and I could clearly see the proc sign.

So what does viral proc actually do?

11 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, MadGrekon said:

I made myself a lacera and I wanted to do 99% stat proc with viral. Thought it would be insta gg easy. I went to similacrum and inputted lvl 100 heavy gunner. I jumped down and started hitting her. To my surprise she never got her hp halved and I could clearly see the proc sign.

So what does viral proc actually do?

reduces their maximum health by 50%, not actually noticable by looking at the health bar

21 minutes ago, MadGrekon said:

Can it be stacked? Can I reduce her hp by 50% of the 50%? Effectively reducing her hp to 25%?

(i think 'no' is an insufficient answer)

it does not. it used to for quite a while, but it doesn't anymore because that literally broke the game. Weapons with decent Status loaded with Viral could just be randomly sprayed at Enemies, and reduce their EHP to <5% of it's original within a second or two, effectively letting you attack it with a midtier Weapon a couple times to Kill any Enemy.

so it specifically does not stack because it was a huge game breaking issue that people abused because it let them casually delete Enemies.

dividing Health by 2 is still pretty significant however, as it's a Percentage so scales. and there is no loss when it wears off, so on a super high Level Enemy, you still get the complete benefit as long as it stays active either when the Health gets low if using a low Damage Weapon, or just applying the Status at all for high Damage Weapons (as you will normally be able to oneshot an Enemy once you've halved their Health).

note that this Halves their Health only, not Shields or Armor. so Armor Scaling will still rather spit in the face of Viral alone at high enough Levels. so you'll want to bring other Status Effects and Damage Types with you to best take advantage of Viral Status.

in short, Viral Status refreshes Duration, but does not stack. i.e. reapplying keeps it from ending.

5 minutes ago, VinDanger said:

reduces their maximum health by 50%, not actually noticable by looking at the health bar

Can it be stacked? Can I reduce her hp by 50% of the 50%? Effectively reducing her hp to 25%?

10 minutes ago, MadGrekon said:

To my understanding, no. Multiple Viral procs just refresh the timer, nothing more.

41 minutes ago, MadGrekon said:

Viral cannot be stacked, but Corrosive procs (electric+toxic) can be stacked and will reduce the tanking ability of that enemy by much more than 50%.