The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things I miss when I am not playing Oberon

Kyenhael

Oberon has been one of my favorite frames in concept since I started playing Warframe a couple of years ago. Since the awesome deluxe skin was released, I've been playing him almost exclusively. Unfortunately, as we all know, he is not at the top of the power ladder currently and needs some tweaks. But the other day when some random person in a mission told me it was a know, provable fact that Oberon is the worst frame in the game, I had to laugh. Now almost every time I play Oberon, I remember that short conversation. When I don't play him, I remember why he is actually a decent frame. Here is my list of things I miss when I am not playing Oberon:

• The ability to keep doing damage and CC threats while reloading my weapon. Smite is a one handed power, and very handy when you have to stop shooting to reload your weapon.
  • Hollowed Ground: The knockdown immunity is great against sneaky ancients and bombards, the status cure is also very handy against powerful slash and poison procs that go through your shield
  • Renewal: not the best heal for the group as we all know, but the ability to keep myself topped off at all times is very useful. The bleedout increase is also handy when team mates insist on going down across the map on survival.
  • Reckoning: a "quick oh crap I'm surrounded" button, but most importantly the ancient healer aura disable. Sometimes that ancient is just hiding behind the wall and you wonder why you are not doing any damage. One Reckoning slam and you are ready to kill again while you look for it.

PS: I am NOT saying Oberon is fine as is. He could certainly use some love. But he does offer plenty of cool, useful tools. You can think of this as maybe an Oberon appreciation thread.

Oberon and ne zha are my main so i know wut you mean

for me Oberon mostly lack of damages and need an armor buff as well as a fix for hallowed ground (damn the 20% armor buff dont work and it should deal 50%fire 50% radiation)

11 hours ago, Captain-Amazing said:

The thing I hated when playing Oberon instead of something else:

Being actually useful. 

Noticed I never said anything about being useful (which would imply in a team scenario), aside from maybe the bleed-out timer. You can say the same about playing Valkyr. The only group thing she does is to rezz fallen team mates. If all you do is to play 2 hour survivals or something than, sure, go back to your meta frame. I am talking about playing Oberon and actually missing his kit when I don't because they are actually useful skills even if a little weak.

And I know you didn't mention Valkyr. I'm just giving an example of a frame that most people would agree is strong, but doesn't bring much to a team scenario.

Edited by Avalean

Other reasons you should miss playing Obe Ron Kenobi:

• Universal healthcare inbetween waves has a minor chance of being thanked
  • Matching the profile icon with team play
  • The Jedi Mind trick idle animation in your liset
  • Saying "Do you even lift" in group chat as you Reckoning most enemies in sight
  • Outdamaging the entire team, prompting you to vote Oberon for President #FeelTheBurn #DeerLord

1 minute ago, Gladeus-Ex-Machina said:

Other reasons you should miss playing Obe Ron Tennobi:

• Universal healthcare inbetween waves has a minor chance of being thanked
  • Matching the profile icon with team play
  • The Jedi Mind trick idle animation in your liset
  • Saying "Do you even lift" in group chat as you Reckoning most enemies in sight
  • Outdamaging the entire team, prompting you to vote Oberon for President #FeelTheBurn #DeerLord

FTFY.

13 hours ago, Avalean said:

Oberon has been one of my favorite frames in concept since I started playing Warframe a couple of years ago. Since the awesome deluxe skin was released, I've been playing him almost exclusively. Unfortunately, as we all know, he is not at the top of the power ladder currently and needs some tweaks. But the other day when some random person in a mission told me it was a know, provable fact that Oberon is the worst frame in the game, I had to laugh. Now almost every time I play Oberon, I remember that short conversation. When I don't play him, I remember why he is actually a decent frame. Here is my list of things I miss when I am not playing Oberon:

• The ability to keep doing damage and CC threats while reloading my weapon. Smite is a one handed power, and very handy when you have to stop shooting to reload your weapon.
  • Hollowed Ground: The knockdown immunity is great against sneaky ancients and bombards, the status cure is also very handy against powerful slash and poison procs that go through your shield
  • Renewal: not the best heal for the group as we all know, but the ability to keep myself topped off at all times is very useful. The bleedout increase is also handy when team mates insist on going down across the map on survival.
  • Reckoning: a "quick oh crap I'm surrounded" button, but most importantly the ancient healer aura disable. Sometimes that ancient is just hiding behind the wall and you wonder why you are not doing any damage. One Reckoning slam and you are ready to kill again while you look for it.

PS: I am NOT saying Oberon is fine as is. He could certainly use some love. But he does offer plenty of cool, useful tools. You can think of this as maybe an Oberon appreciation thread.

i agree with this, i enjoy playing my oberon ,

i just wish he'd have more to offer, i survive but keeping my team alive tends to be a challenge 

I feel like Oberon is really the jack of all trades, master of none frame. He has Renewal, and then there's Bless. He has Reckoning, and then there's Radial Javelin. He has Hallowed Ground, and then there's any other buffer. He has Smite, and it's as useless as Soul Punch. I want to like him, he has cool helmets, but I just can't...