Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Archwings!

N_Lotus_

Question

5 answers to this question

Best place to level stuff up would be Caelus on Uranus.

Modding tips? You're kidding, right? Mod your stuff with whatever, there are 8 mod slots and there only exist like 10 mods for each archwing gear.

Odonata Prime is amazing. I find it the best AW for non-interception missions.

Just gonna repost a comment I had in a similar thread:

First off, if you want it to be bearable, invest in an affinity booster.

Next up, I tend to follow this order: Erpo, Earth until level 8-12. (Mobile Defense)

Then Syrtis, Mars until 17-18. (Mobile Defense)

Then Caelus, Uranus to 30. (Interception)

All of AW is better with mods, find people selling them cheap or look up where they drop, though through repeat runs of Erpo, Caelus, and Syrtis, you should generally encounter all the different units to have gotten most of the more common, necessary mods. 

Interception

corrosive+heat crits if its got high base crits(grattler/imperator vandal)

Imperator vandal/fluctus/velocitus

Kinda kinda not worth getting. Itzal has kinda better survivability with its invisibility and elytron is good for killing everything

I'd recommend getting Odonata Prime simply because it is an upgraded Odonata and does have it's uses.  Archwings don't have limited slots so there isn't really a reason not to build it if you get hold of the parts.

Weapon-wise I'm a big fan of Imperator (Vandal) built for Viral/Radiation.  Halving health is always useful and causing mass in-fighting is great during Caelus missions.

I agree with Gelkor, do Earth and Mars mobile defense first to get some levels up first so you won't be totally useless or helpless.  Eventually you can head to Caelus, Uranus to finish level up your archwing and weapons.  Plus, you can get good number of essential mods from those mobile defense missions to get you started on modding your archwing stuff.  

Modding archwing stuff is not as complicated as modding frames and regular weapons because it doesn't have corrupted, nightmare mods, and other specialized mods.  To reach your archwing's full potential, you'll definitely need to forma it a few times, but I don't bother because I don't care for archwing missions.  You should install reactor to your archwing and catalysts to your favorite archwing weapons because those extra 30 points well improve your QoL tremendously.

Imperator is actually a decent archwing primary and you don't even need to farm its parts doing archwing missions, which is a plus in my book, and the Vandal version is definitely a nice upgrade so get the Vandal version when Fomorian alert shows up again.  

Odonata Prime is an upgrade to Odonata so if you like the regular version, you can try to get it later, but I wouldn't work too hard at getting its parts.  Itzal is clan tech so I would get that first before Odonata Prime.