The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Elitists

Hellslinger

MR rank equals the number of points you get for lvling warframes, weapons, and archwings. So when I see these types of guys, I can only laugh at them thinking they're being shots because of MR rank. MR rank doesn't equal skill, which I notice alot of higher ranks don't have. MR10 btw and to be completely honest, my MR rank will go as far as maxing out warframes, I don't really care about much about maxing out the weapons. I have most of the staples, I have all my go-to weapons already.  The only times i would probably decide to go max out weapons is when I'm bored. That's literally the only time. 

Edited by (XB1)Rey Za BurreI

19 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

Meh, I am Mastery 16 and look down on everyone.

Random teammates are almost always terrible, and most people here have no idea how things work. 

I'm a proud Elitist, but know that it is because of experience and not because of your mastery rank. 

*facepalm* Welp, *drinks Clorox*

12 hours ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Going to discount the obvious d-baggery of this guy to make a small point.  Sometimes, more complex strategies/party compositions can be more beneficial, but require a larger amount of teamwork, and have a higher amount of risk.  For example, yesterday's sortie, a MR21 brought Banshee to the last mission.  I brought Valkyr (and felt kinda bad about it, but it was the tool that would get the job done and there was 30 minutes til reset).  I did the most damage, got a few people up, killed the assassination target, was first in last out, etc, but the Banshee, who went down three times, definitely made my life easier, and allowed me to one shot the boss (which I may have been able to do anyway, slide attack OP).  Something I would never do in pugs, but that definitely earned my respect.  It doesn't necessarily prove anything to be the last guy standing.

The point is not knowledge,  it's respect. Did I forget to mention that all of that happened during an alert for a catalyst? And there is no way in hell he made that mission easier at all sense I soloed the whole thing while he was still typing, I worked myself to save his butt because the alert has already expired while we were in... (Was MR 14, he was MR 15. Go figure)

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

I'm a Mr17, and so far the only elitism I concede to myself is agree when people say that I'm a good player and brag a little about it. I don't really understand all this 'i got a high number beside my name so I'm awesome' stuff. I go more by skill than grind effort. Granted, I know a lot more since I was Mr8, cause you need time to get high ranks, and some tests are actually challenging. Still, this is a pve game, there is no elitism needed. Just play for fun and you'll do fine.

3 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

I'm a Mr17, and so far the only elitism I concede to myself is agree when people say that I'm a good player and brag a little about it. I don't really understand all this 'i got a high number beside my name so I'm awesome' stuff. I go more by skill than grind effort. Granted, I know a lot more since I was Mr8, cause you need time to get high ranks, and some tests are actually challenging. Still, this is a pve game, there is no elitism needed. Just play for fun and you'll do fine.

PvE needs even more elitism because sometimes you have to rely on teammates.. and having to rely on others is a source of despair, anger and rage

11 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

PvE needs even more elitism because sometimes you have to rely on teammates.. and having to rely on others is a source of despair, anger and rage

Well, not really. I don't have e a problem with Mr4 upwards relying on me or vice versa. And I surely don't mind if people make my own work easier.

Edited by ShaneKahnnigan17

Players who tend to act like a******s to other players are tend to do so just because they like to do so. MR is irrelevant.

P.S.  most of MR21 that  I've  met so far  plays like they have no idea what are they doing or like they have clamps instead of hands. Thankfully not all of them. That's RU segment for you :)

Edited by WyckXaos

2 hours ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Well, not really. I don't have e a problem with Mr4 upwards relying on me or vice versa. And I surely don't mind if people make my own work easier.

I didnt see any player in public that made my work easier, i always had to wait alone 30 secs or longer at extraction.. 

In recruiting it is sometimes even worse, especially in raids, where you do not choose to rely on others but you actually are forced into doing so

Just now, -dicht.Amducias- said:

I didnt see any player in public that made my work easier, i always had to wait alone 30 secs or longer at extraction.. 

In recruiting it is sometimes even worse, especially in raids, where you do not choose to rely on others but you actually are forced into doing so

That's why solo play exist. I simply just get in and have fun. The rest is added bonus.

2 hours ago, WyckXaos said:

Players who tend to act like a******s to other players are tend to do so just because they like to do so. MR is irrelevant.

P.S.  most of MR21 that  I've  met so far  plays like they have no idea what are they doing or like they have clamps instead of hands. Thankfully not all of them. That's RU segment for you :)

It's just not cool and a dumb action... I never looked down on anybody in any game I played nor I insulted anybody for being newer than me. Every one of us has been one of the founders of many other games and still didn't make such act. We are supposed to have fun in games and help new players to enjoy it as much as- I over did it didn't I? XD

27 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

It's just not cool and a dumb action... I never looked down on anybody in any game I played nor I insulted anybody for being newer than me. Every one of us has been one of the founders of many other games and still didn't make such act. We are supposed to have fun in games and help new players to enjoy it as much as- I over did it didn't I? XD

Sometimes a good will to help other players are mistaken for elitism. You tell the failing or poorly performing player how to improve or which actions to avoid - and bam get branded as elitist :)

Sometimes you are so annoyed by poorly performing players that you tell them all the things you think about them - and get branded as elitist as well (even having lower  MR).

To avoid this some players filter a players to play with by setting entry mark for his pug group, just to avoid disappointment.  Though not like it works 100% of time.. since as most of player know already - MR is irrelevant player's performance. Aaaaand get branded as elitists as well :)

And there is a true elite elitists who just doing their true elitist stuff just to maintain their elitists status :)

Edited by WyckXaos
grammar

On May 15, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Nine-Tails said:

So I have been gone for a while and decided to get back into Warframe cause I was bored and one of the things I have noticed is that there seems to be some kind of trend where if you have an MR below 20, you're regarded as clueless and have no idea what you're talking about. Typical elitist attitude, yes? I am not sure due to my absence, but have there been more Warframe players with an elitist attitude growing as of late? Let me know your thoughts.

Elitism is a thing. Always has been. But the lack of events for the competitive clans and no dark sector conflicts caused a bunch of it to die out. It's still around tho. 

Edited by Gravalite

I simply try my best with my MR 16, but sometimes people are just bad but i honestly just leave if it's too bad, can do everything fine but Spy missions are simply not my thing i like to reckless charge foward lol...

Mastery rank means the square root of bollocks to me, if you're MR 1 or 20 it's irrelevant if you can do the content then you can do the content, honestly the whole MR system bar locking weapons behind it is pointless, it just creates more toxicity than we need. I'm down to remove the damned thing.

1 hour ago, Vazkra said:

Mastery rank means the square root of bollocks to me, if you're MR 1 or 20 it's irrelevant if you can do the content then you can do the content, honestly the whole MR system bar locking weapons behind it is pointless, it just creates more toxicity than we need. I'm down to remove the damned thing.

That sounds like common sense, we don't take kindly to common sense around here. We prefer to run around with a bo prime stuck where the sun don't shine. How else are we supposed to show off the hours we wasted on draco! I for one support our elitest brethren, for they hold their heads high so we can spot them easier to laugh at their expense.

I had one telling me that trinity was a mandatory frame needed for a t4  defense. That my ash would be useless after the first ten waves. He then proceeded to call me useless the entire time. Up until we extracted, he had gone down a good ten or fifteen times. Blaming it on a lack of trinity. Even though the rest of us had no problem.

Ive just returned to the game after a very long break (year and a half) and ive also encountered this.
Nevertheless, Ive also encountered so many fantastic people that ive come to know the warframe community for, so the good still outweighs the bad, by a long shot, thankfully.

1 hour ago, Chef_Lu_Bu said:

I don't know who these MR20 people are, but I can tell you without a doubt, I'm superior to them in every way, shape and imaginable form.

Nope, I have it on good authority that I am indeed, superior to you. Mr21 represent!