The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs "fat" warframes

Deshiel

6 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Frames that look like they ate steroids daily can also be a replacement for "fat" frames, too. WoW's "Arnold" makeover is a perfect example of taking an athletic body and making a caster look like they ate Cheetos and beer for 10 years and caught Ebola along the way. :cry:

That's the thing, though, people in this thread have specifically stated that they don't want Bulky Warframes, they want Large Warframes. Bulky is about every Warframe we've gotten so far (aside from Females), overweight is not.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

The problem is the "Arnold" concept. Designers make the "Arnolds" and promoting a horrible body to the public as an "ideal" body type. Steroid abuse (Arnold had to have heart surgery for the steroid abuse, BTW) is actually increased fat/water weight with some muscle mass improvement, all designed to cheese appearances. Not a strong healthy body image at all.

Show business.

So extremes are just that extremes, and some are completely unreal and unhealthy, especially for young minds. There's enough body image and eating disorders out there that doesn't help anyone.

"Fat" frames people are talking about are Average Joe sizes (not exaggerations). The guys who play games and aren't working out, as they play games, instead.

I  actually think it would be cool but it helps with cosmetics and things like that to keep the frames a certain way. Something like Vauban to me would have looked really cool if he was a more heavy looking frame. Something akin to the killzone heavy soldier if anyone even remembers though. People keep throwing around words like fat or obese but I'm thinking more armored and bulky. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Not really. Logically the Orokins idea of perfection would be a perfect societies idea of perfection and in all cases that does not include blubber. No land whale frame. Besides technocyte isn't fat but muscle so we cannot have a fat frame. Only a bulky frame. That type of thinking is dangerous it's saying "We don't understand something so the answer can be anything we want it to be until we find out the real answer" Beaides if we look at the Orokins idea of perfection form the previous prime frames none are fat.

First of all, it's just incorrect that being fat has never been an ideal. This article: https://www.buzzfeed.com/eugeneyang/womens-ideal-body-types-throughout-history shows many historical standards of beauty from different times and places, many of which were fat as you can see.

Second, technocyte isn't real and can be anything. If it can't resemble fat at all, every warframe would have to look like either Inaros or Arnold Schwarzenegger. 

And what previous warframes are like doesn't force anything. We didn't have a neckless warframe before Atlas. We didn't have a shape-changing warframe before Equinox. We didn't have an unguligrade warframe before deluxe Trinity. New warframes can have new designs.  

7 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

First of all, it's just incorrect that being fat has never been an ideal. This article: https://www.buzzfeed.com/eugeneyang/womens-ideal-body-types-throughout-history shows many historical standards of beauty from different times and places, many of which were fat as you can see.

Second, technocyte isn't real and can be anything. If it can't resemble fat at all, every warframe would have to look like either Inaros or Arnold Schwarzenegger. 

And what previous warframes are like doesn't force anything. We didn't have a neckless warframe before Atlas. We didn't have a shape-changing warframe before Equinox. We didn't have an unguligrade warframe before deluxe Trinity. New warframes can have new designs.  

1.) They weren't futuristic scientific societies that knew what fat was. (It doesn't take an article to tell you that fat isn't appealing ....also thats from buzzfeed, we all know what that means)

2.) Your statement is strange. You really didn't get what I was saying at all. What I was saying is that technocyte isnt fat. Yes a warframes chassis can be shaped like a fat person but the technoctye inside will be muscle.

3.) When you predict something about a society from the past the first logical thing to do is look at their culture, what they built and how they made it. No frames are fat, none!!!! Do what we can gather from our resources(every frame that we have so far) is that frames aren't meant to be fat. The Orokin were all about symmetry and perfection and fat is only possibly one of those.

10 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

Also slow down a moment why did you give me a buzzfeed article about women's style and clothing in the past from old society's that aren't scientific and futuristic and almost everyone of them did not like fat. This just..... what?

Just now, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

1.) They weren't futuristic scientific societies that knew what fat was.

Societies can know what "fat" is, just look at the Arnold problem and how it's being promoted as "strong" when it's but fat and water on a skeleton.

When I had that femur fracture and they were trying to save my life due to the FES, they pumped me up with steroids as a preventive. Remember Jerry Lewis and how he looks after taking steroids? It's like trying to move around with 100lbs of water inside. It saved my life, but it wasn't a pleasant experience with Herculean levels of it. The weight gained from it also never leaves as it grows muscle mass. Now it's a big body, looking for something else to fill it ... water and fat ... on a frame never designed for it (I'm not some She-Hulk).

But, because the Arnold look is promoted as STRONG and MASCULINE, kids now think it's ideal. It's water/fat and muscle mass never as God intended to be. Chemicals made it, not nature. It's a Frankenstein body that on paper looks ideal, but in reality leaves life-long health problems (even as a person who doesn't eat much, gorges on meat and the like, here I am a stroke survivor and all they can say is, "You're too young" ... yes, because all those steroids aged me by 10+ years, especially the cardiovascular system!).

Kids, don't take them, ever. Frankenstein junk.

11 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Societies can know what "fat" is, just look at the Arnold problem and how it's being promoted as "strong" when it's but fat and water on a skeleton.

When I had that femur fracture and they were trying to save my life due to the FES, they pumped me up with steroids as a preventive. Remember Jerry Lewis and how he looks after taking steroids? It's like trying to move around with 100lbs of water inside. It saved my life, but it wasn't a pleasant experience with Herculean levels of it. The weight gained from it also never leaves as it grows muscle mass. Now it's a big body, looking for something else to fill it ... water and fat ... on a frame never designed for it (I'm not some She-Hulk).

But, because the Arnold look is promoted as STRONG and MASCULINE, kids now think it's ideal. It's water/fat and muscle mass never as God intended to be. Chemicals made it, not nature. It's a Frankenstein body that on paper looks ideal, but in reality leaves life-long health problems (even as a person who doesn't eat much, gorges on meat and the like, here I am a stroke survivor and all they can say is, "You're too young" ... yes, because all those steroids aged me by 10+ years, especially the cardiovascular system!).

Kids, don't take them, ever. Frankenstein junk.

I knew it, looks unhealthy. You okay thought, doing better?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

I knew it, looks unhealthy. You okay thought, doing better?

Granny is too fussy to sit around and "accept it", but wanted to add to the discussion from first hand experience.

Public perception with media exposure makes things like the Arnold look ideal. But it's show business, only.

Ideal body health wise (and body image wise) is the Average Joe and Jane sizes. It's not glamorous like Arnold and Twiggy, but you will live long and much happier, both mentally and physically.

Just now, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Granny is too fussy to sit around and "accept it", but wanted to add to the discussion from first hand experience.

Public perception with media exposure makes things like the Arnold look ideal. But it's show business, only.

Ideal body health wise (and body image wise) is the Average Joe and Jane sizes. It's not glamorous like Arnold and Twiggy, but you will live long and much happier, both mentally and physically.

Glad to know, I can't even imagine what it's like feeling when your body is like that.

3 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Besides technocyte isn't fat but muscle

You realçy cant say anything about the structural composition of tennocyte.

Besides, the OP wrote "fat", not fat. They obviously meant a large, bulky frame. For all you know, a big belly can be extra armor.

3 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

. Logically the Orokins idea of perfection would be a perfect societies idea of perfection

Great. Now, define perfection. Because I can argue that true perfection is an enormous fat man, that it instead is a rather skinny and frail women, or even that it is stephen Hawkins. And none of those definitions would be less correct than the other.

Why? Because perfection doesnt exist. Its a artificial concept, as real and static as the concept of "genre", and infinitely more dangerous. Dangerous, because it eternally divides people in worthy and unworthy, in more deserving, better, and less deserving, worse. And traps all of them in the shackles of being expected to be something unreal, unnatural. It's the concept of perfection that leads to discrimination, to hat, to abuse. It was that concept that led to slavery. It is that concept that leads to women still requiring a friend to corrobate their word on some country's courts, because they are literally seen as half a man. It was because of that concept that millions were slaughtered during the last century because they had dark hair and a big nose. And its because of that concept that we are even discussing this.

And, yet, you seem to embrace it cheerfully, while dismissing the idea that maybe-- maybe -- our guesses aren't laws as dangerous. Why is believing tha something can be anything dangerous? Why is admitting our ignorance and trying to make the best of it dangerous, yet blindly taking the first thing we internalized as the "natural law and state of things" perfectly fine? It is not. It is being blind. It is becoming less adaptable.

I'm sorry. But you are wrong.

I am all for fat warframes, as long as they have a reason to their aesthetic and are not just 'affirmative action' characters.  DE should not feel pressured by this thread to make a frame around some random appearance, but eventually, with the number of frames they churn it out it will happen.  I just hope the community doesn't attack it if it is justified.

1 minute ago, Kothophed said:

I am all for fat warframes, as long as they have a reason to their aesthetic and are not just 'affirmative action' characters.  DE should not feel pressured by this thread to make a frame around some random appearance, but eventually, with the number of frames they churn it out it will happen.  I just hope the community doesn't attack it if it is justified.

Attacks will come regardless. Art is Art and no two players will agree what is "nice looking".

As long as the devs understand RPGs are about long-term character progression and valued by players -- and they need eye candy for their favorite toons -- things will fall into place.

It's when they change toons all around to fit ONE ideal, is when players get so bent out of shape. :/

9 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

You realçy cant say anything about the structural composition of tennocyte.

Besides, the OP wrote "fat", not fat. They obviously meant a large, bulky frame. For all you know, a big belly can be extra armor.

Great. Now, define perfection. Because I can argue that true perfection is an enormous fat man, that it instead is a rather skinny and frail women, or even that it is stephen Hawkins. And none of those definitions would be less correct than the other.

Why? Because perfection doesnt exist. Its a artificial concept, as real and static as the concept of "genre", and infinitely more dangerous. Dangerous, because it eternally divides people in worthy and unworthy, in more deserving, better, and less deserving, worse. And traps all of them in the shackles of being expected to be something unreal, unnatural. It's the concept of perfection that leads to discrimination, to hat, to abuse. It was that concept that led to slavery. It is that concept that leads to women still requiring a friend to corrobate their word on some country's courts, because they are literally seen as half a man. It was because of that concept that millions were slaughtered during the last century because they had dark hair and a big nose. And its because of that concept that we are even discussing this.

And, yet, you seem to embrace it cheerfully, while dismissing the idea that maybe-- maybe -- our guesses aren't laws as dangerous. Why is believing tha something can be anything dangerous? Why is admitting our ignorance and trying to make the best of it dangerous, yet blindly taking the first thing we internalized as the "natural law and state of things" perfectly fine? It is not. It is being blind. It is becoming less adaptable.

I'm sorry. But you are wrong.

Look I understand the concept of perfection. You don't need to create a wall of text to explain what you did. You could of just said perfection is an idea made by people than all that emotional propaganda you shoved in there. Also you seem very emotionally charged and angry in that post tone it down a few notches. Other than that what are you talking about in your second paragraph? Also we should base this off of what the Orokins idea of perfection is.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Look I understand the concept of perfection. You don't need to create a wall of text to explain what you did. You could of just said perfection is an idea made by people than all that emotional propaganda you shoved in there. Also you seem very emotionally charged and angry in that post tone it down a few notches. Other than that what are you talking about in your second paragraph? Also we should base this off of what the Orokins idea of perfection is.

Animals, (chickens, birds, dragons,etc )pond scum pirates ( hydroid) paper thin males ( Loki) magicians (duh), Cowboys ( another duh) it is literally all over the place if that's the case. Give us a big fatty and make him baddy haha

14 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Other than that what are you talking about in your second paragraph? Also we should base this off of what the Orokins idea of perfection is.

mh...I Reread your comment. I withrsw the seond paragraph's.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

You could of just said perfection is an idea made by people than all that emotional propaganda you shoved in there.

Its called pathos and it isnt obligatorily invalid quite on the contrary. Whats the provlem of emotions? It is quite obvious that the idea that rationality and emotionality are mutually exclusive is a myth. Indeed, one usualy (USUALY) supports the other. Emotion is little more than the most primal, basic logic. Isnt it logic, to be happy when good things happen? Anyway, just wanted to express that. Oh, btw:

you said "the Orokins idea of perfection would be a perfect societies idea of perfection and in all cases that does not include blubber."

This is incredibly circular, redundant, and tautological. It doesn't hold up, admits the orokin as perfect (wish they aren't), admits that a perfect societies view of perfection doesnt include fat (wish you CANT know), and repeats itself in order to seem supported, when it is not.

regardless, the other person that presented the Arnold problem answered you better than I did.

6 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

mh...I Reread your comment. I withrsw the seond paragraph's.

Its called pathos and it isnt obligatorily invalid quite on the contrary. Whats the provlem of emotions? It is quite obvious that the idea that rationality and emotionality are mutually exclusive is a myth. Indeed, one usualy (USUALY) supports the other. Emotion is little more than the most primal, basic logic. Isnt it logic, to be happy when good things happen? Anyway, just wanted to express that. Oh, btw:

you said "the Orokins idea of perfection would be a perfect societies idea of perfection and in all cases that does not include blubber."

This is incredibly circular, redundant, and tautological. It doesn't hold up, admits the orokin as perfect (wish they aren't), admits that a perfect societies view of perfection doesnt include fat (wish you CANT know), and repeats itself in order to seem supported, when it is not.

regardless, the other person that presented the Arnold problem answered you better than I did.

We'll when your statements are 75% emotion and fueled by anger. You make typos and don't make much sense. Then you desperately try to use big words to back up your statement due to the fact that it can't back up itself. I'm just going to stop here what you've been saying hasn't made much sense at all and you don't need anything more than common sense to know that the Orokins idea of perfection doesn't include fat. I know you'd probably go at this all day but I don't have the time for that, I'm busy juggling other threads so let's just stop here.

7 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

This is incredibly circular, redundant, and tautological.

Oh, come on.

Just include frames throughout the spectrum. Someone will like them. Some will not. But like real life there's no one ideal.

I stress a healthy look, but that's because the abuse of the other extreme, and seeing my caster toon turn into Arnold with Ebola, is simply too much! :/

(Please devs variety not just one-size-fits-all).

3 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

We'll when your statements are 75% emotion and fueled by anger. You make typos and don't make much sense. Then you desperately try to use big words to back up your statement due to the fact that it can't back up itself. I'm just going to stop here what you've been saying hasn't made much sense at all and you don't need anything more than common sense to know that the Orokins idea of perfection doesn't include fat. I know you'd probably go at this all day but I don't have the time for that, I'm busy juggling other threads so let's just stop here.

Actually I am not sure. The Orokin seem to find more pleasure in symmetry and gold than they do a particular build, per se. Anything of any size can be symmetrical. Their version of perfect hasn't really mentioned size, health or anything. The Orokin are still very unknown to us in their motives and culture. To make the assumption that they find anything more 'perfect' than anything else is somewhat premature in my eyes.

1 minute ago, SilverBones said:

Actually I am not sure. The Orokin seem to find more pleasure in symmetry and gold than they do a particular build, per se. Anything of any size can be symmetrical. Their version of perfect hasn't really mentioned size, health or anything. The Orokin are still very unknown to us in their motives and culture. To make the assumption that they find anything more 'perfect' than anything else is somewhat premature in my eyes.

I haven't done my research really so you may be correct. Like people were saying earlier I could understand a sumo. Wait a second actually remember the fatties from the war within trailer....they could be linked to the Orokin(just a hunch) Mabye when U19 comes out well learn a little more about the Orokins idea of perfection.

6 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Oh, come on.

Just include frames throughout the spectrum. Someone will like them. Some will not. But like real life there's no one ideal.

I stress a healthy look, but that's because the abuse of the other extreme, and seeing my caster toon turn into Arnold with Ebola, is simply too much! :/

Yes, I could understand a sumo but a blubber frame? What would it's power set even be. Rhino is supposedly the heaviest of WARFRAMES so could there even be a fat frame?

10 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

We'll when your statements are 75% emotion and fueled by anger. You make typos and don't make much sense. Then you desperately try to use big words to back up your statement due to the fact that it can't back up itself.

Thats really ad hominem. Again, I could even be typing this furiously (Im not, and the typos are mostly due to a really bad phone), and that fury would be irrelevant if the arguments are good. And they are.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

you don't need anything more than common sense to know that the Orokins idea of perfection doesn't include fat.

common sense once dictated that the world is flat.

common sense is really just the idea that the masses are "more right" a priori. Its a fallacy. And, specially in this case, goes against evidences. I mean, Vauban, Chroma, Rhino...they aren't exactly the most "athetic

" model around. Indeed, hydroid himself, for example, is rather bulbous, almost as if his legs were fat. You cannot know if their ideaof perfection includes fat or not, therefore.

11 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Oh, come on.

that's what I'm defending.