The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs "fat" warframes

Deshiel

3 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Many love this idea for personal reasons as well. How about the growing frame...though Bacchus wouldn't be bad

It can be done. There is no room too small in the game that would disable your movement if you raise your proportions a bit.

11 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

you should stay! There is much joy to be had in the growing firestorms of this thread, and we can all bathe in the ashes left behind when the great lockdown arrives!

Granny is getting too old for those firefights. But I'll share some moonshine for the party types! lol

1 minute ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Well I was thinking that it would have to disable movement in trade for durability..it only makes sense.

I believe that Rhino has his movement reduced by default for being Rhino and having so much armor. It isn't anything too overt but its a proof that the warframes are bound by physics aswel so the frame would probably recieve some movement penalty anyway.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

1. WARFRAMES are meant to be quick in one way or another

2. For control of the games reality

We can't even get to the abilites discussion yet without first breaking the existence of the frame first

Our games reality?

3 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I believe that Rhino has his movement reduced by default for being Rhino and having so much armor. It isn't anything too overt but its a proof that the warframes are bound by physics aswel so the frame would probably recieve some movement penalty anyway.

Than again. WARFRAMES ideally are probably at the peak of fitness which doesn't include much fat. Though we can have a really strong team with a chassis that makes them look fat kinda how oberons armor makes him look fat.

It's not congruent with the lore, if you don't like it you can stop playing. Or Make your own game with divers body types.

I like fit and bulky people, I like ninjas. So warframe's body types make sense. 

Seriously, i like how DE is open to opinions. But is this seriously a problem? With the lack of balance, the requirement of PBR and reworks on old frames and the core of the game that needs to be tweaked

oh nohohohnonono

its the body types, theres no fat people on warframe thats the problem

Edited by Eureka.seveN

Just now, (XB1)VTG xSTEVIEx said:

We can't even get to the abilites discussion yet without first breaking the existence of the frame first

Our games reality?

1. Yeah sure but we're still waiting on transgender hitler frame would you like to talk about his abilities?

2. Games are their own reality and without some for of logic their would only be chaos

5 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Than again. WARFRAMES ideally are probably at the peak of fitness which doesn't include much fat. Though we can have a really strong team with a chassis that makes them look fat kinda how oberons armor makes him look fat.

Oberon is suppose to be a Paladin in Warframe. But my WoW pally in a plate skirt looks more "manly". =:o

God, devs either have sick humor or into ... I don't want to know!

Added: the new Oberon skin pack has Obbie with a cod piece even. Really? Really???

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

This has got to be my most favorite thread yet. 

Would you like to know why?

Because SJW's have been injecting their crap everywhere in American culture. In our education, in our art, in our business's, name a American (or maybe even European community I have no idea what's going on over there, but I doubt it's any better.) and it is probably under attack for "racism" or "homophobia" or something. To avoid bearing such a false reputation and saying "hey guys we're cool we're not _____" They accommodate to these people. There is only one exception I have seen. A miracle child of some sort:

Gamers and the gaming community.

-snip-

If you don't feel like reading my post, just read the below line

SJW's cannot guiltrip/slander/negotiate with gamers, we are ruthless, barbaric, and without souls with their mountain dew and doritos. We rarely care about the world outside, but If you try to majorly change our favorite game for any reason, GET BEHIND SOME COVER because we will MESS YOU UP!

Edited by Letter13
Let's not do the profanity thing.

Well, in universe, the Orokin had a thing about aesthetics. It could be that they just didn't consider 'fat' to be useful in their society or especially as part of the result of infestation experimentation. The Technocyte used was likely shaped more on the host which would likely be lower ranked Orokin citizens tube bred for qualities the Orokin liked.

Warframe has a very broad field of inspiration. Legends, Gods and Forces. 

Deities can take any form and size and who is to say a warframe can not take cue from "fat" Hero or God?

Like the elephant God:

2016-New-Men-Women-3d-T-shirt-Funny-Prin

Or Buddha

1-141013121928.jpg

Or the VERY old.woman godess of the Earth

img_0039.jpg

On 5/16/2016 at 6:33 PM, (XB1)Gray Silhouette said:

Ninjas aren't fat.

Being bulky has FAR too many disadvantages to it, especially if the name of the game is to be stealthy and agile.

Being bulky doesn't necessarily make you slow...It depends.