The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs "fat" warframes

Deshiel

17 hours ago, Imaru said:

IF this is implemented (and I doubt it will because it seems kinda silly to me) it would need to be done carefully to straddle the line between generously proportioned and obese. Obviously we can't have a warframe running around that looks like he/she would cause a scale to say "One at a time, please," but more body shape diversity wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in my books. 

I just don't think that a heavier set warframe is the right path to go down. 

^LOL

but to reply to OP
The clipping would be a nightmare.
A lot of stuff in Warframe doesnt make any sense, so a fat frame wouldn't be crazy for me. It would just be absolutely hilarious.
What would its powers be, throwing pizza bombs? I'd imagine that it would be super slow and wouldnt be able to bullet jump that high as well.

I'm not for it, nor am I against it.....I just don't think that there is a need

Just now, tnccs215 said:

funny this happen a few weeks after there's an enormous sh!tstorm because Banshee's desluxe skin is average body instead of squeletical.

oh well. I approve the idea regardless.

pure coincidence.

cjLLt8l.gif

No reason to have a fat warframe. Makes no sense biologically or design wise. Although it is true the game has turned very campy lately, so maaaybe a "big warframe with raw power and a huge heart" could be a thing since that type of characters are always a thing in campy, fantasy stories.

Lol, my previous post was hidden. Maybe briefly voicing negative opinions on ideas that aren't quite rational is too much for the mods? I'll try again, this time with an explanation.

It wouldn't make any sense, honestly. Few reasons why:

- Warframes are built to be agile war-machines. Whilst some are built like tanks (see Rhino, Atlas), they are built muscularly and with solid bulk, not fat, whilst still remaining lithe enough for fast-paced combat and avoiding attacks. You wouldn't make an actually fat Warframe for combat. It would be ineffective, an easy target, slow and wouldn't be able to do any movements that other Warframes are built for.

- Warframes don't consume anything, other than maybe the energy provided by the operator. Thus, they do not eat. Thus they cannot gain mass. They are at fixed heights, dimensions and weights, once again, manufactured to be so.

- We already have a ton of body types, yes, but being overweight isn't a body type. That's a condition.

Even more to the point: Warframe is a game with a relatively serious tone to it's narrative. Having a jolly beer-belly frame would kill the atmosphere, and I wouldn't be surprised to see crewmen and lancers keel over laughing at how ridiculous that would look. It works in light-hearted fantasy, but not here.

Now, before you grab your pitchforks, please think a bit more about this. If you disagree, please, fill me in where I've gone wrong. But I don't think I can see your way, OP.

Pls no, don't let tumblr's influence spread. 

go11.gif

Warframe as it is right now is NOT fat-shaming how did this even come up???

You do realize that you play as a "ninja" in this game? Different sized frames mean different sized hitboxes. It doesn't make sense lore-wise, it doesn't make sense gameplay-wise. Obesity is technically a disease. I understand that this "minority" should be treated better and respected more, I understand where people are coming from when they ask for stuff like this, I understand how it feels to be different: having to justify yourself to people who will just take one look at you and judge you day by day. But do you think that having a disease is right? Do you think people should just be okay with it? 

20 hours ago, Plasmaface said:

That's dumb. Volt Prime is Slim and he has tons of energy. 

No, what's dumb is someone who doesn't recognize irony. 

look it up, it's on google (hint: irony has nothing to do with getting wrinkles out of your clothes)

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

11 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

No, what's dumb is someone who doesn't recognize irony. 

look it up, it's on google (hint: irony has nothing to do with getting wrinkles out of your clothes)

There is no Irony there to be recognized. 

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/
noun

1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Frames such as Volt Prime have demonstrated that physicality has little, if anything to do with energy storage when it comes to Warframes. If you are really so desperate to have a fat frame, you need to come up with a better reason. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Ok, this topic has amused me.

A: As OP put, warframes aren't people. They're crafted. By the Orokin. Artists tend to like perfection from their perspective in their works, and we know the orokin were vain, greedy, etc. Just look at all the gold trimmings. Do you really think the orokin would go out of their way to respect peoples idea of body image, or do you think they would want to idealize what they think a warframe should look like? I think the question should be "Why aren't there larger operator models?". The operators aren't orokin art after all.

B: Warframes have no need for extra mass. Someone posted earlier that warframes do not adhere to the same rules as people. This is true, to an extent. That extent is hit when the mass affects movement (too much extra mass would increase friction, bulletjumps would be held back by the need to accelerate, etc), inability to hide (enlarged hitbox), and various other things. This comes back to the original question: Does that play out like a stealthy ninja? Answer is, no.

C: Model meshing would prevent such a thing. Normally there is a set default for what models can do, etc, and if something on the model is set larger than what was intended for the models default movement, then things would overlap and end up looking a mess. Imagine the complaints that would occur. "Why does my warframe seemingly slide in on itself/slide partly through walls, etc. We want an insta fix". There are no quick fixes for such things a game is built around.