The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Chroma get a legit passive?

OzoneSlayer

I just want more damned color choices for the elements. Ice is by far the best, but holy SPACEBALLS am I tired of effing black and white energy. It hurts me deep in my soul every single time. I despise black/white energy, and I would never use it otherwise.Lots of blue shades should be fine for ice, since...it's ICE. Q.Q

Edited by Geraion

2 hours ago, RahuHordika said:

I think that his real passive should indeed be something related to his multi-elemen functionality, anything but the actualy mechanic itself.

Yeah and there are so many possibilities. Damage reduction, bonus damage, elemental bullet jumps, etc.

2 hours ago, Genitive said:

That's actually a cool idea.

What if when chroma physically touched an enemy, he insta-procced the element he is using on them. This would reinforce his tanky, in your face nature, and would be really fun (and funny) to use.

Design wise, Chroma is my favorate warframe.  But i don't use him.  Ever.  Elemental armor and occasionally effigy aside, i see no potential whatsoever in his abilities.  Frost, Loki and even Limbo are better choices. 

I think his energy color changing his element its a more legitimate passive then most other warframes have. :/ with that said, if Inaros has 2 passives I see no reason why Chroma can't have another one too.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

What would be nice is having Spectral Scream not be so limited mobility wise and be able to alter our Element during a mission, and the existing color choosing simply sets the default color, like Equinox's Day & Night Form.

Then I like the idea of Elemental Bullet jump being Chroma's actual passive.

Next give Spectral Scream and Effigy a bit more range, damage that scales some how (maybe from Primary Weapon mods or simply a Rathuum style increase with Level, so it can remain useful) and a boost to energy drain on at least Effigy.

Icing on the cake would be Effigy being able to follow us around like a super Sentinel, and I'm afraid that an Augment mod would most likely fit the bill here, but should be worth it.

1 hour ago, Zezakh said:

Design wise, Chroma is my favorate warframe.  But i don't use him.  Ever.  Elemental armor and occasionally effigy aside, i see no potential whatsoever in his abilities.  Frost, Loki and even Limbo are better choices. 

Chroma is a tank/Dps

Frost isn't a better tank/DPS than him

Loki isn't either

Limbo can't kill anything

How are they better than him at his role?

9 hours ago, (PS4)DanteVincent said:

I think it's a fair passive considering how OP Chroma is. Not that I want to rain on everyone's parade of course, it's just that it's not a very fair request, imo.

Oh so invincible frames get passives but chroma can't because that would be op since he's too tanky I see what your saying.Seems legit

Edited by OzoneSlayer

1 minute ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Oh so invincible frames get passives but chroma can't because that would be op I see what your saying.Seems legit

Yeah, a pretty weak argument honestly when Valkyr has the knockdown recovery boost (which is crazy good on a meta level). 

I don't know, my elemental contact passive and the elemental bullet jump both seem like good passives that wouldn't break the game. Don't see why they can't be implemented.

22 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Chroma is a tank/Dps

Frost isn't a better tank/DPS than him

Loki isn't either

Limbo can't kill anything

How are they better than him at his role?

Frost is better because his bubble exists. Granted, Frost needs to be stationary, Chroma doesn, but Frost still wins in the defensive.

Loki can go invisible. He just wins at default. Insivibility is by far the strongest kind of ability in the game, end of.

Lol...Limbo.

1 hour ago, Geraion said:

Frost is better because his bubble exists. Granted, Frost needs to be stationary, Chroma doesn, but Frost still wins in the defensive.

Loki can go invisible. He just wins at default. Insivibility is by far the strongest kind of ability in the game, end of.

Lol...Limbo.

The question wasn't who was better at being defensive, Chroma is an outright better tank than Frost. He absorbs alot more damage and outputs greater damage than Frost can.. The statement still holds.

To say invisibility is the best skill in the game is frankly, laughable. As loki will fall like a fly to stray shots and AoE blasts.

Limbo like loki is the same way, they will die if he's takes damage. It's damage mitigation, he's not tanking anything.

1 minute ago, Buzkyl said:

The question wasn't who was better at being defensive, Chroma is an outright better tank than Frost. He absorbs alot more damage and outputs greater damage than Frost can.. The statement still holds.

To say invisibility is the best skill in the game is frankly, laughable. As loki will fall like a fly to stray shots and AoE blasts.

Limbo like loki is the same way, they will die if he's takes damage. It's damage mitigation, he's not tanking anything.

Yes, IF you get hit. But, most frames not directly tanks will get owned by 1 bombard rocket.

And you can't discount an ability just because it doesn't make the frame itself tankier. Frost is by far the single best defensive frame. But if you want straight up self-defensive and damage, hi Valkyr. Flat out invulnerable as long as Hysteria is up. Inb4 nullifiers, who also removes Chroma's self-buffing, so same deal there. Now, what puts Frost ahead of Chroma as well is that he has more group value. Anyone can stand in a Frost bubble and benefit from it, Chroma needs people glued to him to sortof benefit from a little armor.

Damage depends on weapons more than the frame. For the most part. Sure, Frost Chroma can deflect some damage, Frost has his 4.

Loki has the radial disarm as well, so, just in general really, a skilled player won't worry about getting hit, so yes, Invis. is the strongest ability in the game.

On 5/18/2016 at 0:58 PM, Zezakh said:

Vex makes him not only the second best tank in the game, but also one of the highest damage warframes when using weapons. Id hardly call that no potential. Hes a viable pick for tanking and damage. Sure many frames can out damage him but none of them can tank while doing it. Hes safe damage. And while thats not the most glorious role, it is a viable one.

Edited by WARLOCKE

4 hours ago, Geraion said:

Yes, IF you get hit. But, most frames not directly tanks will get owned by 1 bombard rocket.

And you can't discount an ability just because it doesn't make the frame itself tankier. Frost is by far the single best defensive frame. But if you want straight up self-defensive and damage, hi Valkyr. Flat out invulnerable as long as Hysteria is up. Inb4 nullifiers, who also removes Chroma's self-buffing, so same deal there. Now, what puts Frost ahead of Chroma as well is that he has more group value. Anyone can stand in a Frost bubble and benefit from it, Chroma needs people glued to him to sortof benefit from a little armor.

Damage depends on weapons more than the frame. For the most part. Sure, Frost Chroma can deflect some damage, Frost has his 4.

Loki has the radial disarm as well, so, just in general really, a skilled player won't worry about getting hit, so yes, Invis. is the strongest ability in the game.

Trust me, its very easy to get one hit later in levels. It happens far more often than loki players will admit. Frost is a defensive frame, not a tank. He also has little to no damage. Valkyr is mostly useless outside of solo play and on high end infested missions and is subject to bad nullifier luck (spawning behind you, falling from the second floor ontop of you, ect.). Chroma , with arcane support can easily tank up untill lvl 300 enemies present themselves. And at that point CC becomes king. 

Chroma can bring extreme tankiness and very good damage. Valk brings......high single target damage and invuln. Id say chroma is a far more valuable pick for group content than valkyr. In solo play he can do almost anything up until a certain limit which happens to be far higher than most frames). And hes got the advantage of using weapons while tanking, something valkyr lacks. 

And his new mod takes care of one of elemental aura problems, range. 

Hes a great frame with serious weakness's. I wont say hes good for a group, but hes not the worst choice either. He has a niche for players and fills that niche VERY well. He also needs attention badly as half of his skill set is complete garbage and his augments need to scale. He also needs a passive, which is the point of this thread.

8 hours ago, WARLOCKE said:

Trust me, its very easy to get one hit later in levels. It happens far more often than loki players will admit. Frost is a defensive frame, not a tank. He also has little to no damage. Valkyr is mostly useless outside of solo play and on high end infested missions and is subject to bad nullifier luck (spawning behind you, falling from the second floor ontop of you, ect.). Chroma , with arcane support can easily tank up untill lvl 300 enemies present themselves. And at that point CC becomes king. 

Chroma can bring extreme tankiness and very good damage. Valk brings......high single target damage and invuln. Id say chroma is a far more valuable pick for group content than valkyr. In solo play he can do almost anything up until a certain limit which happens to be far higher than most frames). And hes got the advantage of using weapons while tanking, something valkyr lacks. 

And his new mod takes care of one of elemental aura problems, range. 

Hes a great frame with serious weakness's. I wont say hes good for a group, but hes not the worst choice either. He has a niche for players and fills that niche VERY well. He also needs attention badly as half of his skill set is complete garbage and his augments need to scale. He also needs a passive, which is the point of this thread.

And Frost is a better group pick than Chroma. Chroma's tankiness is ONLY for himself and a small armor bonus for allies who stick to him constantly. The mod is in my opinion, not worth it, as it is a slot used to make yourself tankier (or faster in the case of something like Armored Agility). That armor does next to nothing later, and you shoot yourself in the foot by using effigy, as it reduces armor by quite a lot. Arcanes on any frame with a good fit can do great things, not just Chroma. Same for the lenses. Near-permastealth Excal is grand. And with decent range in Radial Blind, it's neat team support. Of course Mirage is better at the blinding.

Valkyr will still tank more damage than Chroma can, because she can't die. They're susceptible to the same threat in nullifiers. But sure, Chroma can do more damage with the Vex armor boost. I don't see how a frame personally mitigating the damage is somehow better than entirely voiding it, like Frost or Rhino/Valkyr.. As far as tanks go, Chroma is not the best. As far damage-dealing tanks go, then we can talk.

And I do like Chroma.

Edited by Geraion

5 minutes ago, Geraion said:

And Frost is a better group pick than Chroma. Chroma's tankiness is ONLY for himself and a small armor bonus for allies who stick to him constantly. The mod is in my opinion, not worth it, as it is a slot used to make yourself tankier (or faster in the case of something like Armored Agility). That armor does next to nothing later, and you shoot yourself in the foot by using effigy, as it reduces armor by quite a lot. Arcanes on any frame with a good fit can do great things, not just Chroma. Same for the lenses. Near-permastealth Excal is grand. And with decent range in Radial Blind, it's neat team support. Of course Mirage is better at the blinding.

Valkyr will still tank more damage than Chroma can, because she can't die. They're susceptible to the same threat in nullifiers. But sure, Chroma can do more damage with the Vex armor boost. I don't see how a frame personally mitigating the damage is somehow better than entirely voiding it, like Frost or Rhino/Valkyr.. As far as tanks go, Chroma is not the best. As far damage-dealing tanks go, then we can talk.

And I do like Chroma.

Chroma has an augment that shares his buff and makes everyone mobile and tanky instead of immobilizing them basically with frost

I hear what you're saying OP, personally I think Chroma needs a second look all together. Spectral Scream just feels meh, Elemental Ward is good but you have to be in hugging distance in order to get the buff (last time I checked you still need to be within range at all times in order to get the buff), and Effigy, while unique for a 4th, feels like it's lacking.

26 minutes ago, DALOS said:

I hear what you're saying OP, personally I think Chroma needs a second look all together. Spectral Scream just feels meh, Elemental Ward is good but you have to be in hugging distance in order to get the buff (last time I checked you still need to be within range at all times in order to get the buff), and Effigy, while unique for a 4th, feels like it's lacking.

I agree with all of this as an avid Chroma Player. Chroma needs a rework in general. 1st is completely useless, only use it on low levels for fun. 2nd is decent paired with 3rd. 3rd is by far his best ability, able to tank out almost any hit with my build, using the augment let's you deal out a ton more damage also. 4th is usless unless on cred farm. 

The color changing element passive? That's not even worth being called a paasive, it's part of Chroma's ability kit. A passive needs to be a sepetate "ability" that is triggered by a certain event or sequence of events in game. And personally I like the idea of the elemental bullet jump.

On 5/20/2016 at 7:29 AM, Geraion said:

And I do like Chroma.

Except you ignored that chroma has range and can SHOOT nullifier bubbles lol, so he not susceptible unlike valkyr who has to get in the nullifiers face.

Stop ignoring facts mate, its silly

6 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Except you ignored that chroma has range and can SHOOT nullifier bubbles lol, so he not susceptible unlike valkyr who has to get in the nullifiers face.

Stop ignoring facts mate, its silly

You ignore surprise nullifiers that can drop on his face. And everyone makes mistakes sometimes. The problem remains the same, but sure, I'll concede that Chroma has it less than Valkyr, if you'll concede that outright ignoring ANY damage beats mitigating a lot of it.

On 5/16/2016 at 0:42 AM, PsiWarp said:

I hope he gets a proper passive! Here's an idea

Elemental Flight

- Bullet jump damage has a second instance (separate from bullet jump mods) that matches the chosen element.

- Aim-glide lasts longer and his pelt wings are visible when in midair.

How about Aim Glide after jumping straight up allows him to hover in midair instead as well?

That could be legit fun. 

4 hours ago, Geraion said:

You ignore surprise nullifiers that can drop on his face. And everyone makes mistakes sometimes. The problem remains the same, but sure, I'll concede that Chroma has it less than Valkyr, if you'll concede that outright ignoring ANY damage beats mitigating a lot of it.

I'm not ignoring that lol I'm just making sure your aware that chroma can actually avoid them, contrary to what you originally said. Any competent player (and I'm sure your one) won't be surprised by a HUGE GOLD BUBBLE. Come on man, if you let that obvious warning sign get near you without even noticing it that's pretty ridiculous if you ask me