Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overwatch?....anyone?

Gizun

So Overwatch is coming soon and in my country (Israel) almost NO ONE cares. No launch events, no special banners on retail stores sites...nothing. We do have some gaming sites being "excited" about it but maaaaaan.... the gaming community here is.... weak to say the least. Any of you are excited for Overwatch? Does your country too has a weak (and underage come to think of it) gaming community? just curious; finding an actual gamer here that goes beyond fifa (and is over the age of 15) is quite rare.

Edited by Gizun

I'd say yes, people are exited about Overwatch in Germany though I don't really know. Finding someone who plays games here isn't that hard, though most people are just on consoles and if they are on pc they usually play League or something similar.

Personally I have a hard time getting interested in the game, the "happy, cartoony-style" just doesn't feel appealing. Get the adds on youtube and some other preview stuff of people playing, some saying it's well made and cool, others just focusing on some chars &#!. I get the feeling the community/playerbase will be very young.

Personally i'm not that excited... Then again, i'm not excited for anything. The last game i was so excited for that i pre-preordered it was Dark Souls III.

Overwatch is interesting and seems fun to me, but huge price scares me away. I'd rather make a comeback to Team Fortress 2.

Hey, I'm also from Israel... You just gotta look hard for those communities, I guess.

But outside of those... There is zero hype. 
But hey, what can we do? Everyone only cares about sports here, most people don't really have the time or patience for gaming.

So, I know next to nothing about it. I only just got wind of it today with that "Dragons" animated short which I thought was pretty cool, and many details made me think of Warframe, plus I like the cartoonish style, so I think I might look more into it. But here in Brazil, I wager almost no one even knows about it.

Try Somali community. Moment I talk about Overwatch, they consider me to childish because I don't play seriouse games like COD and Fifa. Honestly, it's like am the only Somali that actually tries to play other kind of games. And the fact am doing game design course and nearly an Adualt next year, am considered to be a "loser" because am not training to become a doctor, lawyer or some other big shot. So yah, I prepared it.

Side note: I live in the UK.

Edited by Ibro156

5 hours ago, p_ar7hur said:

So, I know next to nothing about it. I only just got wind of it today with that "Dragons" animated short which I thought was pretty cool, and many details made me think of Warframe, plus I like the cartoonish style, so I think I might look more into it. But here in Brazil, I wager almost no one even knows about it.

Those on the WoW Brazil server maybe playing it, though. Blizzard's games are a closed world, so it spills into other Blizzard games.