Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replaying the tutorial?

Tomppak

Question

My significant other wants to try Warframe, but she isn't sure if she'll like it, so she'd rather want to test it before installing.

On the other hand, I'm hesitant to let her create an account and play on my PC, in fear of having account suspended for suspicions of having multiple accounts (I believe multi-accounts are against the rules?), and I'd really want to throw her into the tutorial first, instead of handing her a random mission, so playing on my account isn't a good option either, unless -
Is there a way to re-play the tutorial (waking in the crypod, picking your first weapons, etc etc) mission, without actually creating a new account?

9 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Neah said:

There is currently no way to replay the tutorial other than a fresh account.

Multi accounts are fine, as long as they do not interact with each other (i.e. trading large amounts of Platinum with each other, this will be marked as suspicious and will likely get you banned for fear of Plat Discount farming by DE, but trading of mods / items are generally fine). Or, if you're very worried, you could make a support ticket to clarify with Support beforehand.

This. ^

To ads to that, a while back I wrote a ticket asking to clarify whether multiple accounts are permitted as ToS does not prohibit a person from having multiple accounts. (I assume 1 IP address/device is considered 1 person, which would apply to OP's situation) Here's a quote from the support staff's reply:

The only time having multiple accounts on the same IP can lead to issues is if users are found to be exploiting the game by having alts or cheating the system with multiple accounts for Events, Contests, Promotions, Coupons or other things like that!

If you are simply playing the game, making regular trades and having fun, then you will be perfectly ok! If for any reason something did happen and an account triggered the anti-cheat system and got banned, simply write into the support and we will investigate the issue and resolve it for you! :)

I assume you're not going to trade plat, items early or throughout a new player experience as minimum MR requirement for trading is 2, which would take a while to obtain. It is highly unlikely that you would trigger the ban system. Even if you do, support can easily resolve this by investigating your case.

Multi accounts are fine, as long as they do not interact with each other (i.e. trading large amounts of Platinum with each other, this will be marked as suspicious and will likely get you banned for fear of Plat Discount farming by DE, but trading of mods / items are generally fine). Or, if you're very worried, you could make a support ticket to clarify with Support beforehand.

Taking long, taking up space, and having the hazzle of uninstalling it if you don't find it to your liking, compared to "push this button in this menu to replay the tutorial" answer I'm crossing my fingers for?

Having someone play on your account is fine as long as you're not handing someone over your information. You're also around monitoring them while doing it, I don't see harm in doing so.

You could just create a loadout with the basic of weapons and frame with minimal mods in place and playing a mission on Mercury. There used to a replayable tutorial, but that was thrown out when DE introduced the quest system that replaced the previous and outdated tutorial.

There's a tutorial that teaches the parkour system in the codex if you want to let your significant other try that out.

Edited by SurrealEdge
Forgot some information.

10 minutes ago, Neah said:

Thanks for the information!