Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara

(PSN)Magic_Snipe730

Question

12 answers to this question

Ivara is a control master. /enddiscussion

She one of those frames that can use practically every power stat. So you'll be looking for well rounded builds.

Depending on the situation, you'll be focusing on ability X or Y so you should build around it and worry less about how it will affect the other abilities, otherwise it will be a pain.

1. At end game I'd say you're perfectly fine with a good weapon to deal with non-finishable enemies and then betting on Efficiency to cast as often as possible, she's very often used to Sleep -> Covert Lethality Dagger finishers = Instant kills any level. If you're going for pure offensive, just don't forget that Artemis is boosted by the mods on your Primary weapon.

2. Well, there will always be players hating and others loving a certain frame. I'd say Ivara can be a bit more complex frame and the more you have to round stats the higher the hate usually goes above average. The simpler it is, the higher the love.

1: Sleep arrows are your friend. Prowl is your friend.

2: There's probably either hate because she's borderline if not a little bit OP and people tend to not like OP things- BUUUUUT, and the reason I'm personally ok with that- she takes some amount of thinking, coordination, and whatnot to be able to play and she can't just nuke the world and Draco farmers and the like complain about anything that doesn't play the game for them for some reason.

16 minutes ago, Manyc said:

Ivara is a control master. /enddiscussion

She one of those frames that can use practically every power stat. So you'll be looking for well rounded builds.

Depending on the situation, you'll be focusing on ability X or Y so you should build around it and worry less about how it will affect the other abilities, otherwise it will be a pain.

1. At end game I'd say you're perfectly fine with a good weapon to deal with non-finishable enemies and then betting on Efficiency to cast as often as possible, she's very often used to Sleep -> Covert Lethality Dagger finishers = Instant kills any level. If you're going for pure offensive, just don't forget that Artemis is boosted by the mods on your Primary weapon.

2. Well, there will always be players hating and others loving a certain frame. I'd say Ivara can be a bit more complex frame and the more you have to round stats the higher the hate usually goes above average. The simpler it is, the higher the love.

Well with the whole covert lethality daggers I might as well use bows as primary and daggers for melee. Thanks for that tip.

16 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

1: Sleep arrows are your friend. Prowl is your friend.

2: There's probably either hate because she's borderline if not a little bit OP and people tend to not like OP things- BUUUUUT, and the reason I'm personally ok with that- she takes some amount of thinking, coordination, and whatnot to be able to play and she can't just nuke the world and Draco farmers and the like complain about anything that doesn't play the game for them for some reason.

I played with both for a bit, works like a charm, also didn't know you can use prowl on dashwire and it won't de-invis you which is nice

The whole draco thing seems people don't like carrying unranked warframes that seem to go down only once. Seems sad that some people look it at that

All the above suggestions are great.  I tried a few of the purpose builds and found that I mostly use an all around build.  It's the one that seems to fit the best for her IMO.    :D

1: When doing survivals in groups, it might be better for you to move away from the main group to avoid crossfire.  Duration effects how fast she steals items while in Prowl.

2:  As for the hate, Stratego89 probably said is best.  I will add that the hate seems to come the most from those claiming "master race" or those that hate the she can go Invisible.  hehe  She's also a great solo frame

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Magic_Snipe730 said:

The farm oh jesus I wanted to pull my hair out so many times doing her farm. I have heard people just buying her when they have the plat just to avoid the grind

It's kinda funny when you think about it.  The grind for her parts in Spy missions somewhat prepare you for her playstyle.  You can't just Rambo thru spy missions without setting off all kinds of alarms.  :D  Just my theory.  I love spy missions, but hate them in PUGs.   I bought her as soon as I realized I liked Warframe and that she offered the playstyle that I like the most. 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Magic_Snipe730 said:

The farm oh jesus I wanted to pull my hair out so many times doing her farm. I have heard people just buying her when they have the plat just to avoid the grind

I farmed the plat to buy her faster than anyone in my clan or friends list farmed her from spy vaults.

23 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I farmed the plat to buy her faster than anyone in my clan or friends list farmed her from spy vaults.

It is easier to farm the plat than the spies, you just have to fight rng for it.

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

It's kinda funny when you think about it.  The grind for her parts in Spy missions somewhat prepare you for her playstyle.  You can't just Rambo thru spy missions without setting off all kinds of alarms.  :D  Just my theory.  I love spy missions, but hate them in PUGs.   I bought her as soon as I realized I liked Warframe and that she offered the playstyle that I like the most. 

Depending on the spies, I did grineer with loki prime for the fast spy missions. Sure you could use any other frame but the missions per hour would be much lower in my opinion

I'm still grinding for my Ivara (got the chassis and systems, missing helmet and BP) and I have to say that she's one of the most enjoyable farms, given how much I enjoy the spy missions. Though now that I've got Loki P, they feel even a bit too easy... Though the stealth focus farming that's doable on the side is pretty nice.

Agreed, it was one of the more enjoyable farms (as far as farming goes). Not to mention that you can rush each vault and easily accomplish them for the multiplier to feed weapons to level them. And soloable, which is important to me. It is no worse than anything else in the game, just RNG.

Unlike frames like Vauban (probably the worst ever).

1 She is very good, I consider her one of the better frames and I love playing her. She can be built for nice farming with her prowl, for that duration with a healthy bit of everything else (strength has to be at 100%), good for endless survival as well. You can also get some serious strength and a bit of everything else for her Artemis Bow, and I love that bow. Really good kit, so many other things to mention. Her sleep arrow is amazing as well, very useful.

2 The hate is because she is annoying to get for some people. I honestly cannot think of a reason to dislike her, her whole kit is extremely useful and she can take on any mission and do well.