The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I just want to point out something related to how Warframe changed

This is not a rant post (or maybe a bit, but nothing angry for sure), id just like to point out something about the Nitain and all that mechanics DE gave us in the last year and that no one likes i guess, no need to watch the video, just take a look to the duration of it,  about 13 minutes and it shows a poor Tenno with 4,500 hrs spent ingame in need of something.. the Nitain Extract. yes Sir this is the news, we all equal in the sight of Nitain, we all broke and we all need (a lot of) it.

This is the list of items that need it as requirement to craft, pretty huge since they gave us Nitain a few months ago, it seems about the 60% of items that came out need it

Blueprints Requiring Nitain ExtractEdit

Click to view the Blueprints requiring Nitain Extract
Blueprint 

Type 

Quantity 

Total                                                                                    74 (+17) 74 (+17)
Broken-War Melee 5
Destreza Melee 5
Inaros Helmet Component 2
Ivara Chassis Component 4
Ivara Systems Component 5
Ivara Loxley Helmet Cosmetic 1
Nezha Circa Helmet Cosmetic 5
Sands of Inaros Quest 1
Saryn Prime Chassis Component 3
Saryn Prime Systems Component 3
Scimitar Fuselage Component 4
Staticor (Research) Secondary 3 (1)
Sydon (Research) Melee 0 (5)
Vauban Prime Blueprint Blueprint 5
Vauban Prime Chassis Component 5
Vauban Prime Helmet Component 5
Vauban Prime Systems Component 5
War Melee 5
Wukong Blueprint (Research) Blueprint 0 (5)
Wukong Chassis (Research) Component 4 (3)
Wukong Helmet (Research) Component 2 (1)
Wukong Systems (Research) Component 0 (2)
Zhuge Primary 2

Then i came on the Forum and i read this:

Where s the fun behind the Nitain? A game should be fun and give good time to the people that plays it and honestly i realized that in the last year and an half Warframe turned more and more again to an huge XP grind (focus, syndacates, pvp, simaris) then they gave us the Ducats (every time we visit Baro we thro out hours and hours we spent farming first and then playing keys just to get a Primed mod we ll go to max later on using 528 rare 5 cores and about 1,7 million credits, just saying) and now the Nitain, so basically people is encouraged in playing more and more again just to get XP and Ducats and then wait the daily time wall to get the Nitain Extract anyone need.

Fresh players are stucked even more and the trading is just a race to milk the fresh players selling them something ''exclusive'' thats ingame no more..

Buy my shiny Ember for 600p dear Tenno, is ingame no more! (but dont tell them that we long time players was used to sell that parts for credits back in the days)

Well, actually when i hear people talk about Warframe the most used words are ''if'' and ''but''

Warframe would be the best game IF.. Warframe is great BUT..

Maybe at DE they should think a bit about the fact we are all here to get fun and some time walls and pointless grind are burning out from the game more people than expected. still is not too late, the community is alive and kicking and this post just shows that i (we) still care.

Spoiler

Im not natural english of course.. i just did my best ^^

All these things you say that has made Warframe "more grindy" over the years is just new stuff that people can collect, and can be completely ignored by new players. It's just different kind of content with unique kind of rewards and benefits, and barely affects the rest of the game, or the game as a whole.

Warframe has, and always will be, about grinding, farming, working for something that you want to get. Try explaining to me exactly how that's bad thing. 

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

3 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

All these things you say that has made Warframe "more grindy" over the years is just new stuff that people can collect, and can be completely ignored by new players. It's just different kind of content with unique kind of rewards and benefits, and barely affects the rest of the game, or the game as a whole.

Warframe has, and always will be, about grinding, farming, working for something that you want to get. Try explaining to me exactly how that's bad thing. 

Agree, I personally was not very pleased when Wukong was added to clan research and needed Nitain (one of the first if not first things in game that needed it) BUT it did make it so we can't instatnly start it and forget about it over time. It gaves us more of a reason to play and something new to collect.

Currently, with sorta casual gameplay and ONLY doing nitain short missions, I'm sitting on over 70 of the stuff. Vauban Prime is the first item to use nitain in a LOONG time. It's been over a few months I think. I personally have experienced how casual playing and being picky for the mission type STILL gets you enough nitain and as such, I just can't label the grind with as bad of a name as some tend to complain.

Most people basically sugar-coat the following phrase:

I don't play much and don't like farming in this farm-oriented game. Why can't I get the new things instantly?

18 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Where s the fun behind the Nitain?

The same place the fun behind every other item you collect in the game is-- in playing the game to earn your resources.

People dropping off at ~MR3 has nothing to do with Nitain.

Through semi-casual play, I had enough Nitain to build everything up to Vauban Prime.

When Vauban Prime was released, I still had 14 Nitain left on my account meaning I only had to run a few more alerts while I tried to farm his pieces.

From my experience, Nitain has largely been a problem for people who stopped running alerts when they felt they didn't need it anymore.

As far as I'm concerned, the main reason that the Nitain availability has become such a big issue again right now is because a lot of people do not want to buy Prime Access with real money to get him immediately, but many of those who have saved the plat to get him via trade did not stock up on the Nitain necessary to build him.

As long as you don't suffer a burning desire to get Vauban Prime right now without real money, it's really not that big of a problem. Your opinion may differ.

Happy gaming...

11 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Exactly. Althought there are things I'd like to see changed about farming resources (like adding more sources of Oxium), there is nothing wrong with resources being rare. Nitain is here to prevent players from getting everything after a few days. Otherwise they will complain there is nothing for them left to do. People got too used to instant gratification.

Edited by Genitive

6 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Theres no way to grind or farm Nitain (if you referring about it), if you talking about the XP grind well, thats way too much, people need to pee sometimes

8 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

It's just a game, why get so much upset about some stupid Nitain? You'll build your Vauban eventualy, geez.

you got absolutely nothing about what i would to say, hopefully because the language wall, the other option is that you didnt read at all my post.. but you still replied just because why not

18 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Where s the fun behind the Nitain?

Sitting in the inventory because of wall-to-wall alerts -- that people seem to have missed knowing an update was coming -- that I got tired of seeing ALL of them and have zero wish to get the latest frame, anyhow.

Moral: Early bird gets the worm (too many worms, the birds are TOO well fed and sleeping now!!!).

Not there to get the worm because 90hr work DAYS is too much, that's not the game problem.

Just now, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Theres no way to grind or farm Nitain (if you referring about it), if you talking about the XP grind well, thats way too much, people need to pee sometimes

There is. You can find them in caches in the reworked Sabotage missions on Grineer and Corpus ships.

You up to farm that for hours getting 90% of Fieldron Samples? Be serious, how many of them you ever played? Because i gave it a try, but bet you dont

I've never played Sabotage to farm Nitain, because I've never been that desperate to get it. I did get some while farming for the Xiphos landing craft parts though.

7 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

The same place the fun behind every other item you collect in the game is-- in playing the game to earn your resources.

People dropping off at ~MR3 has nothing to do with Nitain.

People dropping off at MR3 has a lot to do with Nitain and all this new mechanics and time walls, well they dont leave the game because of that, but they do just because theres absolutely nothing fun on a lot of the recent things they gave us

You up to farm that for hours getting 90% of Fieldron Samples? Be serious, how many of them you ever played? Because i gave it a try, but bet you dont

He probably never has to even worry about it, because 2 weeks of Nitain alerts he has over 40+ Nitain at the moment.

Got on this morning, 2 alerts and you know what? I IGNORED the Nitain one, there's TOO MANY of them in the last 2 weeks.

Already used Nitain for crafting the other things, and STILL have over 10 just sitting there!

1 minute ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

People dropping off at MR3 has a lot to do with Nitain and all this new mechanics and time walls, well they dont leave the game because of that, but they do just because theres absolutely nothing fun on a lot of the recent things they gave us

New players aren't the ones constantly going for every new piece of content. That's the veterans, you got it completely backwards.
What MR3 players would be farming for Nezha, Vauban prime, or any of this year's weapons when there's already HUNDREDS of other, cheaper, weapons and Warframes to choose from?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

People dropping off at MR3 has a lot to do with Nitain and all this new mechanics and time walls

Apart from Nitain, time walls and such have literally always been here. A MR3 player isn't going to have anything that needs Nitain to craft.

People dropping out early has nothing to do with Nitain.

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I've never played Sabotage to farm Nitain, because I've never been that desperate to get it. I did get some while farming for the Xiphos landing craft parts though.

(Im not desperate, just need ONE for the vauban BP, besides that, got anything shows on the Wikia list related to Nitain)

So basically you see it as a funny thing thats cool and necessary to get, that annoys no one and you hoping for a Greater Nitain Prime that requires 10 Nitain to craft one?

13 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Exactly. Althought there are things I'd like to see changed about farming resources (like adding more sources of Oxium), there is nothing wrong with resources being rare. Nitain is here to prevent players from getting everything after a few days. Otherwise they will complain there is nothing for them left to do. People got too used to instant gratification.

Im sitting on 86,189 oxium.

Nitain is one of the easiest to farm. You should watch for alerts, maybe set alarms for it. I still have 30 nitain remained after Vauban prime and I do only those which you can get fast like exterminate, capture etc. I play this game for 3-4 hours/day, and I usually run into a Nitain alert/day. You do the mission and bam you have the resource.

the trick about numbers:

74(+17) sounds like way too much nitain to collect! ...until you realize that we've been able to collect them every day for the past few months and not one item costs more than 5 at a time...so...calm down and enjoy the game. Rewards are constantly upon us who play.

As for new players, they need to figure out what they want and work on that, just like the rest of us.

The important thing here is to have fun too.

(Im not desperate, just need ONE for the vauban BP, besides that, got anything shows on the Wikia list related to Nitain)

So basically you see it as a funny thing thats cool and necessary to get, that annoys no one and you hoping for a Greater Nitain Prime that requires 10 Nitain to craft one?

I see Nitain as a reason to do otherwise completely ignored credit Alerts, as something new for Veterans to desire and work for, as a rare resource you can get slower, but more consistently by being patient and waiting, or just by checking in once in a while, rather than putting in hours of work.

That's what you need to do. Be patient, sit back, watch some series, check in on alerts in between each episode, instead of stressing yourself out because you absolutely 1000% need to get Vauban Prime as soon as physically possible.

Just now, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Picked up around 2k last night in 3 randoms. 7k? Not even 2hrs can recover it.

Got some Tellurium, and about 30k Nanos (from almost 0 ... damn you energy pads!), just playing, too.

That the point, i never farmed for Oxium, i did farm Neural Sensors for example and thats fine on a loot game like Warframe, you want something, you put effort and you get something. Thats my point of view. But it seems not working anymore like that.. you want something? you sit down and wait for something, in the meanwhile you could squeeze some fresh Tenno selling your overpriced Frost Pr fullsets or grind some foucs on Draco.. and honestly i prefer 100 times more a nice survival to farm something id like to get

Why is people still complaining about nitain? i haven't play that much recently and i had 27 nitain on my inventory, i work almost all day (6am to 9pm) and i still get nitain alerts some times, i been collecting since it came out and i already have every weapon/frame that needs nitain (including Vauban Prime), its not that hard to get, even for me with my work and everything.