Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why am I burnt out?

Fizzik

Question

Why am I so burnt out of Warframe? It's not even like I have a ton of hours, I have 400 playtime hours.

It's weird, I like the game but dislike it at the same time. I have everything I'll ever need, the game is easy, why do I not enjoy it so much?

Was it the constant hours spent farming Draco? Not sure. Anyone else have a similar feeling?

10 answers to this question

Just now, motorfirebox said:

Burnout is why I stopped doing Draco. Even without Draco, though, burnout happens. A lot of players pretty much only show up for events and stuff, play for a week until they've got all the new gewgaws, and then slack off until the next event.

Yea but it's to the point I don't care about the game anymore and give all my good stuff to my friends, or is that normal too?

I am in the same boat, I have about 400 hours and MR 14, its like I hit a wall. 

I have started to potato my frames and weapons to give me some variety and have started playing familiar missions but actually using my weapons and frames and not just doing Draco to rank up. It makes it a bit more fun to actually understand and find out how to play the stuff rather than just rank them up and forget about them

8 minutes ago, LeParadigm said:

Why am I so burnt out of Warframe? It's not even like I have a ton of hours, I have 400 playtime hours.

It's weird, I like the game but dislike it at the same time. I have everything I'll ever need, the game is easy, why do I not enjoy it so much?

Was it the constant hours spent farming Draco? Not sure. Anyone else have a similar feeling?

It's the ultimate lack of any fulfillment in the game.

There is no point in getting better, and honestly, killing enemies never really satisfies me like it does when I play something like dark souls, XCOM, or DOOM.

The only thing I'm interested in is the story, because it looks like S#&$ may soon be going down.

Storywise, if they up the stakes, start killing off tons of tenno, have enemies actually blow up a relay, kill ordis with extreme prejudice, and give the operator an actual reason to exist gameplaywise, and keep the story prevalent throughout the game, I'd probably stick around for a while.

Gameplaywise, make fighting enemies fun please. Look at game like Dark souls and DOOM to see how to make killing feeling weighty and rewarding. Smarter AI might help, and some new animations would be great.

To be fair, feelings of burnout are natural when your actions don't feel like they are getting a reward. I would give the game a little break of sorts and only come on for a few alerts here and there. The Devs said that update 19 is intended for the end of this month so just keep an eye on it and you might find a good place to ease back into the game after trying to get through the feelings of grind.

I've kept myself going (2500+ hours) by giving myself the challenge if getting at least 1000 kills on every single weapon, warframe, anything that you can kill S#&$e with basically. I'm still working my way there. I'm proud to say that I haven't done Draco in over 9 months. Another big thing to keep yourself going I'd say is to rank all new content from now on legitimately rather than farming Draco. It really does feel more satisfying and fun at the same time.

Edited by Truth

1 hour ago, rawr1254 said:

Im just burntout from shoveling coal into the Mag/Volt rework hype train only for it to derail one it gets here :[

This.

I don't even know for how long have I been waiting for Volt's rework, I was already burning out back when Rebecca was kind enough to answer my insignificant "anything Volt?" question on devstream (because I had already asked it so many times that I didn't think writing another paragraph would make a difference).  And after seen "bring Volt up to Excalibur's level" and Steve's "We realised Volt is on a nice spot" I've only lost further hope on it.
Don't even log in anymore, just casualy looking at a DE's Twitter and the Forums...

Edited by Duduminador