Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which damage type is most usefull

dodorichard

Question

Again with the Madurai Focus tree, I am ranking up the passives - slash damage, puncture damage and impact damage

I know slash damage is be "best" overall damage type, but how would you rank them?

Which should I rank up first? Obviously in the end I will rank all up to max, but want to see how to prioritize.

6 answers to this question

Depends. Do you mean damage, or status procs? Impact is better than puncture for status, since high proc lets you lockdown a single target (or a group with a shotgun). Slash wins the status war, though, because bleed procs ignore armor and shields and are capable of obscene damage. My Chroma can score bleed procs with Dread for 47k damage per second for six seconds, totaling 282k damage bypassing all defenses.

In terms of raw damage, though, I'd say puncture > slash. Effective against armored targets, which are by far the hardest to kill. Everything else dies before a realistic comparison can be made between IPS damage types.

Depends upon what your typical setup is.

The best generalist damage type, ie, the one that you would want to run if you are playing alone against all factions, is Impact.

If you are typically running with 4x Corrosive Projection against Grineer or Corrupted, Slash is better, though Impact would be next after that, then Puncture.

If you are running against mostly Corpus, Impact. Puncture if against Grineer without Corrosive Projection, and Slash if you are against Infested.

Edited by YagoXiten

low-60 lvl enemies : slash work best, because enemy health and armor isnt that much

60-110:impact(cc) (slash still work.. if the enemy armor isnt too high)

110-endless: puncture(for your survival vs 1 shot enemy to certain degree ) / impact (cc)

With that in mind, slash always the first then puncture.. since impact mostly on cc you can ignore it or take it

Edited by TheFalseEclipse