Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos AkBoltos vs Twin Grakatas (Your Opinion)

Caseph

Question

Hey Guys! I'm deciding between these 2 weapons to get. I'm stuck between getting either of these and don't want to waste any plat/resources to get them. What weapon between these 2 do you guys prefer?

11 answers to this question

Telos Akbolto.  It's slightly harder to use, since like both the Bolto and Boltor, it fires an actual projectile at the target, which means leading your target, but the Truth proc is 1k Gas damage (and proc) to every thing in 25m of you, and heals you for 25% of your max health.  Plus Aim Glide and Wall Latch last longer, and your bullet jumps gain +25% distance.

Those are imo 2 totally different weapon types that can't really be compared. Its like choosing between the Latron and the Soma.

The Akboltos are your hard hitting semi-auto revolvers with travel time whereas the Twin Grakatas are simple crit based bullet hoses.

depends on what you want from your sidearm.

if you find yourself using primaries more, and just want a really fun sidearm, then the Twin Grakatas are awesome. they aren't bad weapons, but they ren't as good as others make them out to be, especially given the poor ammo economy. it is however very entertaining to unleash a tidal wave of lead on an unsuspecting lancer though, and few Secondaries hold a candle to the Grakatas' Fire rate.

if you need a more Practical sidearm, I would go Telos AkBolto because the Puncture is going to be very useful against Grineer, and they hit pretty hard. plus you also have the Syndicate Proc, which Procs gas and heals you, and that is VERY useful in harder content.

I prefer Telos AkBolto more, as I like my pistols to have stopping power, and you also get the healing benefit. but I still like the Grakatas for those days where you just want to feel like an Action Hero, spraying bullets everywhere in spectacular fashion.

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

if you find yourself using primaries more, and just want a really fun sidearm, then the Twin Grakatas are awesome.

I'd actually invert this.  Twin Grakatas are what I use when I need my secondary weapon to be able to fulfil the role of being my primary weapon.

I'm in the Twin Grakatas team. They have almost no recoil (unlike primary Grakata) so it is very easy to score headshots across the room. And it just shreds through everything in a fraction of second. Very fun to use, high damage output and HUGE max ammo. However if you want to use it in place of your primary then the Ammo Mutation is a must.

Twin Grakatas

+ Insanely high fire-rate, thus great DPS output

+ Very little recoil

- Very poor ammo efficiency, literally have to sacrifice a slot to put Ammo Mutation mod to effectively / constantly using it

Telos Akbolto

+ Decent base damage (puncture-based to be exact), more viable for long-run missions among the 2 secondaries

+ Syndicate Truth effect (25m-AoE Gas damage), amazingly effective when clearing a group of enemies

- Projectile bullets & semi-auto trigger, may take time to adjust playstyle / learn using it

Really depends what you're looking for & your playstyle.

As always, I suggest trying both out to see what suits you (as well as gaining the mastery points).

But if I have to choose, definitely Telos Akbolto. The AoE syndicate effect just hands down wins my vote.

Edited by SpryCrow

Which is better at football a dolphin or a banana?

You're comparing diametrically different secondaries. Take Grakatas if you want a full auto good dps weapon. Take akbolto if you can aim and need an occasional area clear and HP restore.