Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Nekros Help

Nahin

Question

So I just finished building Nekros and I wanted you to share your knowledge with me about various things about him!
What weapons should I aim to get to work best with him (primary, secondary, melee),both starting and ''endgame'' ones?
What about the mods? I know Nekros is here for the drops but I want him to last in survival and defense. I dont want my team to just do all the work!
I will surely try a few things on my own, but I wanted your opinions too! 
Thanks in advance! 

6 answers to this question

I mainly uses nekros for farmbot until i tries to build him for hours-long void defense recently, 

its mostly useful on making sandbags on late defense mission where frost bubble falloff, 

i ran on 180%  power strength + simaris mods along with about 160ish% duration which gives giving me about two-dozen copies of bombards, nullifier and heavy gunner along with those shield drones filling the area with clustercrap of stuff while blocking every bullets, this can be further improved if you had loka ancient specters which will buff those shadow making it almost unkillable in most case.

the build however sacrifice range which made terrify rather bad, still however it will strip about a half of the affected mob armor while a guarantee it will run away,

if you like doing daily scan mission try getting new simaris mods, 

you can try to get +50% pwrstr on energy orb pickup and +450 armor on health orb pickup which really works well with nekros abilities and augs.

The mods depend on what you wanna do with him.

The easy path is using him as farmbot. Just max range and efficiency and spam desecrate. Add duration to use terrify as well. Use whatever weapons you like. Slash weapons are favorable. Avoid using corrusion (disolves corpses-nothing to desecrate)

A shadow build is a little more tricky. Quite strong tho. His shadows need a lotta stats, from strength, to casting speed (slow), to strength (influences theyr strength and number). - a good way to build for this is in combination with despoil and equilibrium-

*Despoil eats health from desecrate instead of energy and desecrate generates healthorbs by default. Using this combination makes desecrate quite the strong energy management tool as equilibrium gives you additional energy for health orbs and vice versa.

Advantage to this is that you don't need efficiency at all. You can easily slam blind rage R8-9 (makes shadows cost 145-150 energy) onto him and you don't need to use fleeting expertise, what would have a negative impact on your duration. Evrything else is up to you.

Me personall, i use vitality, blind rage r8, despoil, equilibrium, narrow mindet max, prime con max, stretch and eather shield of shadows or transient max on him (depending on the length of the game. I use naramon and melee so i'm covered in longer games. Quite decent in fact as the shadows pull the aggro away from you... Shield is quite the good defense in shorter ones tho). Speed drift as exilus mod. But build however feels concinient to you. Less duration, less range, more ???, anything goes.

For the weapons: anything with high burst damage. You need to kill to generate shadows (you or your shadows in fact. Recent change.)

I can recommend bows, shotguns, charged weapons or launchers as primary weapons, the synoid gammacor or other high dps weapons as secondarys and heavy weapons for melee.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Weapons-wise you usually want high slash damage, as it chops up the bodies and creates more to desecrate. Tigris, or better yet sancti Tigris are great for the desecrate build. 

I use him usually for farming and survival. He works really well in this niche, but haven't used him really outside of these extensively. 

As stated by Ashrah, natural talent is a huge boost especially with a shadows or desecrate build. Desecrate and Shadows have a long cast time, and you still take damage while casting. It gives you time to cast and move away as he is kind of squishy. 

depends on what you want to use him as. as others have stated, most Nekros users will go for a desecrate build for farming Purposes. range, efficiency and slash weapons like the Tigris are all you need. Despoil is also great too.

if you want to go for a Shadows Build, I'd go Strength and Duration. Efficiency has it's place, but I use Zenurik so that isn't a problem for me. the Shield of Shadows Augment also helps a ton with his survivability, as Nekros is quite squishy without it.  with the augment though, if you can keep shadows up you can be a lot more durable, plus you have Shadows to draw agro for you.

Natural Talent is also a must, due to that incredibly slow casting speed. if you're in a defense, cast Shadows between waves just before enemies show up, with enough duration they will still encounter and damage a lot of enemies before they disappear.

other Tips:

- Terrify is an excellent Panic button, use it when you are cornered. I call it the "F-off button" because that's pretty much what it is.

- Nekros desecrates each chunk of a slashed enemy, so you can get more desecrates if you cut them up with a slash weapon

- you can desecrate your own Shadows after they run out, useful if nobody else is around.

- you look Stylish as F--- if you bring a Scythe, especially the Hate. Nekros isn't really a Melee-centric frame, so as long as you have a decent Primary you'll be OK to bring whatever you want. you can always settle for Hatchets like the Dual Raza/Kamas if you need something better for chopping people up.

Nekros is WF's #1 farming frame, he's your best option when you need resources.

I like to maximize range for desecrate.

Energy Siphon

Quick Thinking / Over Extended / Stretch / Despoil

Streamline / Fleeting Expertise r3 / Natural Talent / Intensify

Desecrate is the focus of this build; with it you can stand at the pod in void tower defense and still reach the main spawn doorway.  Natural talent is vital to keeping the casting animation of desecrate to a minimum.  Power strength doesn't determine desecrate's reroll percentage, but it does determine the number of shadows you raise, which is why I prefer intensify over any duration mod.  Shadows are only casted when a teammate goes down or the pod is in trouble.  Quick Thinking is all you'll need to survive as desecrate will cause health orbs to drop everywhere, but feel free to cast terror in a crisis, that'll take the agro off you.