Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is this Tonkor build enough?

raaaaay.c

Question

9 answers to this question

is tonkor enough

yes, it's the tonkor dude

I don't recommend either modding it for status nor gas. You'll barelly get one gas proc per clip (0.9/clip on the impact (really negligible damage) and 0.9/clip on the explosion).

keeping the magazine warp, i'd replace hammer shot by vital sense and hellfire by stormbringer (for armored targets and infested) or cryo rounds (corpus and unarmored targets). If you can squeeze a last forma you could also replace malignant force with infected clip.

If you really insist on having it status+gas, I can't see any way of improving your current build.

EDIT : I made the math for magasine warp vs primed fast hands (in bullets/second counting reload time): 

-if you don't reload instantly after the last shot, primed fast hands is better if you have it at least 9/10

-if you reload manually and cancel the recoil animation after the last shot, primed fast hands is better if you have it at least 6/10

Of course it would require another forma.

Note on the other guys builds : firestorm is more targets = more damage(unless you shoot a vortex), and critical delay reduces significantly your dps (mag wrap is WAY better)

full heashots :

mag wrap -> crit delay : x0.85 dps

mag wrap -> argon scope : x1.15 dps

Edited by vazerd68
typo and some maths behind the curtains

Pretty much most of what everyone else said. Go serrration, split chamber, then 2 elementals (usually for corrosive) and then the 2 crit mods- point strike and vital sense. That's really what you do with any crit weapon.

You will have 2 slot left over. First you should consider heavy caliber- it will add a lot of damage, but I've heard a lot of players say that they don't like the accuracy loss on the tonkor and it does enough without it.

For the last 1(or 2 if you don't want heavy caliber) you can really do whatever you want or even leave it open if you don't want to add more forma.

Thanks all of you !  Now I modded with  Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, infected clip , storm bringer , Malignant Force with (fast hand/ mag wrap/firestorm), and will forma one more later on :D  

Edited by Raymonduui

1 hour ago, rawr1254 said:

Get rid of firestorm

Hell no. Firestorm almost doubles the blast area (+91%). Everyone should decide for himself if he wants a bit more damage in a smaller radius or doubling the nukezone, but its definitely not a plain "get rid of it". 

44 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

Hell no. Firestorm almost doubles the blast area (+91%). Everyone should decide for himself if he wants a bit more damage in a smaller radius or doubling the nukezone, but its definitely not a plain "get rid of it". 

Firestorm is useful for tonkor this kind explosive weapon and greater radius for cc (at least I will put firestorm when I am in infested mission) 

Edited by Raymonduui

Get rid of firestorm, mag wrap, and hammer shot.  Add vital sense and change to corrosive dmg instead of gas also add Heavy caliber if you can. And if you wanna try and get them argon scope or bladed rounds.

But if you wanna kinda half effort the build then just change it to corrosive and add at least the vital sense mod. The crit dmg is vital to it being good.(No pun intended)

Edited by rawr1254