Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

9 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Oh look. Someone that can't use their guns at all. Seriously- if you died to level 15-20 enemies it's because you never learned to do anything but press 2, not because mag is bad. She's OP as hell now. Wait for the ACTUAL nerf, because she got nothing but buffs.

This change was nothing but a nerf. Don't act all high and mighty. How is removing scaling a buff? Explain. 

Just now, Viking3206 said:

Don't even get me started on how horrible her Ult is still, it's one of the slowest casts in the game for literally no payoff besides a weak flat damage AoE, with no other utility than to do something you can do with a Plethora of more Weapons more efficiently without using energy, and in less time than her Ult does, without being a sitting duck to be nuked by heavy gunners or bombards or whatever

Dont forget that crush still has the odd 18m base range rather than 25m off most significant cc abilities.

Just now, rawr1254 said:

So noobs only can understand nuke frames that do all the work for them? Also magnetize can reach very high numbers with any weapon.

Answer the question: Are Ivara and Mesa starter toons?

They're not.

So, you rather rework completely one of the most popular frames in the game -- because it was a starter toon FOR YEARS -- to be an elitist?

This is the Loki situation all over again, but after the effect due to late changes.

5 minutes ago, -CM-Nobody said:

This change was nothing but a nerf. Don't act all high and mighty. How is removing scaling a buff? Explain. 

I was not aware that her shield polarize no longer did a % of the shields (which I think was a mistake. It should have been reduced not removed). And the reason I was unaware is because it was not included when the patch notes originally released- and I was too busy laughing my &#! off about how overpowered magnetize is now to worry about an ability I was under the assumption would not lose it's % scaling arbitrarily despite every devstream showing it off before having that not be the case.

My bad- but even still level 15-20 enemies should not be able to kill the guy I'm replying to. Especially with that Tonkor he's claiming he was using. If he was- there's bigger issues at play than mag "being nerfed" and my point on that still stands.

1 minute ago, Stratego89 said:

I was not aware that her shield polarize no longer did a % of the shields (which I think was a mistake. It should have been reduced not removed). And the reason I was unaware is because it was not included when the patch notes originally released- and I was too busy laughing my &#! off about how overpowered magnetize is now to worry about an ability I was under the assumption would not lose it's % scaling arbitrarily despite every devstream showing it off before having that not be the case.

My bad- but even still level 15-20 enemies should not be able to kill the guy I'm replying to. Especially with that Tonkor he's claiming he was using. If he was- there's bigger issues at play than mag "being nerfed" and my point on that still stands.

So you're commenting from patch notes, even.

I rest my case.

1 minute ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

So you're commenting from patch notes, even.

I rest my case.

Yes because trusting patch notes makes me an idiot or something but you not being able to handle pathetic level 15-20 enemies proves "mag got ruined".

I should have known better than to even reply to someone who could think mag was ruined.

9 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Answer the question: Are Ivara and Mesa starter toons?

They're not.

So, you rather rework completely one of the most popular frames in the game -- because it was a starter toon FOR YEARS -- to be an elitist?

This is the Loki situation all over again, but after the effect due to late changes.

The whole point is they both require certain weapons and or mods to be good, not the fact that they arent starter frames. But if were gonna argue about that, Excalibur.

Interesting how you say she was a popular frame back in the day when all she was good for is fighting only the corpus or fueling ez mode mesas but w/e.

And as for loki idk what you mean by that.

Edited by rawr1254

24 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

yeah,.... clarity of skill descriptions has been pretty bad..

After some more testing you don't need a fixed amount of damage, you need to kill the magnetized target to get the explosion.

Just now, Stratego89 said:

Yes because trusting patch notes makes me an idiot or something but you not being able to handle pathetic level 15-20 enemies proves "mag got ruined".

I should have known better than to even reply to someone who could think mag was ruined.

Moral: test it yourself instead of trying to be book smart.

You also can't read, because I was doing the Alert all solo and with a numb hand ... but Mag died STANDING ON A HEALTH PAD STILL!

5 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

The whole point is they both require certain weapons and or mods to be good, not the fact that they arent starter frames. But if were gonna argue about that, Excalibur.

Interesting how you say she was a popular frame back in the day when all she was good for is fighting only the corpus or fueling ez mode mesas but w/e.

And as for loki idk what you mean by that.

(I love these guys who want to make a point but still clueless).

Where's the starting zone for new players, rawr?

Now how long does it take to even see Corpus on Mag, again?

...Yeah...

1 minute ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

(I love these guys who want to make a point but still clueless).

Where's the starting zone for new players, rawr?

Now how long does it take to even see Corpus on Mag, again?

...Yeah...

So you're mad that shes now useful against the first two factions a new player goes up against...

baby-gifconfused-gifidkgood-luck-charlie

1 minute ago, rawr1254 said:

So you're mad that shes now useful against the first two factions a new player goes up against...

baby-gifconfused-gifidkgood-luck-charlie

Can you focus on the subject on hand and not bicker like children? That goes to everyone here that's not focusing on the Mag Reworks, Take it somewhere else

1 minute ago, Viking3206 said:

Can you focus on the subject on hand and not bicker like children? That goes to everyone here that's not focusing on the Mag Reworks, Take it somewhere else

We're still keeping about mag its just some people just dont like change

Don't know if anyone has said this or if DE has responded to this type of comment before but does magnetize have to have an enemy target in order for it to work? If it was a aoe targetable ability like Limbo's Cataclysm you could use it to deflect bullets coming at you while getting a friend up from dying or use it in a hallway to keep the enemies shooting themselves. How long does bullets last in the area anyway? Can you store bullets in the area and then if an enemy comes into the area the ability will make the bullets inside the orb attack the target?

1 hour ago, Viking3206 said:

There's good change and then there's bad change, and this, is a horrid change, actually read what I posted before and I want to see your arguments against them

It's a bad change because it changed her completely.

This isn't a stat/ability nerf (like with Trinity), it's a complete rework in even how she plays (I went out with Trinity and she played as always, nothing changed of how her abilities worked).

Burst replaced with Duration now, with nothing to compensate for the loss of DPS for Corpus (went from 289% Power Strength to 200% with duration build, and now dies on Corpus). So in essence she's nerfed in Power Strength on top of losing energy like a sieve.

So what she was good at in burst damage, is gone now.

Clearly a Sortie pass, that isn't translating well in solo play.

4 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

This isn't a stat/ability nerf (like with Trinity), it's a complete rework in even how she plays (I went out with Trinity and she played as always, nothing changed of how her abilities worked).

Burst replaced with Duration now, with nothing to compensate for the loss of DPS for Corpus (went from 289% Power Strength to 200% with duration build, and now dies on Corpus). So in essence she's nerfed in Power Strength on top of losing energy like a sieve.

I meant what I said when she is literally just Vauban but worse in every single way possible, she lost the one thing she did better than any other frame and now she's just a useless waste of a loadout slot

I can't stress how much more I'd be okay with the reworks if polarize did a scaled percentage of shield / armour damage, or even better, completely remove armour and shield, without having to nuke all of the enemies at once, and rework her ult ability to be able to be more useful, because as it stands, crush is one of the most useless ults in the game, if they did that she actually would be balanced against both factions and be very useful in higher level play as well as lower level play, it's so obvious I don't see why DE thought it was a good idea not to do this in the first place

Edited by Viking3206

2 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Blessing for trinity is nothing like what it was, in a group of 4 people your lucky to get a DR higher than 55% which is horrid, in solo its fine but in groups it makes trin useless as survival buff.

Haven't played enough to comment on the individual abilities yet, but I would like to see more uses for the shrapnels outside of Magnetize.

For example:

• Pull also draws in any shrapnel in range to Mag, similar to Greedy Pull. This lets her relocate the shrapnel outside Magnetize range and into the ones she wants to enhance damage over time.
  • Crush causes all shrapnel in range to be attracted to the closest affected enemies, dealing bonus damage.

2 minutes ago, Viking3206 said:

I meant what I said when she is literally just Vauban but worse in every single way possible, she lost the one thing she did better than any other frame and now she's just a useless waste of a loadout slot

She's not viable as a weird DPS/CC frame like that, w-a-y too squishy. I couldn't take the change and switched back to Loki afterwards. It is b-a-d.

It's one thing to change stats (can live with the ups/downs of those), but she's a completely different frame now. That's not why I picked her, picked her for her quick burst damage.