The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

Well, there isn't much that need be said anymore, now is there? A high gun-damaging frame, maybe a male gun buffing verion of mesa, and if we were an alternative then all of the abilites would have to be changed and or altered...that's about it

Edited by Wolfnrun

2 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

Well, there isn't much that need be said anymore, now is there? A high gun-damaging frame, maybe a male gun buffing verion of mesa, and if we were an alternative then all of the abilites would have to be changed and or altered...that's about it

Interestingly, we are still at a point where many feel Volt's kit still doesn't have the synergy needed to make him effective and warrant his identity and many also feel he still doesn't have that defining power in terms of damage or CC.

Meanwhile, over at the other "starter" frame megathread ?, there has been a rash of posts with testing and feedback showing that Mag is a synergy-stacking, enemy-debuffing femme fatale MONSTER to the point that some are saying magnetize is the new "shield polarize" and is OP.

I am envious due to the comparative, current state of the two as I see it IMHO...always respectful and constructive in my responses:

MAG: A redefined, synergistic kit that is almost TOO powerful and more closely fits her theme as initially envisioned.

VOLT: A redefined, cost-restrictive and somewhat compromising kit that lacks power and still hasn't hit the mark in terms of theme.

I'm not trying to commiserate.  I'm asking if my fellow Voltites also see it that way?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I am envious due to the comparative, current state of the two as I see it IMHO...always respectful and constructive in my responses:

MAG: A redefined, synergistic kit that is almost TOO powerful and more closely fits her theme as initially envisioned.

VOLT: A redefined, cost-restrictive and somewhat compromising kit that lacks power and still hasn't hit the mark in terms of theme.

I'm not trying to commiserate.  I'm asking if my fellow Voltites also see it that way?

Nope! I see it this way as well! :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Interestingly, we are still at a point where many feel Volt's kit still doesn't have the synergy needed to make him effective and warrant his identity and many also feel he still doesn't have that defining power in terms of damage or CC.

Meanwhile, over at the other "starter" frame megathread ?, there has been a rash of posts with testing and feedback showing that Mag is a synergy-stacking, enemy-debuffing femme fatale MONSTER to the point that some are saying magnetize is the new "shield polarize" and is OP.

One point: Mag was a bit like old Excalibur, spamming one particular move to cause all of her havoc.  Today she's almost good enough that I want to use her DESPITE years of loathing her pathetic guts.  She finally feels like she can go by herself against anything.

On the other hand, Volt is the 'Frame of mitigating circumstances, including his own.  He's about equally meh against everything, and he doesn't feel like running on his own is as plausible (outside of the one build he's had for years).

Mind you, both cases are with years worth of mod farming.  I don't even want to know what base Volt would be like to start.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

i see it too

4 hours ago, Cytobel said:

One point: Mag was a bit like old Excalibur, spamming one particular move to cause all of her havoc.  Today she's almost good enough that I want to use her DESPITE years of loathing her pathetic guts.  She finally feels like she can go by herself against anything.

On the other hand, Volt is the 'Frame of mitigating circumstances, including his own.  He's about equally meh against everything, and he doesn't feel like running on his own is as plausible (outside of the one build he's had for years).

Mind you, both cases are with years worth of mod farming.  I don't even want to know what base Volt would be like to start.

To be fair, Voltites can be a a demanding bunch with considerably different visions for an ideal Volt rework.

My ideal Volt is a "strafe frame" where his Passive is the ability to fast-cast other powers with speed active with zero slow-down; time it on the run and nuketown everything as a devastating blur.

Others want a true alternative to Gunplay.

Others want a super-CC frame tied to shock-stun-knockdown timers.

Others want a damage-dealing Monster.

DE gave us the really cool and fairly easy to implement (on their part) Riot shield that will go largely unused due to current restrictions.

And I've probably missed some...but to be in Mag's "predicament" would be nice, indeed.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

To be fair, Voltites can be a a demanding bunch with considerably different visions for an ideal Volt rework.

My ideal Volt is a "strafe frame" where his Passive is the ability to fast-cast other powers with speed active with zero slow-down; time it on the run and nuketown everything as a devastating blur.

DE gave us the really cool and fairly easy to implement (on their part) Riot shield that will go largely unused due to current restrictions.

And I've probably missed some...but to be in Mag's "predicament" would be nice, indeed.

Yup! annnd I think im in the "damage-dealing monster" party! :laugh: including a true alternative to guns...

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

i want all of the above!

6 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I don't really want Volt to stand out as a damage monster or a cc beast, I just want him to actually do what he's trying to do. I would certainly love to see any of these, or a combination, or maybe even a weird utility frame, I would be ecstatic, but it's not something I demand. I just want him to shine. The ridiculous number of restrictions and his overly lackluster passive just mean he can't actually do what he's trying to do. He can't CC well, he can't do damage, he can't riot shield, and he definitely can't do any of the above if he wants speed to be remotely viable. So all we have is a speed-booster with an occasional stationary crit boost and minor cc. Which actually sounds way better than it really is now that I think about it. 

Somebody dangled the "percentile health damage" carrot in front of us, and I'm still hoping for that.  I'd totally forgive the slightly spotty targeting and weird duration hiccups on Discharge if I KNEW it was going to take a fair chunk out of whatever it sunk claws into.  That's the "damage" aspect I'd like.

More electric procs (charged ES and maybe part of a reworked passive) would mostly cover my needs for more CCs.  All I could add is a scaling knockdown chance on Shock, so that Strength builds get a bit more out of what they throw.  That feels right.

The only thing I miss about old Speed is the aim glide speed boost.  That I want back.

I guess my vision for an ideal Volt is more like a very responsive and focused area denial 'Frame with long-range answers to threats.  Since it's my ideal, I'd also like to feel like my weapons are superfluous, even gratuitous.  I want to feel like I can kill with my abilities while unarmed, even if my actual damage isn't tremendous.

I wonder which category that puts me in?

6 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I like volt as being an offense / defense type frame, where you have damage for offense and CC and electric shield for defense. I like his current kit, with the exception of the issues with riot shield. Not mag like kit in terms of synergy and theme, but I don't use him like that anyway. Not that I'd complain if his abilities got a bit better and more sunergized. 

The only thing "mobility" based about him are his passive and his 2. I don't use his 2 often, as I tend to be a mobile sniper of sorts. (I like using my dread for both actual sniping and point blank faceshots. Depends on the situation.) so I guess I use volt to compliment my playstyle- recklessly offensive, yet tactically defensive. 

5 hours ago, Cytobel said:

I guess my vision for an ideal Volt is more like a very responsive and focused area denial 'Frame with long-range answers to threats.  Since it's my ideal, I'd also like to feel like my weapons are superfluous, even gratuitous.  I want to feel like I can kill with my abilities while unarmed, even if my actual damage isn't tremendous.

I wonder which category that puts me in?

5 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

I like volt as being an offense / defense type frame, where you have damage for offense and CC and electric shield for defense. I like his current kit, with the exception of the issues with riot shield. Not mag like kit in terms of synergy and theme, but I don't use him like that anyway. Not that I'd complain if his abilities got a bit better and more sunergized.

Technically speaking, lotus her-self said volt is a versatile warrior, so if somehow someway he can defend and punish just like frost in some way shape or form...We would all be appeased as we would have more building options available 

Edited by Wolfnrun

3 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

Technically speaking, lotus her-self said volt is a versatile warrior, so if somehow someway he can defend and punish just like frost in some way shape or form...We would all be appeased as we would have more building options available 

And here is where DE could help make him more versatile from a game-design perspective, along with Zephyr and a few others.

His speed should be a defining factor in taking and maintaining strategic points on a map.

Unfortunately, 3 things work against speed frames, and especially Volt.

1.  Easy requirements allow for generalized builds to accomplish almost any goal when it comes to distance.

With Volt's lower base speed, and and a lack of difficulty, what need there is for speed can be covered by mods and higher base speed with the entirety of your warframe library.

2.  Map size.

You can go fast and cover distance, but maps mostly favor the mob-shooting dungeon crawl.

3.  Mission types.

There really isn't a need or sense of urgency to utilize speed, even if made more exclusive.

There are no timed challenges with chaining mini-goals that necessitate speed.  The closest thing, honestly, is MR tests.

The word "versatility/versatile" is used , but that term denotes multiple specializations to fulfill multiple needs... It denotes effectiveness.

The word that SHOULD be there, if being true to Volt's current state is "variety/varied" or "diverse".  He's not really any more versatile than any other frame, and is LESS versatile towards endgame, becoming very build restrictive.

Much like "complement" should replace "alternative" to gunplay.

FIN

16 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

The only thing "mobility" based about him are his passive and his 2. I don't use his 2 often, as I tend to be a mobile sniper of sorts. (I like using my dread for both actual sniping and point blank faceshots. Depends on the situation.) so I guess I use volt to compliment my playstyle- recklessly offensive, yet tactically defensive. 

an equinox with out being an equinox, lol.

On 5/27/2016 at 4:45 PM, Satinpuppies said:

I used to be able to take volt into corpus sorties and keep up damage wise with the old mag. Now I can't even clear a room in a t2-t3 tower with his ult ;/

Please tell me i'm not the only one.

=======

Volt's tweaked ultimate is a massive CC and it turns any enemy hit to a tesla, arcing electric damage to nearby enemies. I clear T4 rooms with his rework and what doesn't die outright, is stun locked for the duration. Maybe you should try a strength and duration build.

2 hours ago, (PS4)True_Gamer_81 said:

Volt's tweaked ultimate is a massive CC and it turns any enemy hit to a tesla, arcing electric damage to nearby enemies. I clear T4 rooms with his rework and what doesn't die outright, is stun locked for the duration. Maybe you should try a strength and duration build.

You need to qualify "T4".  Roll your build at the 40-60 min mark?

Sorties?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You need to qualify "T4".  Roll your build at the 40-60 min mark?

Sorties?

I can confirm that high Strength and Duration does work, even at Sortie levels.  HOWEVER, I strongly advise against Blind Rage.  You wind up with a case of diminishing returns.

I run Power Drift and Transient Fortitude without a need for more Strength.  After all, it's not like you'll really KILL anything with your moves.  That's something the good 'Frames do, and Volt isn't that.  I find I need high Range, decent Duration, okay Strength, and 170% Efficiency.  Seriously, minimum of 145% Range and 170% Efficiency.  Build from that point, and try out Capacitance.

You aren't effective, but you CAN CC, and you CAN survive.  Git gud, and you make it through.  Use other 'Frames if you want the Sortie to go smoothly, or if you're afraid of dying a lot.

I love Volt, he's just not doing much yet.  Too many cooks spoiled the redesign, but it's sort of headed in the right direction.

Now, if DE will just finish up this U19 thing this year we can get back to ACTUALLY FINISHING THE VOLT REWORK, lol.  <----I mostly kid there.  Mostly.

2 hours ago, Cytobel said:

Now, if DE will just finish up this U19 thing this year we can get back to ACTUALLY FINISHING THE VOLT REWORK, lol.  <----I mostly kid there.  Mostly.

^ Yes....I'm twiddling my thumbs waitng for more 

Spoiler

This doesn't qualify as a rework, we were told a rework is coming...Still waiting...patienlty...

Edited by Wolfnrun

3 hours ago, Cytobel said:

I can confirm that high Strength and Duration does work, even at Sortie levels.  HOWEVER, I strongly advise against Blind Rage.  You wind up with a case of diminishing returns.

I run Power Drift and Transient Fortitude without a need for more Strength.  After all, it's not like you'll really KILL anything with your moves.  That's something the good 'Frames do, and Volt isn't that.  I find I need high Range, decent Duration, okay Strength, and 170% Efficiency.  Seriously, minimum of 145% Range and 170% Efficiency.  Build from that point, and try out Capacitance.

You aren't effective, but you CAN CC, and you CAN survive.  Git gud, and you make it through.  Use other 'Frames if you want the Sortie to go smoothly, or if you're afraid of dying a lot.

I love Volt, he's just not doing much yet.  Too many cooks spoiled the redesign.

Wow, with that build, you must have the patience of a saint and go in with ranged weapons and shields in mind.

I tend to run 200% Power Str with 100% in everything else right now with max Redirection max Primed Flow and max Vitality. I'll swap between rage and power drift and run a 1.45 base speed.  My sentinel's Shield Regen saves me multiple times.

As you have implied, Capacitance is a lot like Riot Shield-it is a nice concept but just doesn't have the juice to warrant the squeeze as enemies scale.  I need that mod slot.

Hopefully, I get to Naramon Invisicrit to expand my role.

Once I get to Sorties 2,3 however, most modes just cause Volt's kit to collapse in the face of other options.

Frost's defense/cc outshines.

Mesa's/Ash's damage outshines.

Nyx's/Nova's CC is superior.

Just a few examples.  I'm not asking to usurp another frame's role, but if unique mechanics via his kit can't be found to make him high-end beneficial, I'd at least like to be comparable in one of the "standard role" areas.

8 minutes ago, Dante123pl said:

wish volt had 2 step ultimate like inaros 

when you hold 4 you buff urself and that could be charge up animation u-u

I wonder when the volt rework is going to come?

Spoiler

Yes, I said it 

1 minute ago, Wolfnrun said:

I wonder when the volt rework is going to come?

Hide contents

Yes, I said it 

well he need rework of rework cause current 1 is just garbage,  movable shield that simply you cant use due to amount of energy it drains

or just boring ultimate that just has longer stun

9 minutes ago, Dante123pl said:

well he need rework of rework cause current 1 is just garbage,  movable shield that simply you cant use due to amount of energy it drains

or just boring ultimate that just has longer stun

I am going to quote  Shik Tal from G3 as to what we know and think of the rework "Boooriiinnnggg!"  so boring, nothing intresting, nothing doable, nothing changed for the better, just a little bit...just a little change...only discharge got better then the old overload...that's it....OH! and no infinite shields...GAH! the struggle is real!!! 

Edited by Wolfnrun