Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

I'm not going to expect Volt to see any further attention until after the new faerie 'Frame drops.  He's got some builds that sort of work, and DE is still in churn mode trying to crank out and tune content for U19.  I hate being "on the back burner", but I understand it.

Also, Kavats have pacified me for now.  We need a bit of a minimap update on Archwing too, and a better way to control roll, so I can see a delay on finishing Volt's rebuild as completely acceptable.  For now.

1 hour ago, Cytobel said:

I'm not going to expect Volt to see any further attention until after the new faerie 'Frame drops.  He's got some builds that sort of work, and DE is still in churn mode trying to crank out and tune content for U19.  I hate being "on the back burner", but I understand it.

Also, Kavats have pacified me for now.  We need a bit of a minimap update on Archwing too, and a better way to control roll, so I can see a delay on finishing Volt's rebuild as completely acceptable.  For now.

Nekros prime access has got me excited, not sure if there will be any further changes but lets give it some time...again 

I liked the general changes, but the passive doesn't feel like it packs a punch in general situations (you have to walk A LOT to reach +500, for example) and also the mobile shield thing doesn't feel THAT great because of energy consumption, you almost always want to combo grabbing a shield with speed to ram the maximum ammount of enemies, but that also drains all of your energy!

The ultimate is a great crowd control tool and it also gives additional use for the first skill (if I'm not mistaken), so he got a nice balance towards synergy, but maybe he still hasn't reached his optimal form!

2 hours ago, Dan1lo said:

I liked the general changes, but the passive doesn't feel like it packs a punch in general situations (you have to walk A LOT to reach +500, for example) and also the mobile shield thing doesn't feel THAT great because of energy consumption, you almost always want to combo grabbing a shield with speed to ram the maximum ammount of enemies, but that also drains all of your energy!

The ultimate is a great crowd control tool and it also gives additional use for the first skill (if I'm not mistaken), so he got a nice balance towards synergy, but maybe he still hasn't reached his optimal form!

Yup! I am seeing that more now...not at max potential and such...Hmmm...We need more...

On 7/11/2016 at 2:59 AM, Aquasurge said:

we definitely do

It bugs be how some people just submit to it...then brush us off as not knowing what were talking about ( You already know...) ...I'm a bit worried about the number of volts out there...it's getting smaller

Edited by Wolfnrun

On 7/7/2016 at 5:35 PM, Wolfnrun said:

Still not at max potenital, we need waaay more than this...mag got abilitys replaced and there actually not that bad...we didn't even get an oppurtunity to really feel something amazing yet diffrent... Volt is still suffering...  I don't want to say R.I.P Volt but many are leaving volt and going with excalibur and mag... SIGH  not a good sign

I ain't going nowhere!! No matter how many new frames. Voltite for life!!! :')

On 7/7/2016 at 5:35 PM, Wolfnrun said:

Still not at max potenital, we need waaay more than this...mag got abilitys replaced and there actually not that bad...we didn't even get an oppurtunity to really feel something amazing yet diffrent... Volt is still suffering...  I don't want to say R.I.P Volt but many are leaving volt and going with excalibur and mag... SIGH  not a good sign

56 minutes ago, ZeroLiger said:

Awww! That warmed my heart! Ive had some people go against volt and me but no matter what, volt is amazing! lighting strikes from above! Corpus robotics will fear us when they see they us! Thank you everyone for all the volt love and feedback in this thread! I have a feeling this threads going to get locked and reviewd like the rhino megathread...Assuming every page is read, wow 46 pages! can you belive it? Volt forever! 

21 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

Awww! That warmed my heart! Ive had some people go against volt and me but no matter what, volt is amazing! lighting strikes from above! Corpus robotics will fear us when they see they us! Thank you everyone for all the volt love and feedback in this thread! I have a feeling this threads going to get locked and reviewd like the rhino megathread...Assuming every page is read, wow 46 pages! can you belive it? Volt forever! 

You know what I saw the other day?

I saw discharge chaining up to cameras on the ceiling...

Now I wonder if someone listened to me or if my game was bugged or if it was just me....

Just now, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Now I wonder if someone listened to me or if my game was bugged or if it was just me....

Hmmm...let me take a look-sy :smile: 

56 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

yes, it also seems to charge containers now, at least there's some visual effect...

sadly i also noticed shield prioritizing is still off... sometimes i did 2 things at the same time even: pressing x started hacking AND picked up the shield that was supposed to protect me while hacking XD ...

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

4 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

Didn't discharge always do that??? one time thing 

wow, if that escaped me for so long i'd be seriously surprised but maybe you're right :O ... could it be that the visual effect is new then at least?? wow i feel silly now XP

edit: you're right, it says so on the wiki XP

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

Just now, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

wow, if that escaped me for so long i'd be seriously surprised but maybe you're right :O ... could it be that the visual effect is new then at least?? wow i feel silly now XP

Hahaha! no worries! It was said that all containers will be charged and hit enemies within 4m but only to be able to do so once

Every hotfix ALWAYS double-check issues you had previously.  I've seen little tweaks here and there that weren't part of the reported changes for a while now.

Seems like Discharge has seen frequent tuning.  I'm able to get similar solid coverage within radius as it used to take a 190% Range build, but with just Stretch (remember how spotty targeting was within radius before?).  The thing is that I don't recall Discharge tweaking being mentioned in the update notes.

Just goes to show that you should always play Volt for a bit after every update, just to see if something was snuck in there.

Edited by Cytobel

57 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Every hotfix ALWAYS double-check issues you had previously.  I've seen little tweaks here and there that weren't part of the reported changes for a while now.

Seems like Discharge has seen frequent tuning.  I'm able to get similar solid coverage within radius as it used to take a 190% Range build, but with just Stretch (remember how spotty targeting was within radius before?).  The thing is that I don't recall Discharge tweaking being mentioned in the update notes.

Just goes to show that you should always play Volt for a bit after every update, just to see if something was snuck in there.

I wonder what else is in store...More surprises!!! 

On 5/27/2016 at 5:52 PM, Exodess said:

Looking at the changes to Mag and Volt reminds me of how they wrecked my Saryn. It really seems like they're spreading the exact same basic mechanics to different frames with only a mild difference in flavor, without concern to the "role" those frames play or even regard to whether other frames with the same abilities can do more or better (Nova, the ultimate nuker with powerful CC, comes to mind when comparing these 3.)

Now, if this is the direction that DE is going for for all frames, I would understand and tolerate it as a universal nerf, but the problem is they are nerfing the weakest tiered frames firstand this makes absolutely no sense by any stretch of the imagination.

If you still want to claim that the new overlord Saryn got "nerfed" go talk to Rob from AGGP. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

If you still want to claim that the new overlord Saryn got "nerfed" go talk to Rob from AGGP. 

But the health...the abilities aren't much different, but the health she lost...it was wrong :_( 

Now saryn is in that middle range between squishy and tanky...but more on the squishy side for me it feels...

Just now, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

But the health...the abilities aren't much different, but the health she lost...it was wrong :_( 

Now saryn is in that middle range between squishy and tanky...but more on the squishy side for me it feels...

Toxic Lash+ Block? Use a whip for uber range. Or a Tonbo. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

Toxic Lash+ Block? Use a whip for uber range. Or a Tonbo. 

Really? You came back with the "fine as is" response? 

Ok, let's add in your statements to the equation of Toxic lash being able to be better and see where that goes.

Toxic lash decreases damage  taken by 60% while blocking, hopefully making up for the damage you take from enemies doing stuff behind you.

And some weapons increase range.

Oh wow, look, the ability is so perfect now, how did I not ever see that? 

Gosh, when you gave examples of situational solutions that don't always apply in every situation or may not be favorable and do nothing to make the ability as a whole better, my whole veiw of Toxic lash changed. (i assume because you are talking about weapons for no good reason)

Molt dies too fast.

Spores is on a timer and barely stays up for very long to even warrant the timer unless you use an ignis or some such thing.

And miasma is the only cc ability saryn has to help keep her alive.

T.o.x.I.c.

I'm sorry about that...it was kind of off point too.

health lost. I don't like it. Spreading spores and wiping the map with miasma is fine if it works, but 200 health lost leaves my saryn feeling squishy. Could I use steel fiber? Maybe, but I choose not to.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Mmmm....lets talk about volt. Im getting off topic.

Saryn gripes belong in Saryn threads.  Also, who freaking cares about health?  I run a Volt with 300 health and significantly less armor, no sweat.  There are so damn many ways to heal now that it boggles the mind.

Look, if you're running ANYTHING that's low on health, bring a Sentinel and Medi-Ray, Life Strike, any augment that gets you more effective healing, and/or Arcane Grace (assuming you have the armor for it).

That aside, yes it bugs me that "low-tier" Warframes are seeing some degree of increased marginalization (depending on the case and viewpoint).  It bothers me FAR MORE that we can actually tier Warframes.  Ideally there shouldn't be any goddamn tier-ing of a game's characters EVER, and ESPECIALLY NOT in a game that tries to pretend there is a viable PVP mode.

Look, I know we all have our preferred 'Frame, and I understand that we all feel some degree of passion about what's being done with (or to) that 'Frame.  Just look at my posts in this thread.  However, please consider the topic at hand and limit arguments with regards to other 'Frames to on-point examples.

An example might be to point out how Saryn and Volt are both complete energy hogs, but how Saryn has SOME answers to that problem, or how squishy both 'Frames can be/are and how that affects their actual roles (given the skew towards melee for both).

50 minutes ago, Soridian said:

Been trying to look into the interaction beetween discharge and shock, it's mentioned on the wiki but not very detailed. Can anyone clue me in on how true aoe is supposed to work?

well, asides from your "how true aoe is supposed to work" question: the main "synergy between Discharge and Shock" is IMO unfortunately just that, since you cannot damage enemies currently affected by one Discharge with another directly - until the duration of the first Discharge affecting them expired on them - you'd need Shock if you rather want to attack them with another direct attack power-cast instead of a weapon/ Shocking Speed/ a new Discharge's victim near enough to them/ Riot Shield. but it seems like you get a better (but still somewhat meh) result out of attacking them with Shock while they are under the direct effects of Discharge at least. 

but from what i can tell this seems near redundant outside of low enough level environments where it doesn't matter all that much anyway - as most probably do it like me and attack Tesla-Coiled targets that are likely to survive a Discharge rather with a weapon (melee or otherwise) than trying to waste time and energy with potentially multiple Shock casts. 

11 hours ago, Cytobel said:

Saryn gripes belong in Saryn threads.  Also, who freaking cares about health?  I run a Volt with 300 health and significantly less armor, no sweat.  There are so damn many ways to heal now that it boggles the mind.

Look, if you're running ANYTHING that's low on health, bring a Sentinel and Medi-Ray, Life Strike, any augment that gets you more effective healing, and/or Arcane Grace (assuming you have the armor for it).

That aside, yes it bugs me that "low-tier" Warframes are seeing some degree of increased marginalization (depending on the case and viewpoint).  It bothers me FAR MORE that we can actually tier Warframes.  Ideally there shouldn't be any goddamn tier-ing of a game's characters EVER, and ESPECIALLY NOT in a game that tries to pretend there is a viable PVP mode.

Look, I know we all have our preferred 'Frame, and I understand that we all feel some degree of passion about what's being done with (or to) that 'Frame.  Just look at my posts in this thread.  However, please consider the topic at hand and limit arguments with regards to other 'Frames to on-point examples.

An example might be to point out how Saryn and Volt are both complete energy hogs, but how Saryn has SOME answers to that problem, or how squishy both 'Frames can be/are and how that affects their actual roles (given the skew towards melee for both).

Volt and Saryn are my favs, I didn't want to get off topic, but I am passionate about a lot of things...

I vow from now on to be entirely on topic.