The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

Sorry to disagree but overload in my opinion was not a good ability. The amount of damage delivered was just too low and had no cc. Warframe gameplay, for me starts when enemies hit lvl 80+. Anything below that is just a grind. After lvl 80, skill is starting to become a factor in your gameplay. So having a push to kill ability at those levels would be anticlimactic, op, almost like cheating. That's why current Volt is low in my wf list to choose from, aside from a speedy capture/sabotage, exactly like old Volt.

We brand each wf judging its perks. Nova is a crowd controller, Trinity is a team supporter, Chroma is solo killer, Volts is ......... mehh?! Cant really put my finger on what his purpose is, besides a fast runner. There are a lot better frames at shielding (frost), a lot better at killing (most), a lot better at cc (nova, banshee). And sorry im not a riot shield-run-around fan. I do like that change but I consider it just a contribution to making game play more fun rather than actual arsenal. His passive though is good addition. It makes sense with basic physics, extra damage is always welcome and its very easy to charge. Think about waiting for the random and remote change that you receive electricity proc so you can have the extra boost.... just no. His current passive is predictable and useful.

Fixing his cc abilities, will brand him as a cc wf due to discharge's very large power range and will put him on top of the list as a true team contributor.

Edited by (PS4)HelXlagon

11 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

The reason I believe they do not want discharge air cast is because it would mess up their spread mechanic for it...my thoughts. And I'm not a game designer, but I'm going to throw out a suggestion and label it a simple solution.

"When volt air casts discharge, a thunderbolt ( like the very same one that strikes down on volt primes shock animation) will touch the ground and spread the effect from volt to that point. You can air cast discharge in this way now, jumping over all the one hit kill enemies, leaving them shocked and keep going, because the ability will (should) still spread the same way. Just for the sake of how the ability spreads...I don't know what else to say on that....other than just add the animation from the Alad v warframe trailer.

Get rid of the damage cap, and the stun lock is stupid. Massive aoe cc is bad, and the fact that this is a thing makes me think enemy scaling and damage will never be looked at, because we have gimmicks to stop the enemies from hurting us, until they all become nullifiers...

I'm game for that. Or, there could be lightning bolts that are thrown down to each enemy within range at the time of casting.

Since there is a decently long animation, I used to cannonball with overload: leap into a cluster of enemies and cast as I went in, starting the animation. Usually, the overload would trigger about a second after I landed because of the  long animation. 

Does anyone anyone know how the overload point of origin used to be calculated? 

4 hours ago, (PS4)HelXlagon said:

Sorry to disagree but overload in my opinion was not a good ability. The amount of damage delivered was just too low and had no cc. Warframe gameplay, for me starts when enemies hit lvl 80+. Anything below that is just a grind. After lvl 80, skill is starting to become a factor in your gameplay. So having a push to kill ability at those levels would be anticlimactic, op, almost like cheating. That's why current Volt is low in my wf list to choose from, aside from a speedy capture/sabotage, exactly like old Volt.

Is it just me that feels that stunning enemies in an aoe for periods of time longer than 5 seconds is the definition of anticlimatic, op, and almost like cheating?

It must just be me...

1 hour ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Is it just me that feels that stunning enemies in an aoe for periods of time longer than 5 seconds is the definition of anticlimatic, op, and almost like cheating?

It must just be me...

I'm with you there. Again, the main reason that I said I like overload better was that the damage was instant. You could quickly clear the bugs in a room and then get to business. Yes, it could be more damaging, but at level 80, you're reaching maximum capacity for the game. If a power loses utility there, I'm not that suprised. If the other frames work better for you, then take them. I used to bring a volt up there and do just fine with overload. You just couldn't use it as a nuke anymore. It was still effective cc though. I often revived allies under such cover.

I think what we really need here is a poll with the following question:

How do you feel about Volt's Discharge?

1. Like it the way it is

2. Hate it, revert back to Overload

3. Keep the discharge damage functions (4 second delay, 4000 damage dealt over time, enemies tesla coil), but revert to the other overload mechanics (cast in the air enabled, chains off of lights)

4. Restore Overload (high initial damage, chain off lights, cast in air), but with added damage over time and the tesla coil effect as in discharge.

5. No opinion

If options 2, 3 and 4 have a combined poll of greater than option 1, then we need a rework directed at whichever one of them is the highest.

I had a random idea. Keep volt as is, except the damage cap is just that: a damage cap. It doesn't break CC, it doesn't break the tesla coil effect towards unaffected enemies (affected enemies can't zap each other, but can still occasionally zap others), and a new passive for static charge:

As volt uses shock and electric shield and travels along the ground with Speed active (small bonus for shocking speed impacts), he generates an ambient static charge in the area. He can draw on this to improve energy efficiency to a cap. Activating Static Discharge consumes all of these stacks, uses the normal amount of energy, and adds a large chunk of damage based on the number of stacks consumed. Stacks rapidly decay in the air, and will automatically be consumed to cause a small aoe burst of electric damage upon reaching double the stacks of the efficiency cap. Maximum number of stacks increase and decrease inversely with base power efficiency.

Something out of the blue but intresting I though about, so there are some frames that have an invulnerability period and can do difffrent thing's during or after the invulnerability ends, what if dishcarge was like hysteria but enemies who touched volt would recive electrical damage? that, and stun nearby enemies. Volt him-self would be a weapon instead of a set of claws to fit the electrical/lighting theme, and be something very big and out of the "starter frame" image. Just something I wanted to throw out as being a possibility, a giant moving lightning bolt of terror, something comparable to nezah's warding halo, except better 

Edited by Wolfnrun

1 hour ago, Wolfnrun said:

Something out of the blue but intresting I though about, so there are some frames that have an invulnerability period and can do difffrent thing's during or after the invulnerability ends, what if dishcarge was like hysteria but enemies who touched volt would recive electrical damage? that, and stun nearby enemies. Volt him-self would be a weapon instead of a set of claws to fit the electrical/lighting theme, and be something very big and out of the "starter frame" image. Just something I wanted to throw out as being a possibility, a giant moving lightning bolt of terror, something comparable to nezah's warding halo, except better 

That's an interesting idea. Sort of like a marriage of shock and electric shield.  

59 minutes ago, Adder9 said:

That's an interesting idea. Sort of like a marriage of shock and electric shield.  

Yup! One of my problems with discharge is that it's very boring, CC enemies for a few seconds, maybe kill 1-3 and that's it. As opposed to something more comprehensive and something that actually fit's volt! 

Edited by Wolfnrun

55 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

Yup! One of my problems with discharge is that it's very boring, CC enemies for a few seconds, maybe kill 1-3 and that's it. As opposed to something more comprehensive and something that actually fit's volt! 

I wonder if there is material in that idea for an augment.

On 8/3/2016 at 5:17 PM, Wolfnrun said:

Agreed, I think it's time for that to change, I'm so tired with volt having this starter image...It's been way to long  

Who to replace him/them? Last i checked, mag and loki need mod investment as well (idk about Xcallidurp,  though he finally got the absurdity removed from his abilities, so I guess hes just xcal, now ^.^)

4 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

So a ball of lightning floating around and whoever you catch takes damage/stun? Its all depend on the damage/range from you/speed you move while a ball of lightning. Also, add "areas electronics overload and damage + % chance to stun enemies" would be weird if Volt judt had no large area ability other than shocks limited target capacity

16 minutes ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

So a ball of lightning floating around and whoever you catch takes damage/stun? Its all depend on the damage/range from you/speed you move while a ball of lightning. Also, add "areas electronics overload and damage + % chance to stun enemies" would be weird if Volt judt had no large area ability other than shocks limited target capacity

Not sure what "large area ability" would make that work, "areas electronics overload and damage" You mean have electronics explode like the old overload??? Would be situational, maybe that and something concrette that would make it work. doesn't sound solid. I really like the idea

Anyone have any idea's? not like it's going to be a thing, (Though I would love for it to be)  but one can dream...One can defiantly dream...

Edited by Wolfnrun

7 hours ago, Adder9 said:

I think what we really need here is a poll with the following question:

How do you feel about Volt's Discharge?

1. Like it the way it is

2. Hate it, revert back to Overload

3. Keep the discharge damage functions (4 second delay, 4000 damage dealt over time, enemies tesla coil), but revert to the other overload mechanics (cast in the air enabled, chains off of lights)

4. Restore Overload (high initial damage, chain off lights, cast in air), but with added damage over time and the tesla coil effect as in discharge.

5. No opinion

If options 2, 3 and 4 have a combined poll of greater than option 1, then we need a rework directed at whichever one of them is the highest.

I want a different Ultimate.

Overload was the worst 4 in Warframe... Discharge isn't much better imo.

Edited by (PS4)StarDustKillah

On 8/3/2016 at 5:17 PM, Wolfnrun said:

Agreed, I think it's time for that to change, I'm so tired with volt having this starter image...It's been way to long  

Who to replace him/them? Last i checked, mag and loki need mod investment as well (idk about Xcallidurp,  though he finally got the absurdity removed from his abilities, so I guess hes just xcal, now ^.^)

33 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

Not sure what "large area ability" would make that work, "areas electronics overload and damage" You mean have electronics explode like the old overload??? Would be situational, maybe that and something concrette that would make it work. doesn't sound solid. I really like the idea

Anyone have any idea's? not like it's going to be a thing, (Though I would love for it to be)  but one can dream...One can defiantly dream...

Yeah, like old one but with tweaked damage maybe, depending on how lightning covered Sonic the hedgehog turns out. Just to add a little something to it. Cuz i doubt its be that great either way tbh lol. Volt is one of those frames that i dont really press 4 on, and thats perfectly ok. Not every frame needs a world destroying" HURPA DURP IMA FIRIN MAH LAZORS!" 4th ability

13 hours ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

Yeah, like old one but with tweaked damage maybe, depending on how lightning covered Sonic the hedgehog turns out. Just to add a little something to it. Cuz i doubt its be that great either way tbh lol.

Wow, not sure how that would work...make volt sonic the hedehog? :laugh: if only he were much more faster that could be obtainable 

On 8/5/2016 at 11:05 PM, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

I want a different Ultimate.

Overload was the worst 4 in Warframe... Discharge isn't much better imo.

Maybe something like Ash's or ember's but with lightning bolts doing the killing? For example, press 4 and volt could fire successive lightning bolts at all nearby enemies doing high damage and chaining to nearby lights and enemies (pardon the obsession, but I really liked overload's daisy chain effect). Or a time limited "storm" in which volt is covered in electricity and lighting arcs to nearby enemies similar to world on fire.

Just some ideas.

@Adder9 Just came up with some ideas

2 step like inaro's 

Electric siphon : Volt reserves 25% of his energy which adds bonus electrical damage and multiplies his shields, use electric siphon on enemies to send a blast of lightining bolt's in a moderate area of affect for 10 seconds. Those in range will be stunned for the whole duration and are opened to finishers 

Something like Ash

Lightning twins: Volt makes 2 electric colones that run around all nearby enemies dealing 500 electric damage with every passing run, these colones will run around a 15m radius around volt and drains 3 energy per second. Enemies within range will constantly be damaged, the longer volt has his twins up, the stronger they become, but drains slightly more energy with every few passing seconds 

Something like ember 

Lightning tempist : Volt has lighting that constantly runs down next to him in a 5m radius dealing 750 elecrtical damage per second, drains 3 energy per second and increase in damage and drain the further lighting tempest is on

Then there's my other idea of volt being a mix of valkyr and nezha, but his body is a weapon and if you touch him you die... 

Edited by Wolfnrun

Look at all of Vors abilities.

He has 4 electrical abilities He just doesn't use them all at the same time.

1) he has electrical WOF, lightning chains down from the sky. he uses this when you are trying to escape him on earth when you first start the game. Its so the player can not get too close and actually kill him.

2) he has an impenetrable 360 degree sheild that regenerates all health and sheilds lost, at the expense of mobility.

3) he has the ultimate power continuous shock stream we have been asking for on volt for years.

4) he has giant tesla mines(vauban) that deal electric and slash

And he does it all with a void key.

Now...if he had a valid story like A lad v, where he scraped together some parts off a warframe, itd be ok. But it's a void key. This has been the most annoying part of the game to me as a volt fan.

If he was able to use all 4 attacks at the same time, I would out right quit. The fact that he is easily murder destroyed after a certain point in the game only makes it slightly less annoying...