Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

3 hours ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Not sure if I catch your drift.

But it would make more sense for synergy if Volt could actually wear the shield like armor. 

Hmm, if only someone had made a comment like that and it was that person's first comment on the thread. Oh wait...

Spoiler

It was me.

Just now, GeometricBison said:

Hmm, if only someone had made a comment like that and it was that person's first comment on the thread. Oh wait...

Reveal hidden contents

It was me.

They say great minds think a like :D

Also when I think about it. Electric Shield is an odd ball to the overall concept of Volt.

Taser man status aside. If Electricity is a high damage element than does it make sense to have one ability focused on defensive rather than offensive? I mean it would make sense that all his abilities have a damage dealing ability. 

They say great minds think a like :D

Also when I think about it. Electric Shield is an odd ball to the overall concept of Volt.

Taser man status aside. If Electricity is a high damage element than does it make sense to have one ability focused on defensive rather than offensive? I mean it would make sense that all his abilities have a damage dealing ability. 

I can see where you're coming from, but all the good frames have a defensive move, like Excal with his blind or Frost with his bubble or Mesa with her shatter shield or Rhino with his iron skin. A frame with high damage output but no defense abilities becomes a Banshee, a glass cannon.

4 minutes ago, GeometricBison said:

I can see where you're coming from, but all the good frames have a defensive move, like Excal with his blind or Frost with his bubble or Mesa with her shatter shield or Rhino with his iron skin. A frame with high damage output but no defense abilities becomes a Banshee, a glass cannon.

Would you keep the concept of a shield? 

When you go to his Shield you have the option to pick it up. Rather one option. There is a second option. Wear it like a armor and become the incarnation of electricity. All stats are increased like armor with a increase of 600+ (this synergies with regular Volt having the lowest armor in the game) and you can chain lightning just by being near them for enemies at a similar distance like Shock

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik

Would you keep the concept of a shield? 

When you go to his Shield you have the option to pick it up. Rather one option. There is a second option. Wear it like a armor and become the incarnation of electricity. All stats are increased like armor with a increase of 600+ (this synergies with regular Volt having the lowest armor in the game) and you can chain lightning just by being near them  

I feel like just increasing his armor would be too easy a thing to do. Maybe something more along the lines of 98% chance to dodge damage. What I mean by that is that while under the effects of his 2 (which will hopefully one day get a duration buff) bullets and lasers and melee weapons will pass right through Volt as he's so fast he can just dodge them. Also, Volt's shield is still really useful if there's a downed teammate and the whole team rushes to revive them. Instead of the whole team taking damage and possibly downed, Volt just puts down his shield making sure that his teammates are protected while reviving.

10 minutes ago, GeometricBison said:

I feel like just increasing his armor would be too easy a thing to do. Maybe something more along the lines of 98% chance to dodge damage. What I mean by that is that while under the effects of his 2 (which will hopefully one day get a duration buff) bullets and lasers and melee weapons will pass right through Volt as he's so fast he can just dodge them. Also, Volt's shield is still really useful if there's a downed teammate and the whole team rushes to revive them. Instead of the whole team taking damage and possibly downed, Volt just puts down his shield making sure that his teammates are protected while reviving.

When I revive someone as Volt. I personally do discharge. 

So in other words, he becomes like the Flash? He vibrates his molecules so fast that he becomes intangible. 

I also would like a third option when going near his shield. You press a button and wear it on your melee weapon. You block all attacks while blocking, deal a stun for every swing, chain electricity for every swing and increase to swing speed by 5%

When I revive someone as Volt. I personally do discharge. 

So in other words, he becomes like the Flash? He vibrates his molecules so fast that he becomes intangible. 

I also like a third option when going near his shield. You press a button and wear it on your melee weapon. You block all attacks while blocking, deal a stun for every swing, chain electricity for every swing and increase to swing speed by 5%

1.) Yes, pretty much like the Flash except he just dodges really fast instead of vibrating really fast, and he still gets hit every once in a while

2.) I like your idea for a a melee shield and the stun and everything is nice, but what happens when Volt isn't blocking or attacking enemies? Is he no longer protected? Does he have to block all the time? How far can our ideas go before they become just absolutely broken? So many questions, so little time.

4 minutes ago, GeometricBison said:

1.) Yes, pretty much like the Flash except he just dodges really fast instead of vibrating really fast, and he still gets hit every once in a while

2.) I like your idea for a a melee shield and the stun and everything is nice, but what happens when Volt isn't blocking or attacking enemies? Is he no longer protected? Does he have to block all the time? How far can our ideas go before they become just absolutely broken? So many questions, so little time.

When Volt blocks, he deflect damage and coverts it into stunning proc so you don't need to block all the time

Also all this might sound potentially broken :satisfied:

When Volt blocks, he deflect damage and coverts it into stunning damaging so you don't need to block all the time

Also all this might sound potentially broken :satisfied:

Well, there's a sure fire way to tell if something is broken, just compare it to Nidus/Inaros/Ivara. If this ability makes Volt just as good or not quite as good as the aforementioned frames, it's not broken. If it makes Volt better then those frames, it's as broken as the electoral college voting system.

Spoiler

The electoral college thing was a joke please don't take it seriously.

Edited by GeometricBison

Just now, GeometricBison said:

Well, there's a sure fire way to tell if something is broken, just compare it to Nidus/Inaros/Ivara. If this ability makes Volt just as good or not quite as good as the aforementioned frames, it's not broken. If it makes Volt better then those frames, it's as broken as the electoral college voting system.

Right now he is a taser frame, the Grieneer electricity sapping thing does more damage than Volt :crylaugh:

Right now he is a taser frame, the Grieneer electricity sapping thing does more damage than Volt :crylaugh:

A non-moving, small, easy to kill, easy to spot, kills itself anyways by attacking, electricity mine is more powerful than Volt. Like, come on DE.

Edited by GeometricBison

6 hours ago, GeometricBison said:

A non-moving, small, easy to kill, easy to spot, kills itself anyways by attacking, electricity mine is more powerful than Volt. Like, come on DE.

Actually, i like one thing they tried to do, which was the tesla coil concept applied to discharge, though the reworked ability itself was ill named....

Shocking discharged objects should have created an effect like an arc trap, if not even allowing shock to create and explode tesla coils itself. 

They could do more.

12 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Actually, i like one thing they tried to do, which was the tesla coil concept applied to discharge, though the reworked ability itself was ill named....

Shocking discharged objects should have created an effect like an arc trap, if not even allowing shock to create and explode tesla coils itself. 

They could do more.

That isn't a bad idea, it'd make his 4 an even more viable cc ability. Though it would still be very inconsistent.

Edited by GeometricBison

On 12/25/2016 at 8:48 PM, Satinpuppies said:

I was literally just thinking the same thing last night.

The one idea I've always had for Volt is changing Discharge's name back into Overload, and changing it to a toggled ability or a one time cast that improves your next basic ability.

Whilst active, all Shock casts cause the current Discharge effect at the target location, with a much smaller AoE, Speed provides CC immunity and damage reduction for its duration, and Electric Shield reflects all damage it receives back at the attacker with a 100% Electric status chance, and passing through one emits an AoE pulse of Electric damage and restores a flat amount of shields.

Or something.

Best comparison:

LoL's 'Karma'.

3 hours ago, YagoXiten said:

The one idea I've always had for Volt is changing Discharge's name back into Overload, and changing it to a toggled ability or a one time cast that improves your next basic ability.

Whilst active, all Shock casts cause the current Discharge effect at the target location, with a much smaller AoE, Speed provides CC immunity and damage reduction for its duration, and Electric Shield reflects all damage it receives back at the attacker with a 100% Electric status chance, and passing through one emits an AoE pulse of Electric damage and restores a flat amount of shields.

Or something.

Best comparison:

LoL's 'Karma'.

I give this two thumbs ups.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Volt mains, this is our chance to strike.

Please upvote my question if you agree to it and would like to see it answered

Upvoted, also I posted on the  second page asking for the removal of the damage cap on discharge and the energy drain on riot electric shield, since I doubt that we will get another rework for volt anytime soon and these changes would be extremely beneficial to volt and shouldn't require the Devs to do much to him.

1 minute ago, Cranial_Enigma said:

Upvoted, also I posted on the  second page asking for the removal of the damage cap on discharge and the energy drain on riot electric shield, since I doubt that we will get another rework for volt anytime soon and these changes would be extremely beneficial to volt and shouldn't require the Devs to do much to him.

Nice. Would life a buff in duration for Speed but that's minor compared to those two. 

Just now, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Other than that

Hope they add the holding shock mechanic in the future :D

That would be a lot of fun, while shock is a reliable CC ability on few enemies and can be used while reloading, it just feels like its missing something compared to other 1 abilities that frames have.

On a side note, what is your set up for volt right now?

Interesting, I've never really liked shocking speed that much, it is reliable CC for melee so I may have to try it out again. I don't think rush is necessary for the build you went with, you can improve your movement and attack speed with more power strength (depending on which mod you use) you can get beyond the movement speed that rush can give. I also think that quick thinking isn't worth it as much for volt unless you have primed flow and rage on (Which you do so its fine). But I would swap out rush for power drift, gives power strength and knock down resistance which is extremely beneficical to volt in a melee build.

If I would swap anything on that build it would be power drift instead of rush, and constitution instead of shock speed, getting knocked down is going to get you murdered and you do not have any good ways in recovering.

This is what I run on my volt right now (ignore the 12 forma on him, I got really bored)

x9yEliS.jpg

16 minutes ago, Cranial_Enigma said:

Interesting, I've never really liked shocking speed that much, it is reliable CC for melee so I may have to try it out again. I don't think rush is necessary for the build you went with, you can improve your movement and attack speed with more power strength (depending on which mod you use) you can get beyond the movement speed that rush can give. I also think that quick thinking isn't worth it as much for volt unless you have primed flow and rage on (Which you do so its fine). But I would swap out rush for power drift, gives power strength and knock down resistance which is extremely beneficical to volt in a melee build.

If I would swap anything on that build it would be power drift instead of rush, and constitution instead of shock speed, getting knocked down is going to get you murdered and you do not have any good ways in recovering.

This is what I run on my volt right now (ignore the 12 forma on him, I got really bored)

x9yEliS.jpg

Nice. Try my build and you might see the magic of it. The quick thinking part makes Volt almost immortal with Lifestrike 

I don't really need to get back up fast because I rely on Volt health pool and quick thinking and immediately attack with lifestrike so I don't need to worry about him dying