Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

On 2/23/2017 at 7:47 PM, giovanniluca said:

That's not the problem, with the rework several mechanics were introduced, overall Volt can be played 2 ways, Discharge based or speed based.

If you go for the power strenght the speed is nice but the shield becomes unusable by carrying because it just burns all the energy in a few seconds and also slows you, and Discharge is meh.

If you go for a Discharge based build the speed becomes not so effective and the way Discharge works suggests equipping fleeting expertise is a good choice because it lasts always around 10 seconds, but you end up spamming shield and speed a lot.

Also the synergies are: shock the shield to do extra damage with it but you don't because it costs too much and it slows you, and shock a target under Discharge to do a unnoticeable aoe burst which I don't notice visually and it's useless because the target it's already under CC and in any case shock is already aoe because it chains.

well i tried many builds and the only build that works really well is balanced build, with p continuity, intensify, fleeting expertise, streamline, stretch, constitution. nothing below 100%. energy siphon + max rank zenurik energy regen passive makes riot shield cant drain energy, the shield last for 30s, speed last for 13s, discharge lasts for 13s, shock and discharge has wide range from stretch only. it works great if you want to try. i never running out of energy even without flow in energy reduction sortie 

On 2/25/2017 at 10:09 AM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I have a problem with him because he is limited, his passive was implemented poorly, his synergies dont do anything, his ult is ground locked but the animation is the same, and he is cheesey.

well its matter of how you play/your playstyle. because there are many players are doing fine. 

37 minutes ago, FitzSimmons said:

well its matter of how you play/your playstyle. because there are many players are doing fine. 

There are many players who are doing fine. Fact.

There are many players who hate what volt has been turned into. Fact.

10/10.

Let me explain myself: he is limited in ways he was not before the rework. 

1). Delay on casting shock.

2). shocks bugs, and problems stunning enemies that are already in seperate animations.

3). Delay on recasting speed

4). Problems with speed being too slow, requiring too much power strength, having too short a duration, and no longer affecting parkour speed.

5). 6 different limitations on riot sheild being : reduced movement speed, reduced size, original sheilds duration,(1) constant energy drain + (2)energy drain×movement, and a pistol limitation

6). Discharge uses overloads animation amd spread mechanic but pretends to be different

7). Discharge has a duration for a stun that really doesnt mean anything or can be relied on.

8). The synergies do nothing. Subjective. I can not fathom any playstyle any person can employ in this game where the synergies make a difference or help them. Shock+sheild is possibly the only one that does something.

9). The passive and the way it currently works, does nothing for primaries and secondaries, unless there are lengthy periods of time inbetween your attacks. Possibly effective on spy missions, but to make it useful and to help with the contreversy on wether he can qualify as an alternative to gunplay, it should have only applied to melee and powers. That, or simply proc the status effect of electricty from 1 to 1000, with added benefits the more you have built up. Or something. 

But, if its playstyles we are talking about, im not you. Personally, im not interested in warframes idea of "powers" anymore, its all just gotten to the point where they dress up different ways to make enemies stand still and stop shooting at you and call them different names. I really do not find crowd control entertaining. And as 2017 is looking to be a better year for console gaming than 2016, 15, 14, 13 or 12, volt is yours, from me to you.

I officially dont care.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO

On 3/1/2017 at 9:52 AM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

2). shocks bugs, and problems stunning enemies that are already in seperate animations.

uhhh this one was already there since the beginning i play warframe as volt, heavy units that do slam attack and enemies that in animation of taking cover.

On 3/1/2017 at 9:52 AM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Problems with speed being too slow, requiring too much power strength, having too short a duration, and no longer affecting parkour speed.

is it the speed thats too slow or the volt sprint speed thats too slow? and it was never affecting parkour speed, really.

2 hours ago, FitzSimmons said:

uhhh this one was already there since the beginning i play warframe as volt, heavy units that do slam attack and enemies that in animation of taking cover.

is it the speed thats too slow or the volt sprint speed thats too slow? and it was never affecting parkour speed, really.

1). They chose to "rework" volt without fixing or even taking a look at the ability. Or whatever they did. I wasnt there. It just makes it worse if they actually did take a look at shock before deciding they werent going to bother, so i always say it like they just didnt bother. And so they either did or didnt, its still the same mass. 

2. Both. But it doesnt matter. Fixing one, would alleviate the problem of both. But of course fixing problems is no where on the radar for volt. Because there are too many nay sayers who are simply fascinated by the fact that he got any work done on him at all and crowd control to boot. All i see when i look at volt is an unfinished mess that i waited 2 years for, and now for however long the game will remain in beta, the world will keep spinning, and electricity will be openly available to the general public, i get told i need to be content with what i was given or wait until the time DE might decide to give Volt another pass.

But you know what? None of these things are real tangible problems anyone really really cares about.

Its useless to dream, because nothing ever changes. Just heard that truth from a random movie, and it perfectly applies. 

Not really affecting parkour speed does not give probable cause to completely axe it from him

9 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

But you know what? None of these things are real tangible problems anyone really really cares about.

They even forgot that Volt does not have a deluxe skin, even the prime release looked cheap as mag I think everyone admits that Volt P is just Volt with gold everywhere and no prime effects at all except the not colorable thunder on shock only on the first target, every other prime has more work on it(except mag), he is not profitable with less than 1% popularity so he ends getting the least work.

On 2/23/2017 at 6:18 PM, Ikusias said:

Basically the rework didn't address any of the issues outlined by the community and nerfed the number of deployable shields and its ultimate...

the only "upside" was that at last they did put an opt out for speed, after wasting a month trying to make the opt in with a pickup work, and making speed refreshable by recasting it while active.

Riot shield is unusable due to 4 different limitations, not even ivara's prowl is so encumbered and is a far better defensive ability with added benefits, while riot shield is mediocre.

Shock wasn't improved and got hit instead with an hidden cooldown that forbids to recast it quickly, while discharge has wonky mechanics due to damage cap, duration cap and unreliable propagation - on certain factions the stun lasts a few instants, on others the damage is nonexistant - the interaction with shock is worthless...

The passive makes no sense, in general Volt rework was wasted time and a slight to the community - please go and have a read of what was proposed and what was requested to getan idea - there were a lot of expectations, and the end result was disappointing as most changes were for the worst

Reposting this to keep it fresh

After all this time playing Warframe and fanBOEING Volt (get it? Mogamu spirit) during the event I opened for me Nezha, and in some way I made some sort of oppinion that it's kinda Volt 2.0 for me. Almost same way to play, sure that abilities and mecchanics are kinda different like his 2nd (Blessing Chakram) and in some way 3rd one (Warding Halo), but they still feet my playstyle. I've been thinking (Operator....I've thought you'd want to know.) Get it? Ordis refer.....ugh...sorry), what if we could borrow some of those mecchanics and in some way improve/modify Volt's abilities, some kinda of Nezha treatment for Volt. I'm not pretending for teleporting lightning bolt or else, just a bit of improvements, giving Volt players a bit of love. So in what consists my idea:

- Minor rework - SHOCK: shoking enemies giving additional charge to Volt, causing his weapon deal +N [example 100Electricity b] passive damage buff, affected by Power Strenght, making much easelly to reach that 1k passive damage mark. (Still need to figure out how to avoid that damage to applying to SHOCK.)

- Major rework, rework SPEED mecchanics, making it similar to FIRE WALKER:

1) Activation cost + Energy Drain instead of Power Duration (every time recast) dependence.

2) Power Strenght affects speed, reload speed, melee* (as it is now), but also making damage acumulation (example x2) from Volt's passive faster.

(..0m0.)  (yeah, it's kinda annoying to run kilometers to kill trashcan with 1k Electric damage).

3) Like a FIRE WALKER gives cleanse effect from status, if fellow Tenno running through burning ground, same way Volt's SPEED electrifying the surface leaving electric trail that gives Speed* buff to the teammates passing through/on (At this point Volt has active Speed as individual buff, preventing people flaming every time it's active, but giving a possibility to have a Speed* buff, if they want just walking through the trail). Also radius of the trail is affected by Power Range.

4) So in this way, we can introduce Shocking Speed Augment rework: passing through electric trail causes Volt and allies to inflict Electricity bElectric damage and status to enemies they touch while moving.

5) Speed synergy: SHOCK - shocking enemies gives x2 more passive damage accumulation during SPEED activated.

- ELECTRIC SHIELD is good as it is (still affected by Power Duration), but CURRENT SHIELD needs to be reworked. First of all there're 2 ways that it can be fixed/improved:

1) Remove completely DISTANCE PER ENERGY DRAIN, causing CURRENT SHIELD be only affected by Power Duration, but still be limited to the use of only his secondary and melee weapons aswell as have his speed and mobility reduced.

OOOOOR

2) Nezha's treatment: Making CURRENT SHIELD analogically to WARDING HALO with :

• Base health, armor multiplier (yeah, Volt and armor....CoolStoryBob) are affected by Power Strength. But still can synergize with Volt's passive tho through damage accumulation, Volt absorbs passive damage that becomes additional health for the shield.  (Why not? YOLO). Only one thing: while CURRENT SHIELD is active, there's no possibility to give it additional health from passive, damage accumulated going affect only weapons and abilities. 

Synergy with SPEED: SPEED* Buff ofc. (Captain Obvious...in 2k17).

Last but not least DISCHARGE: in some way reminds DIVINE SPEARS only in no LOS hard CC effects. Think that it's good as it is, but still can be improved by increasing damage cap and/or mid-air cast. (Second one be like - Make Volt-jeZZus great again. Mogamu, here I come...My jokes are wors than yours.)

P.S. It's kinda 4'oclock AM CET.... 

P.P.S It's only some kinda of thoughts, ideas that can be only express/discussed here.

Edited by Cryone
Yaiks, that white background....Ok, that's better.

16 hours ago, Cryone said:

After all this time playing Warframe and fanBOEING Volt (get it? Mogamu spirit) during the event I opened for me Nezha, and in some way I made some sort of oppinion that it's kinda Volt 2.0 for me. Almost same way to play, sure that abilities and mecchanics are kinda different like his 2nd (Blessing Chakram) and in some way 3rd one (Warding Halo), but they still feet my playstyle. I've been thinking (Operator....I've thought you'd want to know.) Get it? Ordis refer.....ugh...sorry), what if we could borrow some of those mecchanics and in some way improve/modify Volt's abilities, some kinda of Nezha treatment for Volt. I'm not pretending for teleporting lightning bolt or else, just a bit of improvements, giving Volt players a bit of love. So in what consists my idea:

- Minor rework - SHOCK: shoking enemies giving additional charge to Volt, causing his weapon deal +N [example 100Electricity b] passive damage buff, affected by Power Strenght, making much easelly to reach that 1k passive damage mark. (Still need to figure out how to avoid that damage to applying to SHOCK.)

- Major rework, rework SPEED mecchanics, making it similar to FIRE WALKER:

1) Activation cost + Energy Drain instead of Power Duration (every time recast) dependence.

2) Power Strenght affects speed, reload speed, melee* (as it is now), but also making damage acumulation (example x2) from Volt's passive faster.

(..0m0.)  (yeah, it's kinda annoying to run kilometers to kill trashcan with 1k Electric damage).

3) Like a FIRE WALKER gives cleanse effect from status, if fellow Tenno running through burning ground, same way Volt's SPEED electrifying the surface leaving electric trail that gives Speed* buff to the teammates passing through/on (At this point Volt has active Speed as individual buff, preventing people flaming every time it's active, but giving a possibility to have a Speed* buff, if they want just walking through the trail). Also radius of the trail is affected by Power Range.

4) So in this way, we can introduce Shocking Speed Augment rework: passing through electric trail causes Volt and allies to inflict Electricity bElectric damage and status to enemies they touch while moving.

5) Speed synergy: SHOCK - shocking enemies gives x2 more passive damage accumulation during SPEED activated.

- ELECTRIC SHIELD is good as it is (still affected by Power Duration), but CURRENT SHIELD needs to be reworked. First of all there're 2 ways that it can be fixed/improved:

1) Remove completely DISTANCE PER ENERGY DRAIN, causing CURRENT SHIELD be only affected by Power Duration, but still be limited to the use of only his secondary and melee weapons aswell as have his speed and mobility reduced.

OOOOOR

2) Nezha's treatment: Making CURRENT SHIELD analogically to WARDING HALO with :

• Base health, armor multiplier (yeah, Volt and armor....CoolStoryBob) are affected by Power Strength. But still can synergize with Volt's passive tho through damage accumulation, Volt absorbs passive damage that becomes additional health for the shield.  (Why not? YOLO). Only one thing: while CURRENT SHIELD is active, there's no possibility to give it additional health from passive, damage accumulated going affect only weapons and abilities. 

Synergy with SPEED: SPEED* Buff ofc. (Captain Obvious...in 2k17).

Last but not least DISCHARGE: in some way reminds DIVINE SPEARS only in no LOS hard CC effects. Think that it's good as it is, but still can be improved by increasing damage cap and/or mid-air cast. (Second one be like - Make Volt-jeZZus great again. Mogamu, here I come...My jokes are wors than yours.)

P.S. It's kinda 4'oclock AM CET.... 

P.P.S It's only some kinda of thoughts, ideas that can be only express/discussed here.

The best ideas come when you are awake way too late in the night. Inspiration is limitless.

I don't get it... Volt was perfectly fine as he was, why make his speed ability drop a bolt orb that others have to pick up rather than leave it the way it was? What if a player is ahead of you, is around a wall, corner, behind an object, not expecting a speed buff, not looking for the speed drop, etc? Oh well guess you can't pick it up haha... nice going DE.

Oh wait I'm late to the party lol.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't get how people can actually play the re"worked" Volt... Someone said it already, but his best definition is mess. Despite the whole Synergy hype he got nothing of the sort. For everyone that didn't like what they see (as I don't, certainly...) I suggest that you let go. Chances of another tweak are extremely low, given the amount of good work DE has been putting in other areas, and the needed reworks on Frames that still haven't seen the light of it.

There are many other Frames that fit your playstyle out there, you just have to test it out.

Rest assured that you won't regret, as any other Frame is better than Volt at their specialties. Volt excels at nothing compared to others, as he has a bit of everything.

We will keep pestering DE about Volt both because we invested a lot of time on it and its prime both because its one of the starting frames and the first impact players have on the game.

If its S#&$ warframe loses potential new players.

Also we are quite pissed that after all the years, the promises and a few reworks done right, Volt's feels like a joke in bad taste - they didn't address any of its problems, just messed thing around while creating another can of worms by touching electric shield and adding to it a worthless secondary mode, they monkeyed around with speed without resolving its actuall issues: the skill is bad and non synergic with the frame, also benefits more the rest of the squad than Volt due to his low base speed etc.

i know this is a dead horse that's been beaten into paste by now, reanimated and then put down again, but it shouldn't be let go, just to force DE to give an answer and face the resulting flack, or revisit the frame again and for real

Okay. Let's go ahead and get a few things out of the way: Yes, Volt needs a rework to be fun, yes its stats need to be changed so it can fill a unique role again thanks to Octavia now giving speed, aoe damage, and so on, meaning the only thing unique about Volt is the Electric Shield (Except for the part where Nezha gives a flat damage shield to allies,  Frost's globe is unidirectional and applies a constant slow, so on and so forth). However, what people haven't mentioned is the fact that Volt's role is now COMPLETELY filled by Limbo with the Limbo rework. Okay, so maybe Limbo doesn't grant a movement speed and melee attack speed boost. He DOES however, grant protection (And I think energy regen still) via the rift, and that's his PASSIVE. He can also easily be built to have near-limitless energy (energy leech eximi not included, haven't tested against those quite yet) His 1st ability now has aoe and knockdown. His second now puts enemies into STASIS for a HUGE amount of time, assuming that they remain in the rift. His third ability CHAINS DAMAGE, and forces enemies to stay in the rift longer. His fourth ability, unchanged, now serves as a massive aoe stun when combined with stasis and rift surge. A skilled Limbo offers the same and then some, compared to Volt, minus the ability to travel faster. This was an EXCELLENT example of a proper rework, and now I love Limbo where he is. Volt is now certainly in need of a rework, because he needs uniqueness. He can no longer fill the role he used to, he HAS to do something else now. For those of you who think you can't change a warframe's primary role: Remember what Ember used to be? Mobile DPS? Yes, not so much anymore. She's now a knockdown dps hyrid, best used for defense these days. The only time I ever see her used offensively is the glass cannon build against Infested, and even then I more commonly see people take advantage of her CC over her damage. Maybe that's just my luck with people, maybe I'm wrong, but she's certainly far different from what she used to be. So don't try and anchor Volt to what he used to be and is still trying to be.

So what role do we give to Volt? Well, there's certainly the trend set by Ember and Frost to be fairly defensive. However, the differences are Frost locks down one small space, protects against everything outside, and drastically slows anything that gets too close, and his ultimate is a debuff to armor. Ember, on the other hand, has a lot of knockback to work with, particularly with the world on fire augment. Her defensive style is getting up in people's faces to proc her knockdown and burning procs, whereas Frost forces enemies to get in his face and chills them for it. Clearly, this leaves Volt with the options of not letting enemies get in his face at all. Since Frost has the snowglobe to let him function at long range, Ember likes to get in close, Volt should probably go with something a bit more mid-range. Let's also make him a bit more tactical, less "click and forget" than the other two are. Volt wasn't a beginning frame before, he doesn't need to be now. The powers he has already are pretty solid, however. Let's not totally drop them, but rather change up how they work to make them scale. They also need to be way more thematic. Volt is supposed to be master of thunderbolts, not some weird electrical utility belt.

Edited by SylvenStar