The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random stuttering after U18.13

aerosoul1337

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, could you please submit a support ticket along with a copy of your EE.log? This can help us identify what is going on in the engine during these stutters. There have been a few reports of stuttering on the UI and we are currently trying to track it down, so any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:02 AM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi everyone, could you please submit a support ticket along with a copy of your EE.log? This can help us identify what is going on in the engine during these stutters. There have been a few reports of stuttering on the UI and we are currently trying to track it down, so any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

Dat profile gif.. best outta all the others, the other staff members ought to have gifs too xD

I already submitted a support ticket.

But things became different after recent update.

Game crashes while navigation sometimes (not always).

And if that happened, warframe.exe is forced to be closed but some process may hang and prevent windows from shutdown properly.

I know it's not just me, because I learned this from others in warframe forum recently.

I'm not sure if there's perhaps a more general problem, but one very specific case of FPS-murdering stutter involves playing on the Orokin Moon tileset with Reverb enabled in audio settings. Turning it off instantly solves that problem. Either way, Good Luck getting this resolved!

3 hours ago, Bighats said:

I've noticed some small stutter whenever Ordis shows up after a mission. It's like the framerate drops right before he comes into the screen and then goes back up.

Yeap that too.

Quite annoying that we can not disable Ordis completely.

In my opinion, it is supposed to be able to disable Ordis, and he should only show up and talk during main quests when disabled.

On 6/13/2016 at 6:18 PM, Bighats said:

I've noticed some small stutter whenever Ordis shows up after a mission. It's like the framerate drops right before he comes into the screen and then goes back up.

Yeah I've been experiencing issues with FPS drops unlike anything before right after the start of a mission(most recently draco) or randomly on the ship, but mostly when Ordis or the Lotus speaks. It drops down from 60fps to around <30 then back. I noticed on my graphics card log that during the time of the fps drop my GPU rendering almost maxes, along with its processor. I would think there is a bug with the memory, question is where? I even tried optimizing the download cache and content, however, still not fixing the issue. Usually, if an issue arises out of the clear blue using the same hardware and software specs, then it's generally a programming error. And I haven't even updated my GPU drivers in a while, but I don't think that should affect this issue, unless posted as a recommendation by the development team. The most I have open right now would be Discord, Youtube video, and Warframe. 57 processes, RAM at 29% (4.7GB est.). Computer is completely clean, software wise and nobody else on the local network either. 

Running on:

- Windows 7 x64 Home Ed.
- Intel i7 3770k
- Nvidia GTX 770
- Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
- 2TB WD Black Caviar
- 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3

On 6/15/2016 at 5:28 AM, Hakudoshi_23 said:

Yeah I've been experiencing issues with FPS drops unlike anything before right after the start of a mission(most recently draco) or randomly on the ship, but mostly when Ordis or the Lotus speaks. It drops down from 60fps to around <30 then back. 

Yeah i think it's a memory issue of some sort. Maybe an SSD would minimize it. I notice it also happens a tin bit when other players join the mission im in.

Unfortunately we have been having a difficult time reproducing this issue on our end, so if you are still experiencing these random stutters then please submit a support ticket along with a copy of your EE.log.

-- Also, if you could type something in chat immediately after you've had one of these random stutters occur it can help us pinpoint where exactly in the log file we should be looking. For example, "fpsdrop".

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

I posted in one other thread about this that there are times  that games suffers from "hickups" even on Liset after this last update.However i noticed that disk usage is higher and usually disk is active during that stuttering show up. Only for a second but noticable. I will submitt my EE when i come home.