Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Basic good builds for new player?

MUTZILA20

Question

OK so...by now my Excalibur is max rank along with his MK-1 Braton, Lato and Skana, and it just hit me that I have put some random mods on them and that's it.

So...what I need right now, are some basic good builds for those things, which new players can acquire. And no, I can't do raids, nor have access to Void/Orokin Derelicts, just planets for now.

Managed to get the Carrier sentinel, so some what should I put on him?

I also have Mag with MK-1 Bo, MK-1 Kunai and MK-1 Paris, also in need of some mods. AND PLEASE, do not ask why I have 2 starter warframes and every starter weapon, I was just really stupid...

tl;dr

Need some basic good builds for Excalibur - MK-1 Braton, Lato and Skana, and for Mag - MK-1 Bo, MK-1 Kunai and MK-1 Paris, and for Carrier sentinel.

Edited by MUTZILA20

9 answers to this question

Hey, nothing wrong with getting tons of starter gear and maxing it out first. It's all worth mastery.

As far as the basics go, for Frames, focus on shields and health, as well as mods that make your powers more effective (things like Streamline or Intensify).

For weapons, put on as much damage as you can. Swap out elements as needed; try to go for things that hit the more dangerous enemies of each faction really hard.

Get rid of the Lato and replace it with the Lex, and the MK-1 Braton with the normal Braton. The Strun is good too, so I recommend getting it.

Building Excal: Exalted Blade is his best ability so mod for duration and efficiency for less energy use and strength for more damage, range doesn't matter.

Building Mag: (In my opinion) Shield Polarize is her best ability. Mod for duration and range for the largest range possible, and strength for maximum armor/shield stripping.

Building Lex: Go for damage and fire rate on this. You can run a crit build but you probably don't have Primed Pistol Gambit.

Building Braton: A pure damage build is best for it as it has low crit and status chance.

Building Skana: Pure Damage build but Skana is weak so replace it a soon as possible (and not with the Pangolin sword)

Building MK-1 Bo: Same as the Skana

MK-1 Paris: Go for a crit build but replace it with it's normal counter part when you get the chance

MK-1 Kunai: Pure damage build

Weapons I recommend getting: Boltor, Kogake, AkVasto, Ether Daggers(You get them after a quest), Ninkondi, and Galatine

Hope this helps :P

For Excalibur try vitality, rage, streamline, continuity, intensify these mods can be found on apollodorus and grineer boss. This build should allow you to use Exalted Blade more often. Vitality will increase your survival, Continuity and Streamline will give you 60% energy efficiency that will allow you to use EB for much longer. Rage will allow energy restoration without needing to rely on energy orbs. Intensify will buff your abilities damage. Also exalted blade's damage is modified by melee weapon mods, which are pretty easy to find and maxed.

For a new player, there is 3 things I would suggest:

1) Join a clan. Keep an eye in recruiting chat for active clans, or on the forums. There are always helpful people will to give advise, and there is nothing better than real time answers when you have a question. (plus, generous people might give you some needed mods :p)

2) The wiki has very good info. It helps when you have very specific questions. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

3) Youtube guides. It can really help to see and hear what the answer to you question is. Keep in mind, the info could be out dated, or just that persons opinion. But, this should help guide you in the right direction. 

Keeping in mind that I am VERY new as well, the best advice I have received is to set goals to aquire what is FUN to you.  Find some new weapons, and new WF to shoot for, etc. and then find a compatible clan or do lots of PUGs and run missions for the components to build them.  I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but after wondering the same thing, the game changed for me (for the better) when I started aiming for what would be fun for me, rather than finding the perfect min/max path.

Mag has recently changed dramatically, and Polarize is no longer her best ability. I build Mag for Magnetize. Max range, max power, max efficiency (obviously), and low duration. The magnetize bubbles are useful, but they never pop when you want them to (when there's a big group of enemies around). My solution has been to mod for low duration, around 50%, so that the bubble pops in under 10 seconds. During that time you can charge it up with damage.

For weapons, your first goal should be to max out a Serration and a Hornet Strike and a Pressure Point. Having these mods maxed is the basis for all other damage increases.

53 minutes ago, ashrah said:

first try to max rank 10 mods.. like serration vitality... later u will have much more easy time and made one good primary... to can carry u over starchart.. later is game on wen u get ranks^

No, if you go around asking people about how they got r10 mods, you will either get  answers. 1) They bought it 2) They have played for a looonggg time and have tons of spare cores and mods 3) They spend a lot of time on Triton. 

For me, I would personally find a clan where people are consistently ready to help you.