Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An interesting Conclave match

-DragonOfTheWest-

Question

Hello!  A bit earlier today I was in a conclave match. When I was joined by a MR 5 with an Ash, Mk1 strun, Lato and Cronus. at first I thought noting of it, then we got in game. Immediately he 2 shot my valk with his Mk1 Strun. So I thought "Maybe the Mk1 Strun is just that strong?" As I re-spawned  I saw him not to far away and decided to get him back. So I jumped over and stood about 6 meters directly in front of him. I fired first with the Dera vandal and to my surprise he killed me with the Lato...

So standing 6 meters away with a Dera vandal on full auto with the first shot (Also had the 40% flight speed -2% accuracy mod) his Lato still managed to out DPS my Dera? is that even possible? There were many times when I noticed he would do insane damage like 2 or 3 shot my Mesa with a Braton whilst shatter Shield was up. His amazing accuracy I could understand I mean some people are just good at aiming but the damage numbers were off the charts. Is this normal? I play PvP maybe 4 or 5 times a week and I've never seen this kind of thing

12 answers to this question

I see it all the time where low-end weapons massively outperform the better ones; I have snuck up on people and hit them 2 or 3 times with nikana prime and had them turn around and 1 shot me with the standard skana.
The mk-1 kunai are completely stupid too, usually a 2 hit kill compared to the hikou prime taking 8 or more shots.

52 minutes ago, williamsos10 said:

Hello!  A bit earlier today I was in a conclave match. When I was joined by a MR 5 with an Ash, Mk1 strun, Lato and Cronus. at first I thought noting of it, then we got in game. Immediately he 2 shot my valk with his Mk1 Strun. So I thought "Maybe the Mk1 Strun is just that strong?" As I re-spawned  I saw him not to far away and decided to get him back. So I jumped over and stood about 6 meters directly in front of him. I fired first with the Dera vandal and to my surprise he killed me with the Lato...

So standing 6 meters away with a Dera vandal on full auto with the first shot (Also had the 40% flight speed -2% accuracy mod) his Lato still managed to out DPS my Dera? is that even possible? There were many times when I noticed he would do insane damage like 2 or 3 shot my Mesa with a Braton whilst shatter Shield was up. His amazing accuracy I could understand I mean some people are just good at aiming but the damage numbers were off the charts. Is this normal? I play PvP maybe 4 or 5 times a week and I've never seen this kind of thing

Lol! don't remind me when my friend MR 3 at the moment thrashed us and gave us a whooping 3 of us MR 16 . 17, 19, with his skana, i dont know how it works....

28 minutes ago, TheGoodDarius said:

There is also the lag to consider. If he was the host he had a greater advantage over you, thus emptying his magazine in your face before you realized. 

I would have been the host that game. I was already waiting in a lobby then he joined.

2 hours ago, williamsos10 said:

I would have been the host that game. I was already waiting in a lobby then he joined.

I see.

In any case, base weapons such as the Strun, have an increased damage compared to other version of the same weapon. The Braton MK 1 is far more powerful than a Braton Prime, but the Braton has a higher stats to compensate. That is so that new players are not completely in disadvantage against veteran ones. So that's why your Dera Vandal was beaten by his Lato.

The conclave is mostly based on skill, rather than equipment. I like chosing weapons that fit my playstyle, rather than picking DPS stuff like Boltor Prime or Sancti Tigris or Vaykor Hek. The thing is... You might have seen a MK-1 Strun or whatever, but in PVP they deal almost the same amount of damage as high tier PVE weapons. This is made to make the conclave competitive. So... don't get too shocked ^^