The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk about Valkyr's Hysteria nerf, I mean "rework".

DrakoKnight48

I want to have a simple discussion about the recent reworks to one of my most beloved and overall most used warframe, Valkyr. I've been using her mostly because her fourth ability known as "Hysteria". Once I logged into the game and decided to run a ODS (Orokin Derelict Survival) mission run. Yet when I cast the ability I noticed my energy had depleted faster from 400 to 0 the longer I used it (which happened to sum up to a minute). At first I figured it must have been because I had forgotten to equip my maxed rank Streamline. Only to be completely shocked at the fact I had Streamline equipped the entire time running said mission. What was going on? I had no clue until I found out some warframes received reworks.

Here's what I found out about Valkyr: 

• The longer she remains in her Hysteria state, the more energy is drained as indicated on the growing numbered percentage bar showing adding up were the logo for her Hysteria is located

If she leaves hysteria while within a 20m radius. she receives all damage taken to her while in her Hysteria state.

This was all tested by me yesterday during my play-though using my Valkyr on an alert Corpus mission Nitain. In my opinion. I don't like this rework. For many reasons, too.

• For starters, the drain ignores the fact I have a maxed out Streamline on my Valkyr.
  • There are already so two factions that have ways of draining my energy completely or cancel out the ability instantly. Them being both the Corpus and Infested.
  • I take every bit of damage taken should I leave Hysteria while near an enemy.

Now here are some problems I'd like you to hear about. Starting off with the infested. The infested have the Ancient Disruptor stands out for the ability to drain away and even remove a Warframe's energy (Credit to warframe's own wiki for a reference). This. This right here is the for my constant energy drains I had running OD missions. What made it worst was the fact Hysteria only lasted a minute or haft that when an Ancient Disruptor showed up. Making the drain even more quick. 

Next the Corpus. We call know who I'm talking about. The Nullifier Crewmen and  Isolator Bursa. These two on the map are the most troublesome match to go against. Nullifiers rush your position, not giving Valkyr players time to run away to another room to safely dispel their Hysteria ability (I'd like you to remember you take damage if you aren't at least 20m away from any enemy when you leave hysteria. Also, to remember how big nullifier's bubbles are. Especially in tight spaces.) As for the Isolator Bursa. We all know how bad they are. Before you can get away from the, they'll hook you to the ground pulling you over to a spot were a small nullifier bubble is waiting to dispel your ability. Again, if you took damage while in hysteria, all of it will be sent to you. 

All I want is for Valkyr's ability to go back to what it used to be. Because if being in hysteria to long is what you were worried about. Worry no more. I've given you reasons why being in hysteria very long isn't possible with all the enemies that can remove or take you of of hysteria in a flash. I love this warframe and this ability. Please, DE. Give me back my old Valkyr. That's all I ask...

Edited by DrakoKnight48

You do know she have more than just hysteria right , even with the "nerf" she still as effective as before it just a minor hit,i use her for war cry so i dont have much problem with it, you can alway bullet jump up and deactivate hysteria , DE do this so people would use her other ability not just hysteria alone.

I personally use a Warcry build with some arcanes. It's more than enough to help me take on 3rd sortie mission enemies as far as I've played so while I admit Hysteria was made riskier, the risk was heavily called for due to the benefits it gives.

the changes were made for a good reason, hysteria was and still is essentially god-mode for her. as it was it was too powerful, at least now it somewhat encourages you to rely on more than just her ult. before it was more of a press4win thing, now you should at least keep an eye on her energy, how long you've been in hysteria, and the enemies around her. i see no reason to complain unless you want to cheese things, which is the reason for the changes...so you cant do so as easily

2 hours ago, Khanhls124 said:

You do know she have more than just hysteria right , even with the "nerf" she still as effective as before it just a minor hit,i use her for war cry so i dont have much problem with it, you can alway bullet jump up and deactivate hysteria , DE do this so people would use her other ability not just hysteria alone.

To be honest. I don't use any of her other abilities. The pull and one second stun doesn't help me much. Plus her warcry is on her Hysteria ability, so no point on wasting energy on it. Bullet jump doesn't help much because some areas don't give your much room to fly haft way across its. 

Want a solution? 

Rage mod. 

Wanna know how Valkyr was played in the past without the drain? 

Take hits and only Hysteria when she gets low. (because being stuck without guns is not fun for some players) 

This entire change was applied to push Valkyr players back to how they used Hysteria back when it was still Duration based and people used Hysteria wisely. 

They didn't just wall Hysteria away behind a conditional wall like they did with Saryn's Miasma burst, they changed it to force players to think twice before going Hysteria for no reason. 

2 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

the changes were made for a good reason, hysteria was and still is essentially god-mode for her. as it was it was too powerful, at least now it somewhat encourages you to rely on more than just her ult. before it was more of a press4win thing, now you should at least keep an eye on her energy, how long you've been in hysteria, and the enemies around her. i see no reason to complain unless you want to cheese things, which is the reason for the changes...so you cant do so as easily

Oh come on. This game is nothing but easily. Have you been on higher leveled missions? It becomes cheese due to how much enemies become bullet sponges and are able to kill off any of my warframes in one shot. That right there is the reason I ran with Valkyr. She gave me a way of evening the playing field. That's if i had the right amount of energy to get the job done. As I stated in my post. There are many ways of Valkyr to get knocked out of Hysteria. Why add an additional way of doing it instead of debuffing already hard to kill enimies like bursas?

Just now, DrakoKnight48 said:

Oh come on. This game is nothing but easily. Have you been on higher leveled missions? It becomes cheese due to how much enemies become bullet sponges and are able to kill off any of my warframes in one shot. That right there is the reason I ran with Valkyr. She gave me a way of evening the playing field. That's if i had the right amount of energy to get the job done. As I stated in my post. There are many ways of Valkyr to get knocked out of Hysteria. Why add an additional way of doing it instead of debuffing already hard to kill enimies like bursas?

well, lets see...they're looking into the scaling problems, and things like bursas and nulls were originally added as a counter measure to things like hysteria and cc spam? do i need to explain more? it doesnt take much to see that major balancing is needed and this is just the start of it

10 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

To be honest. I don't use any of her other abilities. The pull and one second stun doesn't help me much. Plus her warcry is on her Hysteria ability, so no point on wasting energy on it. Bullet jump doesn't help much because some areas don't give your much room to fly haft way across its. 

Her #2 & 3 are great abilities when you build for them, leaving her #4 as a still decent "Oh crap" moment and it's a lot more fun honestly.

I only had a hysteria build for speed running capture missions.

Lol nerf... With a decent build efficiency is just little less than before.

its still very easy to keep up endlessly while striking for 40k damage average.

the rework shoul'd have encouraged and promoted switching hysteria on and off. This just does the opposite while making hysteria just slightly more expensive 

well, lets see...they're looking into the scaling problems, and things like bursas and nulls were originally added as a counter measure to things like hysteria and cc spam? do i need to explain more? it doesnt take much to see that major balancing is needed and this is just the start of it

Look dude. All I want is for the percentage meter to be taken off. I'm gonna kill enemies using my other weapons haft the time. Then use Hysteria to kill a bursa in case one shows up. At least that's how I play the game. I certainly don't spam the thing 24/7. Ya gonna mix up the game-play somehow. 

Just now, DrakoKnight48 said:

Look dude. All I want is for the percentage meter to be taken off. I'm gonna kill enemies using my other weapons haft the time. Then use Hysteria to kill a bursa in case one shows up. At least that's how I play the game. I certainly don't spam the thing 24/7. Ya gonna mix up the game-play somehow. 

if thats the case why are you bothered by the %?

if thats the case why are you bothered by the %?

Because. The longer you are in hysteria, the quicker the energy drains. By the time its at 100% your energy will drain like you have no efficiency mod equipped on your warframe. Yet streamline is the reason I maxed it out. So I can save more power. 

2 hours ago, ashrah said:

valkyr is just not good like before......real scenario on high lvl valkyr will die lot now

I know. i tired going on a shorty mission the other day. My energy drained fast like a leech trinity was on me. I got wrecked popping out of Hysteria. 

1 minute ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Because. The longer you are in hysteria, the quicker the energy drains. By the time its at 100% your energy will drain like you have no efficiency mod equipped on your warframe. Yet streamline is the reason I maxed it out. So I can save more power. 

Streamline alone isn't going to help. I recommend Fleeting Expertise and a higher duration mod to help with hysteria energy cost.

1 minute ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

I know. i tired going on a shorty mission the other day. My energy drained fast like a leech trinity was on me. I got wrecked popping out of Hysteria. 

I hope you understand that Duration also affects energy drain

2 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Streamline alone isn't going to help. I recommend Fleeting Expertise and a higher duration mod to help with hysteria energy cost.

Thanks. I'll get to farming for fleeting Expertise. The thing hasn't dropped for me once running Vault runs. In case DE doesn't fix this. look like I've have to get working on rebuilding my baby from the ground up. 

2 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Toggle Abilities like Hysteria, aren't just effected by streamline.  they are also effected by duration mods too for the amount of energy drain per second.   

Other then that.   I'm glad for the rework,  Makess Hysteria back into the "oh Crap" ability to mass kill things and heal you too.  yet.. The precentage thing was always part of Hysteria, they merely added an indicator to show how much you would take.   People forgot about that part of the ability do to how people could build valkyr for perma hysteria. So.  Ya..  Damage taken if Hysteria ends when enemies are around,   was always part of the ability...

(Also...  Warcry isn't part of Hysteria, might get slight attack speed bonus,  But its nothing if you add warcry to it too.   ^_^)

2 hours ago, Tveoh said:

Toggle Abilities like Hysteria, aren't just effected by streamline.  they are also effected by duration mods too for the amount of energy drain per second.   

Other then that.   I'm glad for the rework,  Makess Hysteria back into the "oh Crap" ability to mass kill things and heal you too.  yet.. The precentage thing was always part of Hysteria, they merely added an indicator to show how much you would take.   People forgot about that part of the ability do to how people could build valkyr for perma hysteria. So.  Ya..  Damage taken if Hysteria ends when enemies are around,   was always part of the ability...

(Also...  Warcry isn't part of Hysteria, might get slight attack speed bonus,  But its nothing if you add warcry to it too.   ^_^)

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that to be honest. Imma go take a few looks over at the warframe wiki. Hopefully I'll find a mod or two that'll help fix my problem I've been having with my Valkyr.