Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i got cheated on a trade

(PSN)tarata0tarata

Question

Hello guys

So there i was trading with a guy. We made a deal. He was supposed to give me a burston prime receiver, 5 fusion cores and 15 platinum for orthos prime bp handle and blade and carrier prime bp. He was supposed to give them in 2 trades cause not enough space. When we made the 1st part of the trade he leaves and starts calling -snip- that the game kicked him and that he can only trade once per day. I have screenshots with our chat, his profile and a video of the whole trade. Can i report him anywhere to get my stuff back or at least to have him banned? I got only the burston prime receiver and 4 fusion cores. His name is -snip- and he is on the North american server east.

Thank you in advance

Edited by Letter13
Name & Shame = no no.

21 answers to this question

First, never do trust trades unless you've known the other person for a long time worthy of high trust, or maybe only to real friends.

In a way it's your own fault, maybe innocence or ignorance, but well, let's hope you've learned the lesson the hard way.

You can however open a ticket to support and share all evidence with DE. He might still get in trouble as he did scam and did disruptive behavior.

On a side note, to make sure you know: he did lie on the 1 trade per day, you're only allowed to trade after reaching MR2 and your trades are equal to your MR, meaning he had to be able to trade a minimum of 2 times per day, and I bet he was of higher MR meaning he had plenty more (if not wasted them earlier).

Friend list is nothing besides a list to names. I mean an In Real Life friend. A person you know for real, not an anonymous that you'll never be able to reach.

MR 2 still has 2 daily trades, he could be not lying if he said he only had 1 trade for "today", but 1 trade per day is a lie. Even if he did waste his other trade he does not have only 1 daily trade. You can check if you're the one initiating the trade, on the player list that show up it mentions how many remaining trade you have.

Long story short, in a similar case, looking at this case, you should have given up on 3 R5 cores as it was the least worthy and gotten the platinum and the receiver.

Most important, remove his name from your original post, it is forbidden to name and shame by forum rules.

1 minute ago, Manyc said:

First, never do trust trades unless you've known the other person for a long time worthy of high trust, or maybe only to real friends.

In a way it's your own fault, maybe innocence or ignorance, but well, let's hope you've learned the lesson the hard way.

You can however open a ticket to support and share all evidence with DE. He might still get in trouble as he did scam and did disruptive behavior.

On a side note, to make sure you know: he did lie on the 1 trade per day, you're only allowed to trade after reaching MR2 and your trades are equal to your MR, meaning he had to be able to trade a minimum of 2 times per day, and I bet he was of higher MR meaning he had plenty more (if not wasted them earlier).

he was rank 2 silver initiate

could he be telling the truth that he cant make more trades?

also he added me on psn and on my friend list before we traded

Please remove his name from your post. Naming and shaming is not allowed here.

I'm really sorry for your loss but I'm not sure if there is much you or support can do here. On the bright side you didn't lost that much (imagine your trade would be for some vaulted frames or rare event mods...)

If it happened yesterday there is still chance he will keep his word and trade you the rest today. If it was longer than that and he ignores you since... well... s**t happens. Next time ask for the most valuable items in the first trade especially if all your items fit in one or try to split to parts of equal value. Unfortunately not everyone has good intentions, however it's beyond me why someone would risk reputation for 75 cents...

1 minute ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

Please remove his name from your post. Naming and shaming is not allowed here.

I'm really sorry for your loss but I'm not sure if there is much you or support can do here. On the bright side you didn't lost that much (imagine your trade would be for some vaulted frames or rare event mods...)

If it happened yesterday there is still chance he will keep his word and trade you the rest today. If it was longer than that and he ignores you since... well... s**t happens. Next time ask for the most valuable items in the first trade especially if all your items fit in one or try to split to parts of equal value. Unfortunately not everyone has good intentions, however it's beyond me why someone would risk reputation for 75 cents...

we traded today 1 hour ago 

he closed his ps4 1 min after the 1st part of the trade

12 minutes ago, (PS4)tarata0tarata said:

we traded today 1 hour ago 

he closed his ps4 1 min after the 1st part of the trade

He may be just a kid who panicked after running out of trades or maybe he found the hard way that starting platinum is not tradable. I know you feel ripped off but your only hope to get your items back is stay calm.

Check his PSN profile if he plays other games and has some achievements (if it's possible). If yes that's good sign as it is probably his primary account and not a fake one to just get to MR2, scam few people and delete. If it's his primary account send him polite message when you will be online and that you expect him to keep his word. Don't rage or yell at him or you will loose your items :)

If Warframe is the only game on his profile, you are out of luck. Neither DE nor Sony would ban his console for broken promise and the account is throw-out anyway and your items already transferred.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek

9 minutes ago, (PS4)tarata0tarata said:

If i bait threaten him by saying that they will ban his account if he doesnt give me my plat because i will sent on the forums screenshots and videos of the whole trade?

You should always try to be the bigger person, don't lower yourself to his position. Accept this as a lesson and never do multi part trades. Single trades only unless you can equally divide everything. (like 15 R5 cores for 15 plat, you could divide 5 cores -> 5 plat on each trade).

Most you should do is open a ticket with Warframe support. See if they do anything to it.

Also, be reminded, don't post anything with his name on the forum, censor it if you really want to post it.

2 minutes ago, Naramor said:

Who the hell trades for fusion cores?

Many people, it's also a way to make small first amounts of platinum for trading starters.

It's also traded both in and outside mods. (buying ranked mods is a way to buy fusion cores, although it seems stupid, it is a method used)