Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag: HOLD 1 to Push

PikeOrShield

I've seen the ideas of incorporating a push ability into Mag's kit, and I think this would be a great way to do it.  The main problem most proposed implementations run into is that they kill fluidity.  This is my idea for maintaining instant CC, ease of use, and that sweet style kill.

Mechanics: Tapping 1 will pull enemies towards Mag like it already does.  Holding 1 will start of the same way and pull enemies toward Mag for the instant CC, however if you're still holding the button ~halfway through the animation, enemies will be flung back away from Mag.  Think of those vacuumed explosions where people get pulled into the blast by the sudden vacuum before being hit by the shockwave and getting tossed the other way.  This change will maintain the flow of the current ability, while adding some options on where the enemies get dropped off.  It plays into that fantasy of being able to pull and move enemies wherever you want while still looking really cool.

I think damage and cost should stay the same (no extra cost or damage for holding the button).

If anyone can find a gif of something like this, I would really appreciate it (I've been searching for about an hour to no avail).

3 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

I think itd be nicer if when you held pull itd pull the armor shards with it dealing extra dmg for double the cost of energy

there's an idea. alternatively, simply pulling the shards with no extra damage as part of the base cast so you have a few to juice up the Magnetize on all the enemies you just pulled to you

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Abilities are still the primary determining choices and differences between Warframe usage.

exactly. Mag and Banshee would still have drastically different usage even if they both had a push. Does Nova's wormhole make Loki's or Ash's teleport pointless too?

13 minutes ago, Virotoxic said:

Does Nova's wormhole make Loki's or Ash's teleport pointless too?

no, because they are fundamentally different. 

Pull and Sonic Boom are only different as of now because they go opposite directions. other than that they are identical.

47 minutes ago, taiiat said:

for better or worse, all this succeeds in doing is making Sonic Boom redundant and pointless.

Except Sonic Boom is faster and has an armor stripping augment.  The kits of each frame are different as well.

19 minutes ago, PikeOrShield said:

Feel free to repost it or link it.  I'm not sure if this falls under feedback, but it looks like you might have a bit more experience with these things.

This isn't going to get any traction here. Not that I agree with your suggestion, but for the sake of the FC forum and your thread, you may want to request a mod move it.