Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way to Solo Farm T4 Defense?

Darealslenderman

Question

Been doing solo, because people always complain when i host Tower Defenses about lag. 

Haven't gotten through too many keys, about 10 total, most because I failed 4 at least,  i would say, over course of 2 - 3 days. 

But i have been using full Synoid Simulor Mirage for this, mostly but corrupted bombards and nullifers have been absoluting wrecking me, in which every time ive failed, is because a corrupted bombard has been killing me usually on wave 20 or 19, then the cryopod. 

Been using Spira Prime as a secondary, for long distance enemies and nullifer bubbles if they become a problem. 

Is there safer methods? 

Edited by Darealslenderman

12 answers to this question

I solo T4s to 20 with a frost prime, carrying Hek, Sonicor, random high level weapon plus a Carrier/ Carrier Prime so I don't have to run to round everything up.  Generally speaking, I put up two globes, one covering the front of the artifact and one carrying the back so that I don't wind up with it dropping and leaving the whole thing open to 360 fire; it'll be at least partially protected.

Hek is a beast that can murder most of the stuff you'll see in that defense, even if not modded for heavy grineer units, and sonicor is great for knocking things away or giving you a CC burst that isn't dependent on energy; plus it can kill a lot of the non-heavy mobs you'll see.   Mostly, as long as I'm careful with the snow globe life and don't spend too much time dashing around in the middle of heavy mobs, I tend not to have too much trouble. Good luck!

interesting, that the bombards killed you and not the objective. i'll try to do a wave20 solo T4def with mirage on the weekend.

as others said, zenurik + max efficiency frost makes it a piece of cake. spam the **** out of that 3 button! I use max range too, because bombard rockets can damage stuff inside the globe

I solo it with Ash till wave 20 and just place a eximus specter from new loka next to the POD to reduce any potential damage on the objective. a Fast firing weapon may help to take out nullies. 

If you want to go further, a Frost is safer. 

Frost, Zenurik passive, 248% power strength and as much efficiency as you can manage. Synoid Simulor and use the vortex in chokepoints. That globe recast 4 timea will take a beating and Zenurik will allow you to still spam it if necessary, even with blind rage. I solo to 40 waves with this setup, use Avalanche for those quick Moas that in the globe. Bring a quick firing secondary for nullifiers and arctic eximus bubbles.

On 2016. 06. 02. at 3:50 AM, Darealslenderman said:

Been doing solo, because people always complain when i host Tower Defenses about lag. 

Haven't gotten through too many keys, about 10 total, most because I failed 4 at least,  i would say, over course of 2 - 3 days. 

But i have been using full Synoid Simulor Mirage for this, mostly but corrupted bombards and nullifers have been absoluting wrecking me, in which every time ive failed, is because a corrupted bombard has been killing me usually on wave 20 or 19, then the cryopod. 

Been using Spira Prime as a secondary, for long distance enemies and nullifer bubbles if they become a problem. 

Is there safer methods? 

aaaand, DONE!

i don't know if using loka specters does count as cheating or not, but as you can see in the video, i was nowhere near failing (not even close to die because of quick thinking)

so, you can colo T4DEF until 20 waves using mirage + simulor, and i think it is even faster and more fun than using frost

video is rendering in 1080p atm:

I know it sounds stupid but: Nyx. 

I solod a t4 because some meanies left at the last second and I kept going. From 5-35. 

I used a max range 250 99 duration 175 eff 40 str build it it wasn't easy but it wasn't that bad. The enemies just kept to themselves and I sniped the ones that got too close with my Paris prime. I also used Hikou prime explosion build to break bubbles. Took me like 65 mins but I did it. 

I also was very picky on who I mind controlled. 

There's no safer way than Frost. I agree it's not the funniest in solo - even though he's my most played frame - but you can't fail with him. I'd say 160% range is okay, don't go max range because the bombards dropping from the above floor would be inside the bubble and wreck you, and don't run less range because the explosions would hurt you from the outside.

1 hour ago, (PS4)satsukixpenny said:

I know it sounds stupid but: Nyx. 

i usually always solo t4 defenses with nyx , its very easy to get to to wave 20 without stress. and i and i definitely recommend her, like someone said max 175%  efficiency and good  range , duration and power strenght can be ignored because chaos can be recast when you want to refresh it and and mind control  has sufficient duration imho to get the job done. you can use something like this build with easy to get mods, you dont even need to forma it and try to get the zenurik energy regen passive:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nyx_prime/t_30_0304020030_1-3-10-2-7-10-5-0-5-14-5-5-17-4-5-34-8-5-46-6-5-55-1-4-256-2-3_5-9-55-5-256-9-1-7-17-9-14-5-46-11-2-12-34-14-f-f_0/en/1-0-27

Edited by minidelight