Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got a new puppy

lightdragon64

I won't be able to attend tenno con unfortunately, because i now have a big responsibility in a small package, as stated here.

But as requested, i do have some pictures to share!

Say hi to my new Aussie! her name is Lapis!

XiAW9io.jpg

I got her because the breeder who originally owned her did not want her because she was born a stark white. 

nVDEGXP.jpg

normally stark white on a newborn dog in breeds that do not normally have a bright white color usually means they could be blind/deaf or both

9JrB4Ih.jpg

luckily she is most definitely not blind, I'm still trying to figure out if she is deaf.

l7hwsKM.jpg

it's a big responsibility i just got handed, and this is the reason why i won't be able to go, perhaps next time maybe? well we'll see.

Edited by lightdragon64

I know the feel of uncertainty. I have a dog that is deaf. Was born into a litter of 6 and all but my dog(or at least the one of the two I got) is the one with the least problems. Beside my deaf dog there was one that didn't even have the bone thing on the ribcage only the ribs not connecting. My other one(a very pretty and lovable female) just started to become sluggish one day and went to her bed and stayed there until she passed.

If she is deaf it will be difficult for her to follow orders unless you begin right now. My doggy is really smart so he does sit and tend to stay but, that was when he was being trained with his sister so he saw what to do. He does understand hand signals to come and go and sit and stay. Other than that I would seek help to see how else to help you out.

Open hand Horizontal=sit or stay

Closed hand=calm down

Pointed fingers(like snapping fingers)=stop barking

Basic movements=come/go

5 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I know the feel of uncertainty. I have a dog that is deaf. Was born into a litter of 6 and all but my dog(or at least the one of the two I got) is the one with the least problems. Beside my deaf dog there was one that didn't even have the bone thing on the ribcage only the ribs not connecting. My other one(a very pretty and lovable female) just started to become sluggish one day and went to her bed and stayed there until she passed.

If she is deaf it will be difficult for her to follow orders unless you begin right now. My doggy is really smart so he does sit and tend to stay but, that was when he was being trained with his sister so he saw what to do. He does understand hand signals to come and go and sit and stay. Other than that I would seek help to see how else to help you

luckily this isin't my first deaf dog i have raised from puppy-hood! but yea, hopefully she isn't, still trying to figure out that part

2 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Should have named her Ghost! Well, it's not a Direwolf, but same difference!

thoughts like that went through my mind, but something about the name Lapis stuck with me. perhaps it is the piercing blue eyes she has.

Edited by lightdragon64