Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Build with Medi-Ray?

DEATHLOK

Question

I was just told that the placement of Precept mods on Sentinels actually matters, that the AI prioritizes actions in the following order: top left corner, top right corner, bottom left corner, and bottom right corner.

So I went to move mods around, and realized I had stuck Medi-Ray somewhere in the middle. It's a new mod, and I'm not finding build recommendations that mention it.

I'm not experienced enough to know what the Carrier should be doing each millisecond of a furball, so I'm here to ask: How do I put together the normal Carrier Sentinel, given the inclusion of the Medi-Ray mod?

And does Regen even need to go in one of the corner spots?

Thanks!

Edited by DEATHLOK

15 answers to this question

Put medi-ray in first slot and vacuum/regen in last, I don't know what you want for the 2nd slot but I'd highly recommend Guardian

After that put whatever you want in the middle

Edited by Praxxor

5 minutes ago, spacedkadet said:

I have mine built with out the ability to shoot enemies because I don't need my sentinel to shoot for me, so its a pure utility carrier that i like. 3 formas and my medi ray works great. Love this build :D

c037cadf1e.jpg

Wait a sec

Isn't it max 4 precepts? or Medi-Ray doesn't count as one?

14 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Wait a sec

Isn't it max 4 precepts? or Medi-Ray doesn't count as one?

Only max of 4 in the UI of the sentinel but it still all works past 4. I have Mediray, guardian, striker, vacuum, and regen and they all still activate.

59 minutes ago, spacedkadet said:

I have mine built with out the ability to shoot enemies because I don't need my sentinel to shoot for me, so its a pure utility carrier that i like. 3 formas and my medi ray works great. Love this build :D

c037cadf1e.jpg

This. This is what I plan my Carrier to look like. Except for Accelerated deflection, though not sure what I'd replace that with, maybe spare parts. Due to the way shield regen mods work (they modify how fast your shield goes from 0 to max, but do not affect how quickly it begins to recharge), I think they are mostly useless.

At the wiki, I've just read that we should put Sanctuary in either the first or second slot, because it is actually a Precept, despite the Vizarin polarity. Now, does that mean the first or second CORNER, or the two slots starting in the upper left corner? Very unclear.

I have noticed that my Carrier uses Sanctuary only once in a blue moon, making me question its efficacy.

First or the second slot starting from upper left. Basically, it goes from the top left corner to the top right corner, moving through ALL the slots. Vacuum is apparently always on, so you can put that in the last. Then it's a preference of sanctuary, guardian and medi-ray (and regen), though I usually put them in that order. You could have them all on the top row and they would still work (but wouldn't obviously benefit from the polarities on the corners).

So, all spots count for priority&precepts, but it's just the corners that are usually used because they have the polarities right.

Regarding Vacuum: Is it, in fact, "always on," that it would not matter where it is placed on the loadout screen? For instance, if the Sentinel AI has to make a choice during one millisecond to shoot an incoming enemy or suck up some polymer bundles, which action will happen first? Or will a Carrier continue sucking up drops, despite whatever else may be happening moment to moment?

I'm offering this feedback to the developers, in the hope someone might deign to clear things up:

Confusion exists surrounding the priority of Sentinel precepts, likely due to the default location of precept polarity slots, but compounded by mods such as Sanctuary, which is a precept with a Vazarin polarity.

The default location of the precept polarity slots, in the four corners of a Sentinel loadout, has lead many to assume that the corner locations are the only locations considered when calculating mod priority. This argument is commonly tossed about on the forums, thus perpetuating initial confusions.

The wiki indicates that mod priority simply flows left to right, top to bottom, throughout the entire loadout, and includes all slots, regardless of polarity.

The wiki also indicates that Sanctuary is a precept, despite not having a precept polarity.

We need a definitive explanation of Sentinel precepts, priorities, and polarities—all relative to the physical layout of the Sentinel loadout screen.

Would, for example, anything change if I relocated all Precept polarity slots to the top row of the loadout screen? What if I put a Vazarin polarity slot at the top left—would it have priority over the next space to the right, even if that space had a Precept polarity? Does Regen stop working if not placed in one of the four default Precept polarity slots? ?

Thank you.

Edited by DEATHLOK

On 2016. 06. 03. at 10:35 PM, DEATHLOK said:

Medi-Ray over Guardian?

Anytime on my inaros ;-)

to the topic:

my percept order is the following (also explained why)

i always put guardian first, because if i don't have shields, it is top priority to replenish them.

second is sanctuary for me, again, if i'm reviving someone, protecting me while standing still is more important than shooting some distant enemies or picking up loot

third is medi ray, see 1 and 2

then looter, because carrier can use vacuum after the container is open

i use vacuum last

i personally don't use striker, but if i would, i'd put it after vacuum

doesn't matter where you put them: animal instinct and redirection/vitality

if you use the attack percept, once it activates, it won't deactivate until the gun has to reload, or a higher priority percept activates. this is why you put it on the last (bottom right) slot. otherwise it would delay your guardian/medi ray/sanctuary - especially if using deth machine rifle

1. 2

3 4 

They are in an order, and will activate in that order. I dropped regeneration on mine because with the new bleed out you will get it back if you die. I use vaccum, medi ray, guardian, whichever you choose. I noticed the player above questioned his sanctuary mod. I haven't researched that but mine works every time. If your trying to revive in the middle of a firefight it won't last real long. It is a fixed health globe like frost and ranking it up will raise it's health. Other than looter I have the same build on mine. Tough to beat. 

No disrespect, but I'm not convinced. If Sactuary is a "precept" mod with a Vazarin polarity, then do I have to replace one of the Precept polarities in a corner location with a Vazarin to get Sanctuary to work properly?

As someone said, a lot of things in the game have never been adequately explained. This is compounded by the wiki contradicting itself.

If you look back up at my picture, everything works just fine.  sanctuary fires every time i revive, medi-ray always heals me, stuff is always sucked up, my shields are always replenished. the only thing that i'm not 100% on is if you have striker in and have the sentinel shooting enemies (you really shouldn't need your sentinel to shoot enemies unless you are really week)