Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoilt for choice.

QuinnTheEskimo

Question

Not played for a long time, came back today to find a huge amount of weapons to choose from, still love my boltor prime but feel i should get some more weapons secondary and melee.

I have no idea where to start on whats good and whats not, can someone give me a link maybe to any guides etc i can look over, would be much appreciated.

11 answers to this question

Depends on how long it has been since you last played, really. What was the last weapon/frame to be released when you last played?

Regardless, I'd say go for Akstiletto Prime as secondary. They wreck stuff. Another great secondary (with some formas needed to make it QoL-friendly) is the Staticor -or the Sonicor if you don't want to bother forma'ing that much.

For melee, I enjoy Nikana Prime and Fragor Prime. The Destreza rapier is also excellent as is the Mios (sword and whip) if you don't have it.

Personally, I'd suggest going about leveling all new weapons that are out and finding out which ones fit your style best though.

Rule of thumb: most of the syndicate/prime weapons are keepers, most other things are personal taste.  Special notice to the Aksomati, War, Broken-war, Staticor, and Sonicor.  ... But it all pales in comparison to the power-creep reigning champ: the Tonkor.

depends on what you want out of your weapons. as a Boltor prime fan, I'll assume faster weapons are your thing (but feel free to weigh in if otherwise)

a good secondary would be the Telos AkBolto: it fits thematically, and they are very capable guns, plus the Arbiters proc restores health IIRC, so it's easier to stay alive in the worst scenarios, as long as you are getting affinity. if you intend on a Boltor themed set, you could go for the Boltace as your melee, though it's endgame effectiveness is debateable.

if you want to venture away from the Boltor family, AkStiletto Prime or Aksomati are great machine pistols that are hard hitting crit weapons also. if you have the Primed Pistol mods, you can make them really good weapons. for a melee, it mostly depends on preferred melee weapon type, but you generally can't go wrong with Nikana prime, Scindo prime, Broken War/War,Jat Kittag or Dual Cleavers (Prisma version especially.)

3 hours ago, PikeOrShield said:

Rule of thumb: most of the syndicate/prime weapons are keepers, most other things are personal taste.  Special notice to the Aksomati, War, Broken-war, Staticor, and Sonicor.  ... But it all pales in comparison to the power-creep reigning champ: the Tonkor.

I don't think i've even joined a sydicate yet, thats how long since i've played, the only prime weapon i've got is the boltor prime, i like fast and slow weapons(Latron) but not the soma,

just been giving the Dex Sybaris and the Tiberon a go and like them, and also the Akstiletto, and pretty much exclusively use my Dual Kamas.

2 hours ago, QuinnTheEskimo said:

I don't think i've even joined a sydicate yet, thats how long since i've played, the only prime weapon i've got is the boltor prime, i like fast and slow weapons(Latron) but not the soma,

just been giving the Dex Sybaris and the Tiberon a go and like them, and also the Akstiletto, and pretty much exclusively use my Dual Kamas.

What's your mastery rank?

If you like the Akstiletto, you'll love the Prime :D

5 hours ago, QuinnTheEskimo said:

Rank 10 are the prime versions easy to get solo ?

When u reach mr12 you can get syndicate weapons like the Synoid Simulor and Vaykor Hek. The new primes may be difficult to get solo, old ones not so much. You can also go to the trade chat, since the drop rate is 100% there xD