Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade channel pricing

Recently, I've been trying to put together some extra plat. Not a huge deal. It isn't hard to get from the trade channel if your patient.

the comments lately though, along with the pricing of some items, leave me a little confused. One in particular has me wondering whether someone release counterfeit plat on the market, devaluing it.

ive played long enough to know that prices fluctuate. Even an unpopular prime warframe can cost hundreds of plat when recently released. Prices go down when the market has been saturated enough.

mods can be a guaranteed source of plat though. Syndicate mods, stance mods, event mods.

when I first started, high noon was guaranteed plat. Everyone wanted it, and farming for it was almost impossible. 

the only good place people would farm for it was in the mutalist Alad v assassination mission, to get Mesa parts.

nav coordinates only appeared as invasion rewards, and sometimes planets were impossible to unlock for weeks at a time because a phorid appearance locked up a boss mission, making it impossible to get nav segments needed for key planets. Collecting things like orokin cells and neural sensors required taxiing from other players.

im sure more then a few of the players still playing remember that.

circling back around to the confusing bit. The high noon mod. Hard to find to enemy, a drop rate of .25%, the mission everyone like to go to to farm it would sometimes cost plat, as nav coordinates for it could be hard to come by.

the end price of this rare mod, at that time? Between 60 to 90. Completely new. All the new stance mods since then have had a similar price, unless it was an event mod.

astral twilight and tempo Royal had people offering to pay around 300. Vermilion storm was worth 1200.

the thing about them being that they were event mods. Vermillion storm wasn't even a guaranteed reward from the event like the other two, and the void trader wasn't even around yet.

so why is it that vengeful revenant, a non-event stance mod, with a guaranteed enemy appearance is worth more then a brand new astral twilight, or tempo Royal? The drop rate is the same as high noon, your guaranteed to see 1 to 3 of the enemies that drop it in an easy to unlock mission.

sorry about ranting, but I'm genuinely confused here. I will admit, after seeing everyone selling it at insane prices, I would probably sell it for more then 90. 

But it it isn't worth the price they're selling it for. It's not even the newest stance mod anymore, meaning that they will have probably made it easier to find.

please tell me I'm not the only one confused.

The very 1st mistake you are doing is trying to find a price based on what you see instead of finding one of your own. If the price you establish isn't making you happy then why sell it at that price?

Find a price that suits you and then find a buyer that accepts that price, if you keep lowering the price just to get rid of it, the effort will not justify the gain.

Vengefull revenant drops from conculysts, so it's pretty dam rare to see a drop, let alone the rare drop you want

22 minutes ago, (XB1)LightEnvelope66 said:

Not trying to find a price here. Just wondering why people think it is worth over 300 plat for a mod that isn't going anywhere. The next big tactical alert is even going to be having it as a potential drop.

Well pc and console have different update, that's why it is confusing for you. But the main point remain in the fact that there are too little VR hunter even in pc so I assumed worse for console. Plus,Not alot of people bothered to finish the storyline (2ND dream) since it's isn't a necessity. If you hunt VR solo, the chances of occulyst appearance is quite low (2 ~ 4 in about 10 runs) 

Edited by Nijyumensou

3 hours ago, Nijyumensou said:

Well pc and console have different update, that's why it is confusing for you. But the main point remain in the fact that there are too little VR hunter even in pc so I assumed worse for console. Plus,Not alot of people bothered to finish the storyline (2ND dream) since it's isn't a necessity. If you hunt VR solo, the chances of occulyst appearance is quite low (2 ~ 4 in about 10 runs) 

Uhm what?! Not a lot of people bothered to finish 2nd dream?! Who would bother getting the most powerful sword in the game and get basically unlimited energy through zenurik (or shadowstep if you don't want the energy)?

Also occulysts appear on all of the 3 initial moon maps. And even solo you always get 2 attack units, so you basically get 1 chance for the stance/run.

It's still pretty hard to farm. The sentients are pretty tough. You also only get 1 attack/per run or 5 mins in survival. And the only other useful thing you can get there is the neurodes. That's probably the reason why people pay so much for it. Maybe it's also that they don't know how to farm it, because sentients aren't like all the other enemies that just show up.

3 hours ago, (XB1)LightEnvelope66 said:

Not trying to find a price here. Just wondering why people think it is worth over 300 plat for a mod that isn't going anywhere. The next big tactical alert is even going to be having it as a potential drop.

Prices are personal, that means someone found out that a price that they liked was 300, that's the value that makes them happy.

You have no input on other players prices, if you feel 300 is to much, then find the mod and sell it for less.

Our meta doesn't call for redeemer even though it's amazing, vengeful rev yes is farmable but drop rate is abysmal from what I've heard and supply drives it up and also it's off of a popular wep stance, where as astral yes rare is only for thrown weps, which is almost never used, save face trin.

5 minutes ago, gluih said:

Uhm what?! Not a lot of people bothered to finish 2nd dream?! Who would bother getting the most powerful sword in the game and get basically unlimited energy through zenurik (or shadowstep if you don't want the energy)?

Also occulysts appear on all of the 3 initial moon maps. And even solo you always get 2 attack units, so you basically get 1 chance for the stance/run.

It's still pretty hard to farm. The sentients are pretty tough. You also only get 1 attack/per run or 5 mins in survival. And the only other useful thing you can get there is the neurodes. That's probably the reason why people pay so much for it. Maybe it's also that they don't know how to farm it, because sentients aren't like all the other enemies that just show up.

Well, thanks to Draco. I have seen MR 10 + without broken war or they reply me that they don't have moon unlocked when I was doing VR farm previously. 

4 minutes ago, Dante123pl said:

the price of VR is high probly cause of really low drop chance, i ve done myself around 100~ moon runs for VR and havent got 1 from there yet

but...

w0zVL37.jpg

Thank you Teshin D:

Well, that is only possible if you are in clan that organise conclave rep group regularly. Nevertheless, congrats. 

Personally, a bit off topic here but whatever, I wish there was a good site for find a suggested price for the stuff you can sell.

And no, warframe trading does not count. People can freely edit a manipulate the prices so they can cheese people out of platinum or save platinum. Not very healthy.

What I want to see is a site like backpack.tf for team fortress 2, the site runs on community voting, and evidence. You must provide evidence that the price you have suggested works and people will accept it when offered to them, or refuse an old price when offered to them (to show an old price is stale).

Seeing a site with this system for PC and consoles would be extremely helpful, because it has been proven to work, and it will work for a game like Warframe if the same rules can be applied, which it can. Platinum is a pure currency most want, like tf2 keys, though keys was set because of their premium value. And we even have a warframe trading site, to find others who have offers for items we need or want to dispose of, which it could be used as a source of evidence.

If anyone can set something like that up, you'll probably have a site that will actually be used unlike warframe trading.

1 hour ago, (XB1)DataStorm 8Bit said:

Personally, a bit off topic here but whatever, I wish there was a good site for find a suggested price for the stuff you can sell.

And no, warframe trading does not count. People can freely edit a manipulate the prices so they can cheese people out of platinum or save platinum. Not very healthy.

What I want to see is a site like backpack.tf for team fortress 2, the site runs on community voting, and evidence. You must provide evidence that the price you have suggested works and people will accept it when offered to them, or refuse an old price when offered to them (to show an old price is stale).

Seeing a site with this system for PC and consoles would be extremely helpful, because it has been proven to work, and it will work for a game like Warframe if the same rules can be applied, which it can. Platinum is a pure currency most want, like tf2 keys, though keys was set because of their premium value. And we even have a warframe trading site, to find others who have offers for items we need or want to dispose of, which it could be used as a source of evidence.

If anyone can set something like that up, you'll probably have a site that will actually be used unlike warframe trading.

Do you know about warframe.market?

Given 1 out of 2 people have second dream, and IF they want to farm for VR it will be a pain since conculyst do not have a guarantee spawn rate (50/50) from getting a battlelyst or conculyst. Aside from that, conculyst only have a 0.125% dropping according to wiki. You could imagine how small amounts of player will have this mod, and also most of the player will keep one for themselves ........

High noon is not common, but im pretty sure people have transmuted a bunch of them as well while i have never really heard of people transmuted a Vengeful Revenant at all.

On June 5, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Top_Gun_1999 said:

Given 1 out of 2 people have second dream, and IF they want to farm for VR it will be a pain since conculyst do not have a guarantee spawn rate (50/50) from getting a battlelyst or conculyst. Aside from that, conculyst only have a 0.125% dropping according to wiki. You could imagine how small amounts of player will have this mod, and also most of the player will keep one for themselves ........

High noon is not common, but im pretty sure people have transmuted a bunch of them as well while i have never really heard of people transmuted a Vengeful Revenant at all.

At the time High Noon was more painful to farm because players might need to buy the Alad V Nav Coordinates.

If people want to charge huge amounts of plat for something, that's fine. It's there right. I think they're idiots for thinking people will spend 500+ plat on something they can farm, transmute, or apparently get from the conclave.

what bothers me more about this, is it feels like people who have no clue how the game works, are setting market values.

people who watch the market long enough will notice how it works. New stuff is priced higher. Sets can be worth more.

there is always the argument of supply and demand to consider, but this doesn't really feel like that.

it feels like someone looked at the market, saw the price of hunhows gift bundle, and decided to base the trade channel price on that.

If that's the case, I think we'll be spending more plat on newer stuff then we did before.

Frost Prime isn't going to be the most expensive thing on the trade channel any more.

I feel like this community does not understand the value of platinum whatsoever. 75 platinum is the lowest you can buy from the website, and it's worth five dollars. 

So it shouldn't be hard to understand why some people will block you without replying to your price when you're asking for hundreds of platinum...

This isn't TF2 people.