Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion on mini bosses

(PSN)bddacres

So I've been farming alot on the moon and I have actually come to enjoy the sentient mini bosses that come every so often.....  I believe this concept should be expanded upon and mini bosses should be added for each faction... This excludes assassins...  Anyone else agree?

Well, we have other mini bosses, Juggernaut, Manics and Bursas. The problem is, Bursas, Manics and Juggernauts got nerfed many times because people can't use a little of strategy to kill them. A high level Juggernaut still is a threat, but Bursas and Manics are easy to kill.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

Could be interesting, but we sorta already have "mini-boss" units for the factions. Corrupted have Vor in T4, and Infested have Juggernauts. Grineer and Corpus have Manics and Bursas, respectively.

Might be nice to see these guys tuned up a bit; they've all got their own issues.

edit: beaten to the punch. 

Edited by Duavey

1 minute ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Those mini bosses just don't have the same feel...  They feel like just regular enemies in my opinion excluding the juggernaut 

Because Bursas and Manics got nerfed to the ground. A Manic pre-nerf was a terror. It could kill a entire squad, players needed to stay in total alert and attack the Manic before he attacks. Bursas could lock down a corridor and spray the area with rockets, requiring the players to maintain the alarms turned off or flank the Bursa while a player tank the attacks.

Now I can 1 shot a Bursa with my Strun Wraith or even kill with a Atomos while shooting another enemy. Manic is just a regular guy that laugh and dies after 10 seconds.

+9999 OP

there are actually a ton of great ideas that have at one time or another been integrated into warframe, but most of them are either limited to a select few missions or relegated to the history books =/ [so many interesting systems/mechanics from past events that are forgotten and never seen again] 

its one of the most frustrating aspects of being an avid tenno, is that DE clearly has the capability to make warframe just kick-&#! 24/7... but for whatever silly reasons, they refuse to incorporate some of their best ideas, while at the same time, they also either refuse or are in some form of denial about some of their worst implementations/ideas [FWIW some do get rectified over time, but taking 2-3 years per 'fix' is extremely costly when factoring in lost players]

30 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Because Bursas and Manics got nerfed to the ground. A Manic pre-nerf was a terror. It could kill a entire squad, players needed to stay in total alert and attack the Manic before he attacks. Bursas could lock down a corridor and spray the area with rockets, requiring the players to maintain the alarms turned off or flank the Bursa while a player tank the attacks.

Now I can 1 shot a Bursa with my Strun Wraith or even kill with a Atomos while shooting another enemy. Manic is just a regular guy that laugh and dies after 10 seconds.

The problem was that both Manics and Bursas had some mechanical problems. Manics, IMO, were better suited to be closer to normal enemies anyway (but they need more spawns). Bursas were never fun, and should appear more like the Juggernaut Behemoth, in large tiles only and as giant enemies.

Even with the nerfs they've received respectively Bursas and Maniacs are still though af, I don't know what you elitist prick-bags are talking about?! Now they just aren't broken game ruining crap, they pose a fun challenge to the new and mid-level players. What does it matter to y'all anyway, only time you're ever on the star chart is for sorties anyway when you aren't in the relays peddling over-priced prime crap cause you grind void 24/7? In response to this guy and others like 'im...

1 hour ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Well, we have other mini bosses, Juggernaut, Manics and Bursas. The problem is, Bursas, Manics and Juggernauts got nerfed many times because people can't use a little of strategy to kill them. A high level Juggernaut still is a threat, but Bursas and Manics are easy to kill.

Other than that, yea, we got mini bosses yo, just need to seek 'em out. They could buff the spawn rates on Maniacs though, they're the least fought out of Bursas, Juggernaughts, and the Sentient Conculysts and Battaysts. (Maybe tweak Sentients to only adapt to elemental damage? Because I've literally had them buff against puncture and slash damage at some points, so all 3 of my weapons did pretty much NOTHING.... Even better when you're solo, or even with others because it severely hampers their damage output too. IF not that then at least make Battalyst shots do less damage... I get it, powerful arm cannons and all, but what is the literal AoE on those?! It's freakin' ridiculous when they shoot and I get hit and I'm like a mile away)

5 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Well aren't you cool? Not everyone runs Sancti Tigris with whatever mods or some other crap.

Before the Bursa nerf, an ember with WOF could walk up to a bursa, use acceleratnt, step around the bursa (who is already half dead from WOF) smack him once or twice with a melee weapon and he's dead.

You telling me you don't have ember, (or loki, or almost any other frame) and a melee weapons with a couple mods on it?

They were slightly challenging before, now they go almost unnoticed.

The Bursa's weren't well implemented into the normal game as Mini-Bosses. They worked far better in False Profit when they were introduced.

The biggest problem with Bursa's now is that they spawn almost constantly when Corpus maps are in Alert states. Instead of just being a one time major Spawn like the Juggernaut. This is what lead to them needing the heavy nerf-bat for general play. Which was likely the wrong move to make with them. They are not-miniboses anymore, just kinda-annoyingly stronger Corpus heavies like Bombards or Napalms for Grineer.

Bursa's went from Mini-Boss to Corpus Heavy, to fill up some role slots in that faction. This is why they have been steadily weakened the ways they have.

The Manics was only a threat because of its "hump your face auto-kill" move. Auto-kill moves do not make a mini-boss, just an unfair and gimmicky "gotcha" system.

Excluding the Assassin (which are actual mini-bosses), only the Juggernaught and Sentients can be counted as mini-bosses because they actually have real mechanics to play around. This could have been a singular Bursa spawn, but DE decided against going that way and made the Bursa a generic Heavy enemy.

On 6/6/2016 at 0:37 AM, (PS4)bddacres said:

So I've been farming alot on the moon and I have actually come to enjoy the sentient mini bosses that come every so often.....  I believe this concept should be expanded upon and mini bosses should be added for each faction... This excludes assassins...  Anyone else agree?

I think the Sentients are cool...Conceptually.

I also think the actual IMPLEMENTATION is pretty terrible.

They are capable of adapting to negate your entire damage suite. They force subpar weapons in order to avoid physical damage types. And their EHP  is spongy to boot. All this, and they deal far too much damage for suck tank units.

They should adapt to the type of damage that hits hardest. Then, at the next adaptation, they should LOSE their first one. Right now, they simply take far, far more time and effort than they are worth. Got the moon map mods, and because of these enemies I don't ever go back there. They ruin the experience.

5 hours ago, Leproxia said:

I liked Manics better when (one) manic could decimate an entire squad. It took patience and skill to kill one and the satisfaction of killing one was great, boosted squad morale a bit. 

No. It just took patience. Alone. Because for half the "fight" with one, players aren't ALLOWED to participate. It's a terrible, frustrating enemy made to negate any of the powers that make Warframe unique.

The hardest part of Manics is tolerating the shoddy, non interactive desig.

6 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Before the Bursa nerf, an ember with WOF could walk up to a bursa, use acceleratnt, step around the bursa (who is already half dead from WOF) smack him once or twice with a melee weapon and he's dead.

You telling me you don't have ember, (or loki, or almost any other frame) and a melee weapons with a couple mods on it?

They were slightly challenging before, now they go almost unnoticed.

I do have Ember, yes, but a majority of the time I tend to use her against the Infestation or Grineer, not Corpus. And I also have Loki, but at best he makes the fight a little easier. I don't know what enemy you're fighting, but Bursas are still a challenge, between the missile barrages, nullifier bubbles, shockwaves, slowing tether orbs, and other enemies, they can still give you a run for your money

Bursas are bullet sponges period to anyone who actually plays the game for fun. Not everyone has access to prime weapons, all frames, and syndicate stuff right away if they don't pay money or have a high MR. I'm MR 12 myself, but only have like 5 prime items in total, most likely will never get anymore either because most of it is fugly. Yes, I will LITERALLY not use a weapon if I can't stand how it looks. Also something about not being a sheep like everyone else who just follows the trends and uses the cheese just to cheese, I get no enjoyment from that, and if I don't enjoy the game, why would I even play it? The way Bursas are now is fine by me, I like them as Corpus heavy units, to the point where I'll always let one spawn before turning off the alarms.

Bursas deserved the nerf beating they got because when they were re-implemented, they were absolutely terrible. DE put them in just as they were when they were first introduced, when you'd fight ONE at a time, as a common enemy that would keep spawning and keep getting stronger everytime.

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4
Added info

11 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Bursas are bullet sponges period to anyone who actually plays the game for fun. Not everyone has access to prime weapons, all frames, and syndicate stuff right away if they don't pay money or have a high MR. I'm MR 12 myself, but only have like 5 prime items in total, most likely will never get anymore either because most of it is fugly. Yes, I will LITERALLY not use a weapon if I can't stand how it looks. Also something about not being a sheep like everyone else who just follows the trends and uses the cheese just to cheese, I get no enjoyment from that, and if I don't enjoy the game, why would I even play it? The way Bursas are now is fine by me, I like them as Corpus heavy units, to the point where I'll always let one spawn before turning off the alarms.

Bursas deserved the nerf beating they got because when they were re-implemented, they were absolutely terrible. DE put them in just as they were when they were first introduced, when you'd fight ONE at a time, as a common enemy that would keep spawning and keep getting stronger everytime.

I was one shoting bursas at your MR lol. It doesn't take much to do so and being a casual doesn't mean you have to be inexperienced. Also a regular hek or a dread can one shot a bursas. I would like to see bosses with problem solving aspects. For example, sentient, although the concept can be rework a little bit more, has a unique ability that requires you to plan around concepts and actually require skill. 

On 6/7/2016 at 5:48 PM, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I do have Ember, yes, but a majority of the time I tend to use her against the Infestation or Grineer, not Corpus. And I also have Loki, but at best he makes the fight a little easier. I don't know what enemy you're fighting, but Bursas are still a challenge, between the missile barrages, nullifier bubbles, shockwaves, slowing tether orbs, and other enemies, they can still give you a run for your money

I'm fighting bursas, but honeslty half the time i don't notice one is there until it's sitting there dead. I mostly use ember and WOF keeps them from doing all those things (missle barages etc). and they are dead before i realize one is there. On sorties they are tougher and i might have to blind them and shoot a gun a few times. A simulor works pretty good on them, even my marelok can head shot them easy from the front.

NOt sure what enemy you are fighting but they aren't that hard. And if they are, keep the alarms off and you only fight them one at a time.

I'm not saying they're impossibly hard, they are a challenge though, a challenge I like. I don't have the Simulor, and never will, because it looks like a stick with S#&$ on it for one, and like I said, I'm not some Mirage Simulor sheep. I don't min-max at all, because that "playstyle" isn't fun for me. I'm just tired of everyone assuming just because they can one shot a Bursa everyone is going to do that. Why even play the game if nothing can stand up to you and give you a challenge for more than a second?

Between elitist pigs and terrible noobs and new players, that's were I like to be, a normal player that does what he/she wants, plays the game, has fun, so on. Problem is this community ruins the game, because those elitist like to argue and DE makes content to satisfy them because in their mind those veterans are the ones who've sunk the most money into this game, and the noobs are just noobs and annoying.

39 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I'm not saying they're impossibly hard, they are a challenge though, a challenge I like. I don't have the Simulor, and never will, because it looks like a stick with S#&$ on it for one, and like I said, I'm not some Mirage Simulor sheep. I don't min-max at all, because that "playstyle" isn't fun for me. I'm just tired of everyone assuming just because they can one shot a Bursa everyone is going to do that. Why even play the game if nothing can stand up to you and give you a challenge for more than a second?

Between elitist pigs and terrible noobs and new players, that's were I like to be, a normal player that does what he/she wants, plays the game, has fun, so on. Problem is this community ruins the game, because those elitist like to argue and DE makes content to satisfy them because in their mind those veterans are the ones who've sunk the most money into this game, and the noobs are just noobs and annoying.

Your comment comes across a little insulting and im not sure if thats what you intended. Mini bosses do need so added strategy. Right now bursas can be easily compared to bombards.

5 hours ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Your comment comes across a little insulting and im not sure if thats what you intended. Mini bosses do need so added strategy. Right now bursas can be easily compared to bombards.

Honestly, yes and no. I know I'm probably greatly exaggerating when I say that, but it's still true that a good portion of this community thinks and acts the same.

But, to the point, I guess you could say that. Like a tankier Bombard with more abilities pretty much. There is strategy there, even when going up against a Bombard, you have to dodge their shots and light them up.

20 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

well then you are giving yourself an artifical challenge. The game should be actually challenging. The Dev's have to make it challenging around a Mirage using a simulor. They can't make the base game challenging for someone who decides that mods for losers and likes to run unmodded frames, or likes to use weapons that aren't higher than level 15. You are then saying you are just a casual player with no interest in playing at a high level. In that case, you should absolutly die when facing harder content.

There is nothing wrong with being a casual player, but being a casual player who doesn't use the best equipment who also wants access to all the game's content is silly. There shoudl always be parts of the game casual player who has no interest in "min/maxing" can't get to or deal with. if you are fighting Bursas with Mk 1 latos they will be challenging no doubt, but they are not challenging to almost any frame /weapon combinations that are well modded, or specific frames/weapons that are moderately modded (for those that dont have all the best mods yet).

Edited by Shockwave-

You have half a point but then just missed it. The game shouldn't be designed around that Mirage with a Simulor, it should be designed for everyone, not just the very top. I can pretty much handle t1- t3 myself, and the entire star chart is also my *@##$. I ended up clearing a lot of the star chart myself at MR9 though just because all the "elite" players grind void t4 pretty much 24/7. I don't even like defense or interception missions, much less playing them alone because all the other new players aren't being helped by the vets or anyone.

Also, never said I run un-modded, I just don't min-max one aspect of anything, I generally just improve my frames and weapons. I think Warframe is fun, I don't even mind the grind that much because I've come to not expect certain things or really care to get other things, I'm content with my frame line-up and arsenal. The problem is that RNG honestly sucks, power-creep sucks too (but only exists because of veteran players), loot tables are a mess, enemy scaling is #*($%%@, and some other things I can't say without getting banhammered by DE most likely.

5 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

but they are not challenging to almost any frame /weapon combinations that are well modded, or specific frames/weapons that are moderately modded (for those that dont have all the best mods yet).

That is a REALLY subjective statement. You see, we Humans, we are all blessed with individuality, so the "best" mods to you may just be useless to me