Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best weapon to clear out rooms fast

dodorichard

Question

Because of crafting requirements, been getting every Nitain alert that pops up. Speed running these are almost a must and usually the squad I have is in an all out sprint to finish to get the prize in the box. Obviously to be efficient we need a weapon that does massive AOE that consistently kills level 30 enemies in one blast. 

My Synoid Simulor does the job well enough but sometimes I wind up out running my energy orbs, rather embarrassing. So I was thinking of tricking out my Ignis and flame all enemies while blowing through the map. What do you folks use on speed runs to do massive and quick AOE?

11 answers to this question

Well ember is quite effective. The ignis is a great option to use with ember. it can shoot clear across most rooms in the game and kill pretty effectively at lower levels . The amprex and atomos are good options too due to their beams hitting multiple enemies at once. Then you have the staticore and the sonicore both effective AOE hand cannons. 

Ignis, hands down. Innate punch through for finding caches/medallions (syndicate dailies). Clearing rooms from the other side of locked down doors (though corpus ships with the windows can be annoying, thus the point about lock downs). Big enough clip to keep it going is big when you are running around quickly.

It'll probably be the first weapon I forma significantly on my alt xbox account.

Edited by Wopel

Right now I'm leveling Quanta Vandal and getting good results from Combustion Beam at low levels. The highest level alerts it doesn't do much good though.

You could try out a damage built Sobek with Acid Shells. Sobek does plenty of damage for alerts so you don't need to mess with firing rate and go full auto, just use it like a semi-auto. Then Acid Shells scales with the HP of your target. I've heard Acid Shells doesn't always work properly, but that might be fixed soon if it hasn't been fixed already.

Well thing is just cause your team is sprinting to the end doesnt mean you have to burn through forma for a weapon thats only gonna be good for lower lvl enemies and not much else. I'd suggest instead aim for frame which help said person to kill stuff faster. 

Cause lets be honest, just cause you have 4 Embers/Equinoxs/Ashs in the squad doesnt ALWAYS mean its gonna be a fast game

So Id suggest bringing a roar rhino with a bit of range. That roar can reach 2x dmg making it a very quick run for most frames, and a CP can help even more.

Used to be you could bring a Volt and just keep everybody running fast but ya know...idiots and their wanting a pickup instead of an instant speed buff...But on that note, if you have Volt P, Max his range, max his str, and give him 100%-130% duration and you can just about jump into a room with Discharge after tapping a death orb here and there and wipe the entire room before your team even gets there :thumbup: 

Edited by rawr1254

29 minutes ago, 130RILLA said:

If you are willing to put 5 forma an Ignis with combustion beam works great, especially with a Redemeer for those high-levelled enemies for level 50 and below. 

If not use a Mios and copter around 

You don't even need 5 forma for the star map (OP stated level 30 enemies). Rate of fire mods with elements and split chamber will carry just about everything the star map throws at you.