Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How the hell do polarize shards work?

AdunSaveMe

Question

They straight up don't do anything for me. Just stay on the ground. I'm told they're meant to be drawn in by Magnetize, but they aren't, whether inside the radius or outside it. Why? And what are they supposed to do when they're drawn in? Moreso, how does one get this ability to work and use it properly?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

6 answers to this question

Whenever you hit polarize each enemy (not sure if it has to be armored or not) drops 1 tiny shard.

Gets dragged into magnetize like Noble said. It doesn't add all that much damage unless you have a large group.

10 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

they're drawn in using magnetize 

5 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

Whenever you hit polarize each enemy (not sure if it has to be armored or not) drops 1 tiny shard.

Gets dragged into magnetize like Noble said. It doesn't add all that much damage unless you have a large group.

23 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I'm told they're meant to be drawn in by Magnetize, but they aren't, whether inside the radius or outside it. 

^

Yep, nope.  The armor shards are used for the Magnetize ability.  While just one is fairly lack luster and takes a bit to do noticeable damage, get a handful in there and it's like watching what I imagine the Vashta Narada look like while eating someone.

I've found that the shards are good during longer missions, like Survival or Defenses, because you get mobs big enough to generate a decent amount of shards and Magnetize has more value as a CC ability, if you've modded it as such.  (Range, IIRC is what you want.  Makes the bubble bigger as well as increases the blast damage radius when the ability ends.) 

I think Crush generates projectiles that can be picked up by Magnetize as well.  Personally, I want to see ammo boxes getting sucked in too. :X

^

Might be a bug then.

Edited by Noamuth

So i tested it in the simulacrum. Shards need to be within the range of magnetized

And enemies DO have to be armored or have shields to produce shards (tested on butchers and prod crewmen)

Also tested the shards to see how much damage they do... none at all from what i can see.

Edited by shyguyk

Shards are only helpful if you polarize first, then magnetize. The shards add damage to magnetize and will spin in the center endlessly. They have very little damage themselves, but are mainly useful for getting rid of nullifier bubbles. Now, if you were to polarize wave of wave on enemies in the same spot, like in t4d or t4s, the amount of shards that would collect over time is tremendous. Its possible to cover the far door in t4d without using anything else except polarize/magnetize, all the way to wave 60+.