Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

15 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*She looks down to the charger, she kneels down and pets it*..Go wait..for me in the ship, I;ll be fine..you won;t want a ember watching you now do you?

*The Charger runs back into the ship, hiding behind a desk*

"Lets go"

Namira guides you to the city.

"What were you looking to buy?" She asks. "We have a Tenno merchant who showed up recently. Sells prime components from what I heard. We do have some oddities, and the food is great."

4 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"I will do that, Katherine." He said as he pushed more rubble aside, it was disturbing to think that this was once a fully standing building. He tried to listen to any voices shouting for help. 

He couldn't hear anyone shouting, but there was something else.  Faint thumps in a regular pattern.

7 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"Anti-Sentient, huh? Mid-flight conversion is quite the feat." He truned towards the door, gesturing in its direction. "There's some stuff in here I'd like to investigate. Would you mind scouting out that next room?" he asked as he toppled the next pile of rubble.

"Ryoko has a bit of a fascination with a Sentient tech." Dirge says. "Let me know if you find something."

He slips into the next room.

You turn over the next pile and find...

A forma.

Something crashes in the next room and you hear gunfire, then silence. It does not sound like a Vulkar Wraith.

((Gonna try this as almost a choose your own adventure storyline. Stick it out and you might find some very interesting tech.))

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Ryoko has a bit of a fascination with a Sentient tech." Dirge says. "Let me know if you find something."

He slips into the next room.

You turn over the next pile and find...

A forma.

Something crashes in the next room and you hear gunfire, then silence. It does not sound like a Vulkar Wraith.

((Gonna try this as almost a choose your own adventure storyline. Stick it out and you might find some very interesting tech.))

"Useful, at the vey least." Lord mumbled as he put the Forma away.

"That gunshot didn't sound too good..." Lord mumbled again as he created an electric shield on his arm. He turned off the light on his shoulder, preferring the dimmer, violet light from his shield.  He slowly entered the next room...

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Namira guides you to the city.

"What were you looking to buy?" She asks. "We have a Tenno merchant who showed up recently. Sells prime components from what I heard. We do have some oddities, and the food is great."

"I'm looking for nano-spores and Mutagen Samples, along with some nerdoes, for..my..pets of course and myself"

"Do you have them safely contained for buying?"

2 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"Useful, at the vey least." Lord mumbled as he put the Forma away.

"That gunshot didn't sound too good..." Lord mumbled again as he created an electric shield on his arm. He turned off the light on his shoulder, preferring the dimmer, violet light from his shield.  He slowly entered the next room...

Dirge stands over two corrupted corpses. A corrupted guardsman and a corrupted butcher.

A smoking Wraith Viper is held in his hand. 

"Find anything?" He calls. 

This room seems to be a four way hallway. The door on the right is wedged slightly open. The one on the left lies shattered off it's hinges. The one ahead seems to be in perfect working order. 

As you watch an electric charge seems to run over the surface.

Dirge seems to know about this place. However he also seems puzzled by the presence of the Corrupted.

14 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

He couldn't hear anyone shouting, but there was something else.  Faint thumps in a regular pattern.

Lucious made his way closer to the thumps, trying to figure out from where it exactly came.

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

Lucious made his way closer to the thumps, trying to figure out from where it exactly came.

It seemed to be coming from underneath  a large pile of broken concrete and wood.

Richard lifted someone out of another pile and carried them slowly back to the street.

7 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

"I'm looking for nano-spores and Mutagen Samples, along with some nerdoes, for..my..pets of course and myself"

"Do you have them safely contained for buying?"

"All of our resources like that are either tied up in research or being used in medical." Namira says. She stops as if listening to something. 

"We might have a few.." She says slowly. "If you'd be willing to help with a small issue..."

"Ryoko's old lab had a few supplies." She said. "Dirge is there now. He says the place is in ruins. You might be able to salvage some supplies from it though."

She steps off to the side and presses a pad against a wall.

"I could take you there if you want." She says.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dirge stands over two corrupted corpses. A corrupted guardsman and a corrupted butcher.

A smoking Wraith Viper is held in his hand. 

"Find anything?" He calls. 

This room seems to be a four way hallway. The door on the right is wedged slightly open. The one on the left lies shattered off it's hinges. The one ahead seems to be in perfect working order. 

As you watch an electric charge seems to run over the surface.

Dirge seems to know about this place. However he also seems puzzled by the presence of the Corrupted.

"Not much. Just a Forma." Lord says as he tosses it at Dirge. "Corrupted here too? Ah, maybe a Void Portal anomaly... no problems there." He looks at the four doors. "So, where do these lead?"

7 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

It seemed to be coming from underneath  a large pile of broken concrete and wood.

Richard lifted someone out of another pile and carried them slowly back to the street.

Lucious started moving the rubble away, waiting to see someone who is buried under it. 

7 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"Not much. Just a Forma." Lord says as he tosses it at Dirge. "Corrupted here too? Ah, maybe a Void Portal anomaly... no problems there." He looks at the four doors. "So, where do these lead?"

Dirge seems to tilt his head at you.

"Well the one behind you leads back where you came." He says. "The one to the right leads to the showcase room. The one on the left leads to the containment room."

You look both ways and see light shimmer off of glass in either side. While you are occupied Dirge darts forward and balances the Firma on your head. 

Or were they both containment rooms?" Dirge says, scratching his chin. "He swapped it last Monday, then Tuesday. Did he swap Wednesday..."

He trails off and then motions to the door behind him.

"That one, well that doesn't lead anywhere." He says. "Absolutely nothing behind that door. Waste of time to open it. Nothing but blank space. Nothing of interest there."

He seems suspiciously emphatic about how meaningless opening that door would be. Another charge runs over it. They seem to be spaced out evenly. It could be a security system. Dirge notices you looking at it and shrugs.

"You want to waste a few minutes exploring..  I mean doing nothing, be my guest." He says. "There is absolutely nothing of value behind that door."

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

Dirge seems to tilt his head at you.

"Well the one behind you leads back where you came." He says. "The one to the right leads to the showcase room. The one on the left leads to the containment room."

you look both ways and see light shimmer off of glass in either side. 

"Or were they both containment rooms?" Dirge says, scratching his chin. "He swapped it last Monday, then Tuesday. Did he swap Wednesday..."

He trails off and then motions to the door behind him.

"That one, well that doesn't lead anywhere." He says. "Absolutely nothing behind that door. Waste of time to open it. Nothing but blank space. Nothing of interest there."

He seems suspiciously emphatic about how meaningless opening that door would be. Another charge runs over it. They seem to be spaced out evenly. It could be a security system. Dirge notices you looking at it and shrugs.

"You want to waste a few minutes exploring..  I mean doing nothing, be my guest." He says. "There is absolutely nothing of value behind that door."

"If we don't have anything better to do. Why not open it?" Lord said as he reached for the door.

As he touched the door, multiple arcs of electricity jumped to his hand. However, they didn't seem to harm him. If anything. they only made him stronger. He tore the door open, using the electricity running through it to bolster his strength. As soon as the door was open, he summoned a shield in front of him and drew his pistols.

13 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Lucious started moving the rubble away, waiting to see someone who is buried under it. 

Shifting the last piece of broken concrete, Lucious found not a person, but a Kubrow.  The poor creature had been impaled by a piece of broken wood, and was pawing at the wall next to it desperately.  The wound in its side was still bleeding, and its breathing was shallow.

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Shifting the last piece of broken concrete, Lucious found not a person, but a Kubrow.  The poor creature had been impaled by a piece of broken wood, and was pawing at the wall next to it desperately.  The wound in its side was still bleeding, and its breathing was shallow.

Oh poor creature. Lucious thought. He put one hand on the kubrow's paw and carefully pulled the piece of wood out of him. 

15 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

"If we don't have anything better to do. Why not open it?" Lord said as he reached for the door.

As he touched the door, multiple arcs of electricity jumped to his hand. However, they didn't seem to harm him. If anything. they only made him stronger. He tore the door open, using the electricity running through it to bolster his strength. As soon as the door was open, he summoned a shield in front of him and drew his pistols.

A blank wall meets his gaze.

Dirge laughs.

"Hahaha." He says. "Every bloody time."

He leans over. 

"Ahh don't take it too hard lad." He says. "You're not the first to fall victim to that prank."

He motions to the side doors.

"One of these is containment." He says. "One is display. Not sure which is which. Both had a lot of glass tubes. We'll have to look at the consoles to find out."

10 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Oh poor creature. Lucious thought. He put one hand on the kubrow's paw and carefully pulled the piece of wood out of him. 

The kubrow whimpered as Lucious pulled out the piece of floorboard.  The wound immediately began bleeding profusely, as the item that was holding most of the blood in was removed.

The bleeding stopped abruptly, and the kubrow sighed, its chest returning to a more natural breathing rhythm.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

The kubrow whimpered as Lucious pulled out the piece of floorboard.  The wound immediately began bleeding profusely, as the item that was holding most of the blood in was removed.

The bleeding stopped abruptly, and the kubrow sighed, its chest returning to a more natural breathing rhythm.

Lucious was confused by the sudden stop in bleeding but still grabbed a bandage from the small kit he did bring along. He started treating the wound with it. Still wondering about the sudden stop in bleeding.

9 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Lucious was confused by the sudden stop in bleeding but still grabbed a bandage from the small kit he did bring along. He started treating the wound with it. Still wondering about the sudden stop in bleeding.

His question was answered by a text message from Richard.  Blessed the Kubrow.  This particular frame was re-outfitted for civilian medicine - none of the abilities work the way you're used to them working.  All my Blessing does is stop bleeding and provide painkillers.

Edited by Yzjdriel

5 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

His question was answered by a text message from Richard.  Blessed the Kubrow.  This particular frame was re-outfitted for civilian medicine - none of the abilities work the way you're used to them working.  All my Blessing does is stop bleeding and provide painkillers.

Lucious replied with this message. That is good to know and thanks for your help Richard. Do you have any idea to who this kubrow belongs? He carefully lifted the kubrow onto his paws.

55 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A blank wall meets his gaze.

Dirge laughs.

"Hahaha." He says. "Every bloody time."

He leans over. 

"Ahh don't take it too hard lad." He says. "You're not the first to fall victim to that prank."

He motions to the side doors.

"One of these is containment." He says. "One is display. Not sure which is which. Both had a lot of glass tubes. We'll have to look at the consoles to find out."

The shield disappeared with a slight buzzing noise, and Lord looked back at Dirge. "Oh, I'll get you back for that one. Count on it." He chuckled. 

"So, what's being 'contained' and what's  being 'displayed' behind these doors? Infestation? Experimental projects?"

5 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

The shield disappeared with a slight buzzing noise, and Lord looked back at Dirge. "Oh, I'll get you back for that one. Count on it." He chuckled. 

"So, what's being 'contained' and what's  being 'displayed' behind these doors? Infestation? Experimental projects?"

Dirge nodded.

"Yes." He said. "All of the above."

He held his rifle.

"Display was things that we'd made into weapons." He says. "Containment... well that was things that were the reason we had the aforementioned weapons."

He looks back and forth. 

"I'll let you take point." He says. "That way I can cover your back. I know the books of this place quite well."

39 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Lucious replied with this message. That is good to know and thanks for your help Richard. Do you have any idea to who this kubrow belongs? He carefully lifted the kubrow onto his paws.

Not a clue.  We'll take it to the hospital and run a DNA scan to find out.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dirge nodded.

"Yes." He said. "All of the above."

He held his rifle.

"Display was things that we'd made into weapons." He says. "Containment... well that was things that were the reason we had the aforementioned weapons."

He looks back and forth. 

"I'll let you take point." He says. "That way I can cover your back. I know the books of this place quite well."

"Alright, I suppose. Let me know if anything sneaks up behind me." Holding his Akjagara ahead of him, he stepped into Containment.