Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quanta: Can It?

(PSN)Saobie3

Question

So firstly, i want to know how far i can get with the Quanta. I understand its pretty good, but how good? Specificaly, im wondering if its Sortie viable (My ignis seems to be. Major falloff on the last mission but the 100% status chance for vir/rad allows me to still be useful). 

Aside from that, i want to know of a good build, and what kind of base Rifle mods it does and dosnt need (IE multishot, punch, RoF)

I really want to kill things with geometry

Edited by (PS4)Saobie3

8 answers to this question

Quanta Vandal is crit build, raw damage build, or status build viable. You can deal high DPS with either build, making it a versatile weapon such as the Braton Prime. I personally run a crit/status build with Shred so that it ticks more often thus decreasing the time between my crits. I have at or near 100% status chance while having 25% crit chance, amplified crit damage, punch through, and slightly higher fire rate. Personally, that fits me best. Others may prefer a different build, however.

Basically, build how you want and what fits you best because the Quanta/Vandal is a solid weapon any way you build it. And yes, it is still good in sortie - level missions.

3 minutes ago, TheStag said:

Quanta Vandal is crit build, raw damage build, or status build viable. You can deal high DPS with either build, making it a versatile weapon such as the Braton Prime. I personally run a crit/status build with Shred so that it ticks more often thus decreasing the time between my crits. I have at or near 100% status chance while having 25% crit chance, amplified crit damage, punch through, and slightly higher fire rate. Personally, that fits me best. Others may prefer a different build, however.

Basically, build how you want and what fits you best because the Quanta/Vandal is a solid weapon any way you build it. And yes, it is still good in sortie - level missions.

Awesome, so its not a bad idea to spend all of todays merching earnings on stuff to make it good.

I have all the mods to make the build you described i believe, which is very rare because despite having over 82 unique rares, i almost never have what i need lol. I will try to build along those lines, as i LOVE high status weapons

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

Awesome, so its not a bad idea to spend all of todays merching earnings on stuff to make it good.

I have all the mods to make the build you described i believe, which is very rare because despite having over 82 unique rares, i almost never have what i need lol. I will try to build along those lines, as i LOVE high status weapons

I build for Viral because it halves the health of enemies, so even if it doesn't crit it will hurt high level enemies severely.

Just now, TheStag said:

I build for Viral because it halves the health of enemies, so even if it doesn't crit it will hurt high level enemies severely.

Yup thats usually what i do too. Viral is potent against anything for that reason. This means the only other thing i can do is build for Radiation (or pure heat/electricity but that seems bad)

I've taken it on Tier 3 Sorties before and managed to succeed, so I can assure you it is indeed viable (more so on smaller maps where you can bombard enemies with the cube grenades, but the laser can do reasonable damage at range as well). I suppose you could consider it a poor man's Synoid Simulor; not quite as good at mindlessly clearing tiles, but a bit more versatile and still strong in it's own right. My personal setup is:

• Serration
  • Heavy Caliber
  • Split Chamber
  • Infected Clip*
  • Stormbringer*
  • Cryo Rounds or Hellfire*
  • Shred**
  • Additional elemental mod or Terminal Velocity***

* Corrosive + Ice and Corrosvie + FIre are pretty good all-round builds, but it may benefit you build for Radiation + Toxic or Radiation + Viral for some of the tougher Grineer sorties

** Lets the cubes pass through enemies instead of exploding on impact. Not only does this make it easier to fire them into crowds without them prematurely detonating, but you can fire them through enemies to deal some damage and then manually detonate to do even more damage!

*** This last one is up to you really. Terminal Velocity makes the cubes travel further which means you don't have to get as close to enemies, but if you really want to you could just slot another elemental mod or even an element + status mod if you want to sacrifice some damage for status effects.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

So this is what i put on my Quanta so far:

--Anti Grineer--

Serration

Heavy Calibur

Malignant Force

High Voltage

Split Chambers

Stormbringer

The toxic damage mod for rifle

Point Strike

--Anti Corpus--