Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealing loot from the secret rooms?

VAPEGOD123

Question

Okay so I was playing with a random on a T2 exterminate and there was a puzzle (specifically the one in the dark coloured room where you stand on 4 platforms in sequence to open secret doors on the second level of the room), after completing the puzzle I went up and collected the loot and the guy became salty and ended the mission. When I questioned him asking why he ended the mission (we were using his key) he stated that I stole the loot. I was under the impression that loot dropped for everyone and I have never encountered this issue with other players before.

Can someone shed some light on this situation. Thanks

7 answers to this question

That player must have been ignorant as to how looting in warframe works.

There is absolutely no way to steal loot from someone else.

You can rest assured that he was the one wrong, you did nothing harmful in any way.

I have a feeling that mentioned player would be the first one "stealing" any good loot he would see.
But what he does not realise is the fact everyone share exactly the same loot, all he had to do was to move his salty behind to the room and collect the dropped items.

You stole nothing, as it is not a game like, for example, World of Warcraft, that you go to a dungeon and have to roll for a rare item, and only 1 of five will actually get the object.
Treat it more like "quest item", everyone can pick it up, but they have to actually go to the corpse and pick the item on their own, no stealing included.

Its not 'stealing' per se, the host might have meant the despawn mechanic of the mods in the Orokin Void Containers.

Mods dropped from these Containers (as well as Booster pickups from Rare / Reinforced Containers) despawn after a few minutes, so if they're far away, they might not be able to pick them up. But in general these mods aren't terribly valuable, so its no big deal. As for loot in general, the posts above explained it plenty, so refer to those.