Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infiltrate

-Amaterasu-

Question

So just curious since I haven't tried it yet does Ivaras augment allow her to bypass all leasers (Grineer Magnet doors, Those Grineer Barriers that spawn on certain spy missions to set of alarms) I was under the impression that it would only be corpus laser doors or something (I guess that's the only thing that I see as "Lasers") but that's clearly not what's pictured in the mod so any confirmation would be appriciated.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

Just now, VKhaun said:

Yeah... I'm just confused now. I tested to be 100% sure and the laser barriers definitely do not break stealth or deal damage...

Have you tried testing it with similar grineer lasers? I know there's a tile on earth that has something akin to a waterslide with several walls of those lasers turning on and off so does that break the stealth too or is it just the lasers over the console

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

Have you tried testing it with similar grineer lasers? I know there's a tile on earth that has something akin to a waterslide with several walls of those lasers turning on and off so does that break the stealth too or is it just the lasers over the console

I did the one where you can either hack the box container cars into a line or go around the right and parkour along the wall. The right side path had lasers going up and down and I let those hit me a few times. It was tricky though because wall latching breaks stealth so I had to actually pass through and I was being bad at parkour at the time.

Going to do some on Earth and find the big spiral vault you mentioned to see what happens there.

Grrrr...

I've gotten the spiral twice and once I got the small one with the vertical scanning field that zapped me on the regular grineer vault. Both times the actual trap didn't spawn... the node is only lv1-3 so only a few obstacles actually show up each run.

1 minute ago, VKhaun said:

Grrrr...

I've gotten the spiral twice and once I got the small one with the vertical scanning field that zapped me on the regular grineer vault. Both times the actual trap didn't spawn... the node is only lv1-3 so only a few obstacles actually show up each run.

Does it only spawn on sorties then? I just got the mod so I can try to test it out a bit too

4 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Grrrr...

1 minute ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Does it only spawn on sorties then? I just got the mod so I can try to test it out a bit too

I believe the traps that spawn on Earth are based on a 4hr day/night cycle.

I've been noticing barriers in the Uranus tileset that the augment doesn't work against. The winding tower one with the barrier sealing off the top floor, one of the side hallways has a blinking barrier that will knock you back and any horizontal fields have also hit me out of stealth.

Just now, Amethyst_Orbweaver said:

I've been noticing barriers in the Uranus tileset that the augment doesn't work against. The winding tower one with the barrier sealing off the top floor, one of the side hallways has a blinking barrier that will knock you back and any horizontal fields have also hit me out of stealth.

Nothing on Corpus has ever got me so far. I did the square one with all the cameras and jumped through the beams over the ceiling and stood on the ones across the floor. I also did the other square one where the beams travel back and forth. I was able to just waltz through and hack the door LOL.

14 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

This is the Tile I tested:

1Gb0Qez.jpg

didn't have any alarms go off but maby I was thinking of the wrong laser type

If you go down that ramp and go left through a little hole in the wall there's a passage. You have to just jump over a pit, but sometimes (at night?) a trap spawns in there with a square field on a hinge that moves up and down scanning the area. That's the only thing that has tripped an alarm for me so far. I haven't been able to test it on that tile because it won't show up for me during the day, but the same device got me on Ceres in another vault.

4 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

If you go down that ramp and go left through a little hole in the wall there's a passage. You have to just jump over a pit, but sometimes (at night?) a trap spawns in there with a square field on a hinge that moves up and down scanning the area. That's the only thing that has tripped an alarm for me so far. I haven't been able to test it on that tile because it won't show up for me during the day, but the same device got me on Ceres in another vault.

Guess I'll try to test some more tomorrow getting a little late but one of the more solid looking lasers set of the alarm so I'm not sure if that's intended or not

Finally got home and tested some Grineer vaults on Ceres.

I've been able to pass through all door and beam lasers (even the thick ones), but the square laser field on the hinge still triggers alarms as VKhaun has also experienced. I haven't yet tried any of the bigger laser doors yet (such as the ones on the right path in the conveyor belt tile). I suppose I should just test every trap I see...

The Uranus sealab tileset is like a giant middle finger for Inflitrate. Considering it looks like laser gates are enabled or disabled by gate type, maybe DE forgot the laser gates unique to the sealab tileset existed?

In the vertical tile with the giant spinning laser gate at the top, the giant spinning laser gate and the laser gates on the vertical passages that go from one side of the gate to the other all still trigger the alarms. That includes the laser gate at the top exit of the central elevator shaft. All of these inflict a Blast proc when you touch them.

In the tile with the massive expanse of water at the bottom (not the one with the fan-generated currents in the narrow tubes), the horizontal laser gates that move up and down on rails (not hinges) in the right-side passageway will also trigger the alarms. These inflict a Magnetic proc.

Haven't tried the Moon tileset yet.

24 minutes ago, Maicael said:

I think I'd want it to work on the Arc Traps. Those things drain energy so fast during Prowl.

Stop using QT then ^^

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Arc Traps show up as enemies when you have enemy sense equiped

Ivara has built in radar.

Edited by IceColdHawk

1 minute ago, Maicael said:

Quick Thinking has nothing to do with it. Prowl consumes 10 Energy on each hit...Arc traps are continuous weapons.

So....10 energy/s? They usually deal so much damage that until you're energy is gone, you are gone.

15 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

So....10 energy/s? They usually deal so much damage that until you're energy is gone, you are gone.

Ticks from Arc Traps are a lot faster than 1 per second. Actually, that's a severe understatement. Even with maximum power efficiency, you're losing something like 50 energy per second from Arc Trap damage.

In other news, the Moon is also a giant middle finger.

16 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Ticks from Arc Traps are a lot faster than 1 per second. Actually, that's a severe understatement. Even with maximum power efficiency, you're losing something like 50 energy per second from Arc Trap damage.

Sounds about right. Just did some testing and 1 Arc trap took ~190 energy in the 4 seconds it lasted and another took 160 energy in around 3 seconds.

Edit: These were just some on the Saturn spy mission. Not sure if their tileset level has any effect on them.

Edited by Maicael

7 minutes ago, Amethyst_Orbweaver said:

At 0:50 and 7:30, both laser grids still hit me.

Word... well I can't go through every vault tonight and it'll probably get hot fixed anyway. Thanks for the vid.

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Stop using QT then ^^

Ivara has built in radar.

I know.  The range kinda sux.  It's like 15 or 20 meters.  Sometimes it seems even less.  This is why I keep Enemy Sense on anyway.  Especially with enemies like Combas zooming around.  :D